- More September Release?
- Narsis? Maybe?
On track. Current timeline:
- Get work on TR_Mainland, TR_Factions and TR_Travels done by next week, with additional edits to OE
- Public RC next weekend, with whatever's there
- 2 week period like last time, long enough to fix last-minute bugs and start typing out the release announcement and whatever else we need
- Release in the last September week.
For future NPC claims, writing of the dialogue should be done through Google Docs or similar to be reviewed.
A general problem has been identified: the old forum was entirely thread-based, so NPCing claims were handled within their own threads on a bottom-up basis and merged back when finished.
As this is no longer possible, several suggestions were made:
- Edit section files directly,
- Cut/copy NPCing claims (or a similar thing) into their own ESP and post them on the website for claiming and editing. Referencing the claims that were originally merged into them can be handled via parent/child claims
- Editing section files directly is a good measure for dungeons and small interiors, like isolated huts. Settlements (or large cities) will need to be handled differently.
- Gol Mok had an existing NPC asset, so will be the first testbed to see how directly editing/merging with section files works. Mort’s asset has subsequently been put up for review.
- Menaan will be the second testbed and have its own cut-out NPC claim (most likely a Quest-type claim) that links to the interior claims that had extensive planning on NPCs. It will be suggested to create dialogue first in a google doc and then only after it has been okayed put it into the claim file.
There needs to be Map7 scripts, global readouts.
Having both Shipal-Shin/Othreleth Woods and the Deshaan/Salt Marches/Arnesian Jungle in one region was not a good idea.