Exteriors - Part II
- Should we declutter exteriors (particularly Roth-Roryn and Old Ebonheart) for bigger vanilla parity and support of users with lower end PCs and laptops? Should exterior tunnels be allowed, like in Soluthis or Hlan Oek?
- Required reading: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/forum/exteriors-feedback
- Progress on Andothren
- Firemoth questline
- TV2-4 wilderness interior planning
- Propylon index placement
- Jephre and his (very small) role in Dunmeri society
- Armor and weapons: sorting out stats, expanding or restricting vanilla sets, special cases
- Wolli's asset removal and deprecation tracking list
Quests and Dialogue
- The "characters" of towns like Kartur
- General MG plans, particularly if someone with a good general idea of afterlife-, dreamsleeve- and soultrap-related lore is around
- The Handbook needs attention.
- We need a new/updated visual index.
- Discussing Thal's idea in detail, and finding volunteers for handbook writing: https://www.tamrielrebuilt.org/forum/division-labor-regards-lore-world-building-and-quality-managment
Preparing Template Meetings
- House Redoran
- Clambering Moor
- How should the Kartur section be expanded?
- Do we want to make an exterior claim for the inner sea bordering the big CM island, akin to the Idaverrano seabed edits?
- Cicero suggested on discord that the island could be split up into multiple smaller ones. The interiors would need attention if this is done.
- Othreleth Woods
As previously discussed
- Work on handbook to make things more clear
- claims with roads should start at the road and branch out
- Mainland - dip the roads
- Mainland - raise the terrain around veloths path so that it can remain flat for carriages
- Mainland - Veloth’s path: add a causeway at Roa Dyr, or a bridge if that fails (to replace that road that is pretty much in the pond.
- Beaches along cliffs at Ascadian Bluffs. This would help to not have the transition to the fort cliff be so awkward.
- Have a clear direction for cliffs going forward in future claims to avoid the Roth-Roryn and Thirr Valley issues.
- Sea Floor edits in vanilla cells to make sea floor more natural for transitions between Vvardenfell and the Mainland (talk about this in the future)
- Cluttering the exterior techniques (possibly handled in handbook)
- Playtesting in exterior reviews. Have one person playtest the exterior looking for scale and visual issues, and the reviewer fix the technical CS issues.
- Should work more on modifying the rough heightmap in the south. It seems like people are painting and cluttering the heightmap as is with a few changes and smoothing applied. It was created to give an idea of the height, and not to actually use as the basis of the claim.
Above-Zero Water Statics
- Waterfalls out of tiny above-zero ponds should be cut.
- Various ponds and pools of above-zero water in Thirr Valley should, on a case-by-case basis, be removed or altered.
- A lot of grass in TR cells has been bled into the ground too much with many of them even being fully underground due to terrain edits. Cicero has been fixing all he can find.
- As a general rule from this point on grasses should be bled no more than ⅓ their height into the ground.
- Thirr Valley is very (!) orange, Shipal Shin and Othreleth Woods are conceptually rather red, and the Deshaan is shades of white
- Shipal Shin and Othreleth Woods are offset by orange and green at the bottom and different colors between height levels, Deshaan is still in early asset stages and should have more purple highlights than merely all shades of white
- More variation in flora colors. existing flora could be distributed between these:
- rock groups that are not of the rocks_1/2/3/4 variety
- several square rocks, in order to be used for sticking out of the ground (so they should not be too tall)
- we caution against their use and should put that in the exterior guidelines
- open Soluthis somewhat, if possible: a few holes in the ceiling could do well, and allow for placement of godrays (that should all point in the same direction)
- the Hlan Oek underground tunnel needs to be removed (it has collision and performance problems and the foundations of the Hlaalu buildings stick out of the ceiling), the underground part that is an expansion of the canals can stay, with an added door to the sewer interiors. The tunnel made of bridges should be replaced with the modular tunnel pieces and if necessary lowered below the building foundations.
- TR has used rock arches in tandem with other large rocks, which should be discouraged; while they can be used, they should be used sparingly and not in order to “liven up” a collection of size 2.0 rocks
Redoran Template Meeting
Tenatively scheduled for next Sunday, with a certain flexibility to date and time placement.