Tamriel Rebuilt is a big undertaking. There is a lot to do, but many hands make light work and for that we need your help. If you love Morrowind and its world, if you are interested in the creation of mods or games, or if you just want a creative outlet in a lively online community, consider contributing to our project in some way. All levels of skill (beginners included!) are wanted.
What does Tamriel Rebuilt do?
There are many types of work that go on at Tamriel Rebuilt on a daily basis. Here are some of the more common activities that we can always use an extra hand with:
- Level design: With the help of Morrowind's Construction Set, you build the exteriors and interiors that make up the world. From wilderness regions, ruins, settlements, and cities to caverns, dungeons, houses, and other buildings, these are the places that the player visits in the game.
- Quest development: You create the many quests and questlines for the player to undertake. In this process you create interesting characters, outline a quest design, write dialogue, and bring it to life through implementation and scripting. Another task is to fill the world with people and generic dialogue to start off quest development in an area.
- 3D art: Even though our project builds upon an existing game, we are always in need of new assets to make the rest of Morrowind unique. You have the 3D modeling and texturing skills to provide us with assets of weapons, armor, architecture, furniture, flora, fauna, and more that we need to build our game world.
- Concept art: Morrowind is a place of wonder and you have the imagination and the artistic skills to show us what it should look like. You help us visualize the world and create the designs that 3D artists work from.
- Writing: Morrowind has a vast fictional background and much of it is conveyed through text. You have a way with words and help us expand that world, making it even more captivating and fantastical. This may involve writing books or offering quest designs and dialogue to accelerate the quest development process.
- Administration: Like any large project, just keeping things and people up to date is a significant chunk of work.
These are not the only things we need! For a more thorough and up-to-date listing, check the Tamriel Rebuilt Handbook for more information.
How do I join?
First and foremost, make an account for yourself on our forum, where you'll also need to make a showcase if you'd like to work in the Construction Set and make interiors, exteriors, or quests. Members are also encouraged to join our Discord and attend our weekly development meetings there. Last, be sure to read the Tamriel Rebuilt Modder’s Guide.