2017-01-29 Meeting Summary

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gnomey's picture
Gnomey
Asset DeveloperWriterExterior DeveloperInterior Developer
3 weeks 15 hours ago

Progress on Roth-Roryn

• All of the Menaan interiors are complete or pending review.
  • Obainat yurt interiors have all been put up for claiming.
  • Cave dwellings, tombs, mines and caves (batch interiors) are all still in their design stage. Some still need descriptions, but assuming no further critiques most of them are ready for batching.
  • Exterior work should wait until a Roth-roryn section file is created.

Thieves Guild Plotline

• There are multiple proposals for the Thieves Guild questline, one is for Old Ebonheart, the other for Narsis. There should be further discussion on how to implement it, especially the Skull of Corruption and its influence towards the end of the questline, as well as guild hall placement. Overall the quest designs are good and only need to be put into context.
  • Thieves Guild bases were also discussed, which could be more varied than simply always being taverns. The idea that the Almalexia guild hall would be based in a theatre was mentioned, as well as the Andothren guild either establishing a base in the Dwemer ruin or a sewer hideout.
  • On that note, the sewer hideout had some more discussion; if the Dwemer ruin will be used by the Thieves Guild, the hideout could house another secretive organization, such as the Twin Lamps.

Discussion of the Foul Murder plotline has been shelved for next week.

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Developer EmeritusQuest Developer
1 year 7 months ago

Sorry for not being there this week!

A couple things to add to the progress report:
--A few quest claims have gone up for Roth Roryn, Aanthirin, Necrom, Fire, and Helnim areas. And, er, the Watch-of-Fire typo is still not fixed in the forums, apparently.   
--I’m seeing lots of writers and still not as many with the CS know-how for quests. I would suggest for those interested, to start writing dialogue for the quest claims, so someone can go and just plug these into the framework. May save some work.
--The Aralor Monastery needs an interior claim put up for it in Roth Roryn.
--And Iliath needs it’s exterior home finalized. To wait until Roth Roryn has a section file opened up on it I assume?

Rats's picture
Rats
Developer EmeritusAsset ReviewerWriting ReviewerExterior DeveloperInterior ReviewerQuest Reviewer
1 month 2 weeks ago

I personally would advise against writing dialogue for quests that now one has claimed yet. Writing dialogue is one of the most rewarding bits of making quests, and I feel like we would be severely limiting the quest-maker’s creativity with a set of predetermined dialogue entries. It’s sort of like having all of our interior claims come with complete but empty layouts—empty bookshelves, desks and tables—and have the interior designer just fill it with clutter. I don’t think it would save us much time in the long run.

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Developer EmeritusQuest Developer
1 year 7 months ago

We have at least one quest dev who prefers not to do the writing (English as a second language if I remember right?) but is willing to put the other pieces together. I can’t say for the others.

Rats's picture
Rats
Developer EmeritusAsset ReviewerWriting ReviewerExterior DeveloperInterior ReviewerQuest Reviewer
1 month 2 weeks ago

In that case it’s of course fine.

Atrayonis's picture
Atrayonis
Developer EmeritusInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
1 year 11 months ago

Kevaar

--A few quest claims have gone up for Roth Roryn, Aanthirin, Necrom, Fire, and Helnim areas. And, er, the Watch-of-Fire typo is still not fixed in the forums, apparently.   

It’s fixed on the dev site, and it will take an hour or so of getting it working on the main site, so I haven’t done it yet. It’s indended to be done this week, though.