Link to the old thread:
And attached, my first quest showcase mod: Rathra Likes Bugs. This mod is FINISHED and READY FOR REVIEW. As earlier discussed, this isn't really suited for merging with TR, but is an example of my skills and writing.
Below, copy-pasta'ed readme. Changelogs can be found in the old thread.
A few things of note while playing through this quest, in no particular order:
--Before the quest starts, all three Rathras appear in Rathra's Chambers. I'm not going to worry about this for a showcase, but it is pretty funny looking.
--Once the quest starts, the TR version of Rathra disappears and never respawns. So be extra careful with your save games while testing this quest if you don't want to lose access to TR Rathra and her associated quests!
--All showcase Rathras are level 1. If this were a real quest, this imbalance would be corrected, but I'm not going to worry about it for a showcase.
--When the Rathras start attacking each other, they have had their health dialed up to 999. This is a quick and dirty fix so they don't kill each other before the player has a chance to react. Killing them at this point is still possible and will progress the quest properly; it might just take a while.
--After casting the Calm spell, you will have to speak to the Calmed Rathra QUICKLY or the other will hit her with a fireball and start the fight all over again. Wizard spats, lol...whatcha gonna do? (Talking to either will calm them both down, fortunately.)
Bare Bones Walkthrough
1) To begin the quest, talk to Hadran Brelilos in his room at the Magic Mudcrab. Latest rumors can give you a breadcrumb to get to him, but with all the other rumors in the Tel Ouada area, it can take a few tries to find it.
2) Fly over the mountains to Soludanni Egg Mine. Talk to Mistress Rathra there.
3) Go back to Tel Ouada and talk to Hadran. The fastest way back is to cast Divine Intervention while in the eggmine, then take the boat to Tel Ouada.
4) Talk to Jeky Trilbright, a Redguard in the Magic Mudcrab, about hoarvors. You can also talk to any savant in the game about hoarvors for the update.
5) Talk to Hadran again. Once you get the egg, return to the mine.
6) Talk to Mistress Rathra. Deal with the consequences of your actions. Either Mistress Rathra in the mine or Hadran Brelilos can give you hints of where to go next.
7) Return to Tel Ouada and head up to Mistress Rathra's chambers. Talk to your choice of the Rathras.
8) Either help kill one of the Rathras (long), or cast a Calm spell on one and talk to her again. Decide which one you're going to help, then kill the other.
9) Fetch your reward from the last living Rathra. And you're all done!