Nats482's interior showcase

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous

I was asked to make a thread for this, so here it is, my showcase interior claim:

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/claims/shipal-shin-8-house-1#comment-22235

Jackimoff Wackimoff's picture
Jackimoff Wackimoff
ModeratorSenior DeveloperWriting ReviewerInterior ReviewerQuest Reviewer
1 day 21 hours ago

I'm not sure what the section with the bed surrounded by furniture is, I'm not sure what the concept for this int is intended to be. It seems quite unconventional compared to the description. Could you clarify what the intention was for this interior?

ₒₕ, bₒₒ𝒹?

Anonymous's picture
Nats482

The concept was that the interior would be a storage house for the tanna farmers living next door, and as such it is filled with old furniture, tools, and it's also the sleeping place for their slave. I added that furniture section to diversify the interior layout from a straightforward storage layout.

Jackimoff Wackimoff's picture
Jackimoff Wackimoff
ModeratorSenior DeveloperWriting ReviewerInterior ReviewerQuest Reviewer
1 day 21 hours ago

Right, looking at it it looks more like the bed is barricaded for some reason so it's a bit unclear. IMO it's not quite a match for the description so the best option would be to replace that area. Tanna farmers are unlikely to have a lot of spare furniture. Straightforward storage would be preferable.
I really like the section by the bedroll, nice use of assets. Make it all like that please.

ₒₕ, bₒₒ𝒹?

Anonymous's picture
Nats482

Alright, big thanks for feedback. I'll get to apply fixes soon™.

Anonymous's picture
Nats482

Uploading my new interior showcase, made since I couldn't finish the old one. 

The name of the cell is "TR_Natsshowcase", and the shell is "ex_hlaalu_b_22".

AttachmentSizeDate
Binary Data Clean TR_NatsShowcase.ESP4.13 KB2022-08-21 21:59
Taniquetil's picture
Taniquetil
Senior DeveloperAsset DeveloperWriterInterior ReviewerQuest Developer
14 hours 38 min ago

Taking this over from Jacks by request.

Some comments:

• Make sure to use some more T_D items
  • A two-story house of this size should have many more refs -- 49 is not really enough to convey much character or detail.
  • Rotating objects on de_p is a hassle, but it's required for the showcase. Please make sure to seat items on visible points of contact.
  • Furniture should generally not sit half on-off rugs, where possible.
  • You have a lot of bleeders and floaters in this cell. Make sure to use the F key to drop items to the surface below them, and to look for the dotted green-and-red line to indicate something is sitting flush.
  • Try not to use so many different carpets and tapestries in a single cell. Generally people like their decorations to match
  • You might want to reverse the direction of the stairway, so that visitors through the front door aren't immediately running into your bed

Overall a good start here. Make sure to ask on discord if you have questions or just want feedback as you work on this.

Anonymous's picture
Nats482

Applied the feedback to the showcase, should be better now.

AttachmentSizeDate
Binary Data Clean TR_NatsShowcase.ESP5.23 KB2022-09-09 23:26
Taniquetil's picture
Taniquetil
Senior DeveloperAsset DeveloperWriterInterior ReviewerQuest Developer
14 hours 38 min ago

Hey Nats, thanks for uploading a new version

This int still looks a little sparse, and there are still quite a few issues with floaters and bleeders on the bookshelf. I would recommend shooting for 150-250 refs for an int like this; it'll let you put a lot more character into the scene than the 66 you have. I would also encourage you to look at ints in Ud Hleryn and Narsis to get a sense of what kind of clutter can fill out Hlaalu ints of this kind.

Another small item I missed before: please use one color candle consistently in an int like this

Finally, I still would recommend swapping the floor plan so that you don't enter directly into the bedroom.

Anonymous's picture
Nats482

Alright, applied all notes from the feedback, and also cluttered the whole building from top to bottom. Sadly, the ref count, like TV, adds ten pounds, so while I initially thought I had 170 refs, it turned out to be just 110. :( Hopefully that's not that big of an issue as it was earlier, where my int had around 40/50 refs.

Also, as people say, the third time's the charm. 🤞

AttachmentSizeDate
Binary Data Clean TR_NatsShowcase1.ESP8.9 KB2022-09-18 18:45
Vern's picture
Vern
Senior DeveloperInterior Reviewer
15 hours 1 min ago

I dont like commenting when someone else is managing a showcase, but a few points stick out to me looking at this.

When Tani said "use one color candle consistently" they didn't mean use blue, thats reserved for mages, alchemists and nobles, this is not a home of any of those things, use the standard light color. Speaking of lighting your settings are wrong as well, check some of the most recently merged interiors or other showcases for those.

Something I'll observe on that was missed, you have improperly constructed the shell and are using posts to cover over, use the correct pieces to configure the shell. If you cant find those pieces, ask on discord, but look first. In a shell this small there should be no posts, columns, ect required to cover gaps.

As to base clutter, you need more bottles, plates, bowels and assorted shelf filler. I would also note there are a lot more com, than de objects in what is ostensibly a hlaalu building, that needs be corrected.

"Nomen album delenda est" - a great man

"Forum sigantures suck" - the same great man

Anonymous's picture
Nats482

Done yet again, there shouldn't be any more issues, I think. :/

AttachmentSizeDate
Binary Data Clean TR_NatsShowcase1.ESP9.95 KB2022-11-12 17:25