Online Meetings - Agenda Proposals and more!

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Atrayonis's picture
Atrayonis
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior Developer
Joined:
2015-09-28 20:13
Last seen:
6 hours 17 min ago

Tamriel Rebuilt holds weekly to biweekly meetings on Sundays at 18:00 UTC (17:00 UTC during European Summer Time).

Generally, we use Discord for this, in the #public-meetings-sunday channel. These meetings are not hidden or for developers only - anyone is welcome to come in and talk or lurk.

Summaries are made available here. The latest meeting will have a thread in this forum open for comments. Older meeting threads are available for reading in the archive.

In this thread, you should post general questions about the meetings or proposals for the next meeting's agenda.

-MrWillis-'s picture
-MrWillis-
Joined:
2016-08-05 10:38
Last seen:
1 year 6 months ago

To build upon the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) discussion, which questlines should be finished or integrated in OE and Almas Thirr.

Please send coffee and energy drinks to fuel my writing addiction.

Thank you in advance, sera!

fufulames's picture
fufulames
Joined:
2016-10-23 22:58
Last seen:
1 year 12 months ago

My suggestion would be to include all existing content in release. Merge all created dialogue, quests, interiors. I think “MVP” for next release should be all OE interior and exterior, NPC, dialogue and quest lines for guilds/ factions and 5 misc quest. That would be a satisfactory OE release.  

Surrounding towns should have all npc,  OE quest related dialogue, and OE quest related interiors, at minimum. Such a basic level of functionality would allow any OE quest lines involving outside areas to be completed. Preferably all generic dialogue and  interiors for surrounding towns would be completed as well but it is not functionally necessary.

i think it is important to merge all existing content into every public release. Everything should be reviewed and merged. It will keep leads motivated to  clearbacklog of completed work and allow developers to appreciate their work in game. Merging content in a consistent and timely and orderly manner will also allow players to play test and attract more developers by showing the public tamriel rebuilt is productive and releasing content often. People realize this isn’t and may never be complete.  Just keep adding game changing content as it becomes available and focus on what matters in game. Most important is that the unfinished areas continue to be NPCd and quested. Focus on that and anything blocking that from happening. 

Just keep it going, One town at a time.

Atrayonis's picture
Atrayonis
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior Developer
Joined:
2015-09-28 20:13
Last seen:
6 hours 17 min ago

These were added to this week's agenda, although the discussion didn't turn out quite the way I thought it would.

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Lead DeveloperDeveloperQuest DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2016-01-19 19:35
Last seen:
1 week 6 days ago

Not urgent, but:
Given our issues with Old Ebonheart and quests crossing section files, I'd like us to re-evaluate the section file boundaries for Andothren, as I foresee the same difficulties of it being a major quest hub and being right on the border of Roth Roryn, and how to handle any breadcrumbs or questlines going down into that region.

Jani's picture
Jani
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2017-10-08 01:57
Last seen:
6 hours 4 min ago

Agenda proposal for 2018-01-07:
New TR-specific generic dialogue topics aren't always available.
How should be go about introducing these to players?

Jani's picture
Jani
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2017-10-08 01:57
Last seen:
6 hours 4 min ago

Agenda proposal for 2018-01-14:

A future revision to the meeting structure: We will hold an open discussion once per month (if it doesn't get cancelled), and directed meetings on all other Sundays (that don't get cancelled). The free meeting should be held at the end of each month, starting January.
-https://www.tamrielrebuilt.org/content/2017-11-26-meeting-summary

Do we want to hold an open meeting on 2018-01-28, this close to a planned release date? If so, should we promote it? Is there anything we want to discuss in a more open-ended manner?

Jani's picture
Jani
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2017-10-08 01:57
Last seen:
6 hours 4 min ago

It looks like Almsivi Intervention teleports the player from Indoril-Thirr to the Othrensis Temple. I propose that we add a templemarker to Vhul, or remove the existing one from Othrensis. With the eventual release of Almas Thirr, the problem should be resolved.

MinerMan60101's picture
MinerMan60101
Senior DeveloperDeveloperExterior DeveloperInterior DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2016-10-09 23:10
Last seen:
23 hours 3 min ago

If you have TR_Preview loaded, you should go to Almas Thirr anyway, and if you don't then you shouldn't even have Othrensis loaded in the first place.

Texafornian's picture
Texafornian
DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2016-09-15 23:12
Last seen:
3 months 3 weeks ago

I'd like to propose another topic to discuss: The interaction of Tamriel_Data/TR and TES3MP's envisioned mod sync system (P2P distribution a la Garry's Mod/Half-Life).

Meriyal's picture
Meriyal
DeveloperExterior Developer
Joined:
2017-09-25 17:29
Last seen:
13 hours 23 min ago

Agenda proposal for 11-02-2018 meeting: Reorganizing the needed Dres assets list.

Jani's picture
Jani
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2017-10-08 01:57
Last seen:
6 hours 4 min ago

SHOTN workflow for TR exterior development:

 

Discord summary by Scamp

Some people over at PT have suggested that I share the SHotN exterior workflow and collect some feedback. It's not very precisely defined, I might add, and there's naturally no obligation to adopt it. What we've been testing with a few exterior claims has yielded excellent results so far. The basic idea is this: Modders working on neighbouring claims exchange a row or column of cells that belongs to either of the claims and borders the respective other claim. For example, Minerman gives the easternmost column of cells of his claim to Nemon (i.e. cuts them out of his file and sends them), who is working on the claim to the east of Minerman's. Nemon incorporates the cell column into his file as if it belonged to his claim. He details the eastern parts of each cell belonging to that column in a way that they are considered finished together with the bordering cells that are fully in Nemon's claim. Then he sends back the column of cells to Minerman. Minerman details the rest of the cells along with his own claim, however NOT TOUCHING the border areas that Nemon has worked on. The result is a perfect, seamless transition between claims with no visible discrepancies. In case the neighbouring claim is unclaimed or doesn't exist, this process takes place regardless, claimants detail their claims beyond the official borders. When done with the claim, the additional cells are cut out and uploaded in the respective claim thread (yet to be claimed).

Nav Andaram exterior claim: Should we open it with the two cells of the future stronghold left blank?

Mortimer's picture
Mortimer
Senior DeveloperDeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2016-06-10 21:48
Last seen:
1 day 1 hour ago

left blank hopefully means "placeholder terrain that can be cut out as needed"

Jani's picture
Jani
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2017-10-08 01:57
Last seen:
6 hours 4 min ago

Agenda proposal: Go over the Curia & Palace dialogue spreadsheet to see what still needs to be done.

anathemastudio's picture
anathemastudio
Joined:
2018-07-03 06:23
Last seen:
1 year 5 months ago

Hey guys,
I'm new and want to come to the meeting this Sunday.
Is it still at 17:00 UTC?
Please let me know, I'm in Eastern Daylight Time, so I need to figure out when to be there. cheeky

The Violet Euphemism's picture
The Violet Euphemism
DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2017-10-30 13:01
Last seen:
2 days 3 hours ago

Unfortunately meetings are held off until the release comes out. 

Rawr.

Jani's picture
Jani
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2017-10-08 01:57
Last seen:
6 hours 4 min ago

Proposed post-release meeting agenda:

Exteriors: Preparation for TRV exterior claim planning, Status report on Hlaalu-Thirr and Indoril-Thirr.

Interiors: Checking Hlaalu-Thirr and Indoril-Thirr for missing interiors. Opening up new claims in Roth-Roryn.

Quests: Post-OE self-reflection. The good and bad. Venting session.

Project: Cutting Andothren out. How to make the most out of the (hopefully) increased interest in the project ( = how to get people to join us).

Atrayonis's picture
Atrayonis
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior Developer
Joined:
2015-09-28 20:13
Last seen:
6 hours 17 min ago

Edited Proposals (why would you want even more claims in Roth-Roryn though?):

August 5th:

  • Post-release meeting, should be a free-form meet-the devs, drop your feedback kinda meeting, etc. We can have that date on our release announcement, etc.
  • Post OE self-reflection, venting session
  • Essentially a breather for everyone

August 12th:

  • Region Template Meeting: Thirr Valley
  • Reports on Hlaalu-Thirr and Indoril-Thirr (status of the exteriors, missing/unfinished/unlinked interiors), hashing out the to-dos and the medium-term plans
  • Cutting out Andothren and reassigning cells to the new sections
  • Hashing out mainland edits:
    • Placement and implementation of Idaverrano (in the Inner Sea)
    • what exactly replaces the Ruinous Keep
    • Veloth's Route - widen it now?
    • Stairs to the Necrom watchtower
  • The in-design Roth Roryn interiors need a description so they can be opened for claiming
Gnomey's picture
Gnomey
Lead DeveloperDeveloperExterior DeveloperInterior Developer
Joined:
2015-08-10 20:50
Last seen:
11 hours 13 min ago

In the August 5th meeting I'd also like to discuss the Orluhk a bit, in terms of concrete implementation (their powers, interior changes and the like).

Arvisrend's picture
Arvisrend
Developer EmeritusSenior DeveloperDeveloperQuest DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2014-01-02 23:57
Last seen:
13 min 56 sec ago

I'd love to brainstorm

the Andothren MG and also the general MG plans, particularly if someone with a good general idea of afterlife-, dreamsleeve- and soultrap-related lore is around;

* early quests and starting zones (Teyn, Ancylis, Andothren, Almas Thirr, and whatever comes next);

* the Houses Hlaalu and Redoran and what we know about them and their interaction;

* the "characters" of towns like Andothren and Kartur;

* how are daedra actually being worshipped?;

* how the Indoril-Hlaalu conflict should manifest at the onset of the game (i.e., before the player has had a chance to meddle in it).

Basically, anything that's relevant to questing Heartland. I'd also love a heads-up about the status of Roth Roryn, though I suspect I can just as well ask Nemon :)

Arvisrend's picture
Arvisrend
Developer EmeritusSenior DeveloperDeveloperQuest DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2014-01-02 23:57
Last seen:
13 min 56 sec ago

This week I'd like to push the following agenda forward:

* Can the two complete quest designs at https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/forum/indoril-thirr-quest-brainstorming be greenlit?

* What about the other quests suggested there?

* Will the consequences of the Thirr conflict be mostly restricted to Almas Thirr? I'm talking about consequences that matter for questing -- e.g., NPCs getting killed or expelled from their homes.

* (Repeating from last post, since it still matters:) How the Indoril-Hlaalu conflict should manifest at the onset of the game (i.e., before the player has had a chance to meddle in it).

* Is Teyn -> Ancylis -> Andothren -> Almas Thirr -> Vhul -> OE a reasonable guess for eastbound game progression? Does that mean we should spread tutorial-bearing quests along that line?

Atrayonis's picture
Atrayonis
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior Developer
Joined:
2015-09-28 20:13
Last seen:
6 hours 17 min ago

We don't really have time to discuss all of this, we're not even done with the other items on the list (duplicating agenda points which are still on the list is not helpful either, by the way).

And if we are going to tackle the Thirr Valley region plan, we need at least two weeks to do so, with no interruptions.

Meriyal's picture
Meriyal
DeveloperExterior Developer
Joined:
2017-09-25 17:29
Last seen:
13 hours 23 min ago

While we are on cooling down phase after the release, we also should focus on cleaning and organizing the site's backlog. There are almost 4 pages of assets in the asset browser that's pending for review. Someone (other than Atrayonis) should review these assets. I think we should discuss who'd like to volunteer for the job tomorrow.

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Lead DeveloperDeveloperQuest DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2016-01-19 19:35
Last seen:
1 week 6 days ago

For a future meeting, not to detract from Thirr River progress:

Kemel-Ze and what it still needs to push it out the door in a satisfying manner.

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Lead DeveloperDeveloperQuest DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2016-01-19 19:35
Last seen:
1 week 6 days ago

After we get done with the Thirr region template meetings, I propose taking a look at the Dres set concept art and finalizing these so the modelers  we have can start. 

Kevaar's picture
Kevaar
Lead DeveloperDeveloperQuest DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2016-01-19 19:35
Last seen:
1 week 6 days ago

For a meeting topic: how do folks feel about me (or any of our PR devs) taking work that is currently only in concept art or literature asset form and sharing it on our social media platforms?

While often this is a clause when submitting your work to official sources--that they get the "rights" of it and may use it however they may--I feel this is a bit bold of us to do without asking permission or at least being very clear about how we might use submissions. At the same time, we often have devs come in, dump their half-finished work, and then vanish, and so pinning them down long enough to ask if we can reshare something is very difficult.

Finally, does TR have its own offical reddit handle? I've been shoving our indoctrination out to teslore and hell take the consequences of the canon screamers, but it has always been my own work. I am not sure if folks would be comfortable with either their own work being submitted to such, or us using our official handle and if it might net us more controversy than is worth it.

Gnomey's picture
Gnomey
Lead DeveloperDeveloperExterior DeveloperInterior Developer
Joined:
2015-08-10 20:50
Last seen:
11 hours 13 min ago

Two issues I think need to be discussed this meeting: release borders (what with the cell shuffling in the ATRRAA mountains) and exterior reworks.

Arvisrend's picture
Arvisrend
Developer EmeritusSenior DeveloperDeveloperQuest DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2014-01-02 23:57
Last seen:
13 min 56 sec ago

What non-settlement parts of Spring Release still need NPCing (critters, cave dwellers, hermits). I have the Hlaalu-Thirr exts on my radar (and plan to do it when the section isn't in high demand), but apart from that I don't know: are we done with Indoril-Thirr? What about Hlaalu-Thirr ints?

Vern's picture
Vern
DeveloperInterior DeveloperReviewer
Joined:
2018-08-13 09:52
Last seen:
15 hours 32 min ago

Hey just putting this here so I dont forget again, Rubberman has said he is ready to finish the Dres set and is just waiting for a final call on concepts, given how everyone seems to like the current concepts for the cantons that should just need a meeting to verify before sending them too him.

"Forum sigantures suck"

Atrayonis's picture
Atrayonis
Lead DeveloperDeveloperInterior Developer
Joined:
2015-09-28 20:13
Last seen:
6 hours 17 min ago

That has come up before and was discussed internally, actually. I'll add it to the agenda (only good if Gnomey shows up) as it seems to me that he's asking for the things he already has.

Texafornian's picture
Texafornian
DeveloperQuest Developer
Joined:
2016-09-15 23:12
Last seen:
3 months 3 weeks ago

Proposed topic for 8/18/19 meeting:

 

SHOTN has cut up the vorndgad_birds.wav and vorndgad_birds2.wav files into 11 smaller clips for randomization (and to stop the clips from playing after entering interiors). The script that plays the old .wavs is named "T_ScSound_Birds".  The activator with that script is "T_Glb_Sound_Birdsinging_01". These wavs are only played in SHOTN.  Should they be changed from global sounds to T_Sky-specific?  If not, should the modified script be renamed to "T_ScSound_Birds_01" to open the door for future sets of sounds?

Pages