EDIT: The plugin should be clean. I did, however, edit a few things in Bodrem Hall, because I noticed some clipping with the plates. That's literally it. That may be out of line, and if so, the entry can safely be deleted in TESAME.
This is my showcase for the quest "The Proud Redoran." Currently, it is an unclaimed quest in the Claims Browser (link: https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/claims/proud-redoran). I notified some of you I would be doing a showcase of it on Discord.
I have used existing NPCs for this quest. "Brelora Tharen" is instead Seryn Lloth, who works in the Bodrem Hall, and is a friend to Treram Varalaryn, who takes the place of Orvyn Tharen. I have added the NPC Eleanor as outlined, with the exception that she currently stands outside Treram Varalaryn's house in Bodrem (instead of in Andothren), as it was suggested to me to do so until Andothren was more fleshed out.
I have implemented all (but one, which I'll get to in a moment) of the possible endings/branches, with some slight tweaks:
- Seryn Lloth does not know about Eleanor. You have to obtain that information from Treram Varalaryn either via a disposition check or through getting him drunk of matze. Once the player learns about Eleanor, they can go speak to Seryn, who will offer them 10 gold to cover the expenses to get to Andothren.
- Offering to pay the debt for Treram Varalaryn (when speaking to Treram Varalaryn) does not auto fail the quest for you. I felt as though most players would try this option, and the penalty felt disproporitionate. Instead, Treram will get angry at the player, and the player will suffer a huge disposition loss.
- The player can take on the debt in full (750 septims), take on the debt partially (250 septims, changed from the 225), or reduce the remaining debt from 250 to 100 and either pay the 100 or inform Treram. All are viable options for quest completion, although simply reducing the debt will result in a lesser reward. Mercantile/disposition checks are in place for these options.
- The debt can be waived entirely through a strength/disposition check. This results in the same quest result as paying off the debt.
- Eleanor can be killed to finish the quest for a substantially reduced reward.
- Killing Seryn has no impact on the quest (other than you not being able to complete it), as I couldn't find a logical way to have Treram know his friend was killed. Killing Treram and informing Seryn will net you a bounty.
This brings me to the one option I have not implemented, which involves the chest. I have replaced the chest in Treram's house with a chest that has a custom ID and the 500 gold he's saved up to pay off the debt (it also comes with a 65 lock and a key), but I am not skilled in scripting at all; I can work with templements, and that's about it. So right now, this feature is not implemented.
Valarayn House Amulet
preoccupied (to start the quest. I considered adding rumors to help with this, but I did not know if I was allowed; still, for my part, I think it would be helpful in directing the player to Seryn Lloth, as she's kind of out of the way. I could do this quickly if necessary).