i2-195-Tel

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i2-195-Tel

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i2-195-Tel (#449)
Faction: Telvanni
Parent claim: TR_2-32-Tel (#95)
Claimed by: Stalker
Files: TR_i2-195-Tel_Haplo_2.esp; TR_i2-195-Tel_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

The ruins of Kemel-Ze
Attachments
Kemel-Ze_38.rar
(179.29 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Last edited by Thrignar Fraxix on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:36 am, edited 31 times in total.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

We will try to detail the ruins of Kemel-Ze to make it look more interesting for the player to walk through. Most important, the site is a frequently looted ruin, so it won't have tons of items lying around. But heavy machinery, pipes, empty containers and more interesting layouts will help a lot in making the ruins look more alive.

Try to use common sense and make it look looted, but still interesting. Remembers that the city was also damaged by a huge lava flow from red mountain, so you can use 'in_lava_' rocks and boulders inside to reflects this.

USE THIS MAP:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=11019

Claimed by Ludovic:
Kemel-Ze, Hall of Lzigat (WIP posted on page 6, MUST USE IT, ask for help on the scripting part if you don't understand it please!)
Kemel-Ze, 4 (2x3 apartment(remember x and y coordinates and which comes first please))
Kemel-Ze, 5 (2x3 apartment(remember x and y coordinates and which comes first please))

Any questions can be asked in this thread or on IRC, MSN, AIM, etc. If you run into difficulties, lore issues, or anything else out of the ordinary, please consult me!

Additionally, the lighting settings might still be a bit off in some cells. If it really looks odd, like florescent fog or something, please use the following values, which are basic Dwemer ruin values:
Ambient
R 10
G 10
B 10

Fog
R 40
G 30
B 10
Density 1.00

Sunlight
R 30
G 20
B 10

Please post a regular status update in here as well so I can keep track of the progress of the whole team.

- Haplo
Last edited by Vegor on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Not much to say except that I finally managed to separate my cells from others and that the place looks really empty. Are we allowed to add some scripts and monsters there ?
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

No monsters. Actually there are a lot of dead ones scattered around which I see no objection to. But still it's just the interior so monsters and NPCs will be added later.

You can add some scripts but try to keep them simple and post them in here so we can check them.
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

God damn. how many layers are there?
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Colostriph

Post by Colostriph »

You mean interiors? I do believe 70. And these aren`t little ones. These are huge interiors.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

hmmm, with scripts, I like to see it where scripts are used with quest specifics... I mean, we place the stuff, and then people forget all about it, and dont even use them for a quest ya know? But if you just have to make a trap door, go for it :P
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Take it higher. Not just a trap door but a steam-driven vault door. Dunno if I'll find a place where it'll fit though :)

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

cool. as for myself, i'f TESAMED the file, removed all teleposts, and fixed the lightand fog values.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Avarr

Post by Avarr »

Lady Nerevar, how did you do that? :) That would be a good start for me :D
Interiors Completed: 1
------------------------
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

I've found out that if you just use the 'Details' option at 'File'->'Data Files' and delete all cells you aren't using, the teleports are deleted automatically. I don't know if they are automatically deleted when you use TESAME but I think they are.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

I've just deleted cells and PSG (or something like this) references which are not mine.

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Probably PGRD (Pathgrids). Yes it's best if you delete those as well, although if people don't change them they'll probably only leave duplicate refs.

No wait, on second thought, it's important that all pathgrids of other cells are deleted as well. Because the cells' layouts will be changed which will require new pathgrids for each cell as well. Therefor it will lead to conflicting grids if you leave the other ones in it. Just clean all Cells and Pathgrids that aren't yours to detail.
Last edited by Vegor on Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lac
Developer

Post by lac »

here are two pics from Ish Cnfgfngthz. think its finished. the other ints are bigger problems.
Attachments
TES Construction Set 2005-01-21 00-22-26-61.jpg
(53.17 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
TES Construction Set 2005-01-21 00-23-41-93.jpg
(51.84 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
current claims:

finished claims:
i2-423-Tri
--
"Would you choose supremacy
If it led to isolation?
Could you handle the solitude?
Would you still prefer the throne?"
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

It's looking good. Rather dense but that's a whole lot better than the emptiness before. Watch out with tipped over furniture though, the legs are usually see through on the bottom side. Make sure it isn't in sight.

Another notice: Some of his cells are actually quite well detailed and original. If you run into these you can be done with a few finishing touches. The judgement is completely up to you though.

Keep it up!
lac
Developer

Post by lac »

yes, i know it and i've made sure they're not visible (already tested in the game)
current claims:

finished claims:
i2-423-Tri
--
"Would you choose supremacy
If it led to isolation?
Could you handle the solitude?
Would you still prefer the throne?"
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

I forgot to mention this, but please keep all (should-be) teleporting doors in roughly the same position. The place is a maze and would become even more so if the doors were shifted and the teleports wouldn't make any sense any more. So please try to keep those at the same position. Moving them around a bit won't be any problem, but just not too much.
The Filth Dealer

Re: Kemel-Ze Detailing Team

Post by The Filth Dealer »

Vegor wrote:Pfchgz Mngtk
This word does not contain any vowels. seriously, who named these? the dwemer names on VF were at least pronouncable.

anyway, im getting started now. i'll post progress.
I dont wish I was perfect, I only wish everyone would lower their standards of perfection to my level.
-Me
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Yes, I was thinking someone who has some knowledge of Dwemer language could take a look at the names and change them if necessary. Although little is actually known about the language, a lot of ruin names (and some other names and words) are known, these can be used to form new names. Stalker would you be able to do this?
Avarr

Post by Avarr »

Lady Nerevar wrote:cool. as for myself, i'f TESAMED the file, removed all teleposts, and fixed the lightand fog values.
Just curious, how do i remove all of the door teleports? Does TESAME do it for me or is it done manually? Oh, and is there a shortcut for setting the light and fog values or is it once again done manually? Thanks :)
Interiors Completed: 1
------------------------
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

I always use the Details function in 'File->Datafiles' in the TESCS. If you delete the cells from there all the teleports are deleted automatically. I think the same goes for TESAME, but I am not really sure. If both won't work for you, you'll have to select the doors manually and uncheck the box 'Teleport' on the right.

As for lighting settings, you'll have to set these manually for each interior cell. However, of these 9 cells I don't think setting lighting values will be the most work :D .
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Hi,

Here is a screenshot from one of my interiors. Is this enough detail, or are we looking for more?

Also, what lore issues are there? As the ruins have been heavily explored, are we allowed to put things in that explorers may have left?
Attachments
Kemel-Ze (Fzchnrzg).JPG
(106.03 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Two issues:
1) use lava rocks instead of mold rocks
2) there's a piece of Mournhold-styled ruin there (the rock shard). Not to be there.

presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Um, the rocks are lava rocks. At least they all have IDs in_lava_rock_03, just with different numbers.

And the rubble is gone.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Than it's my texture replacer than. Because original Beth lava rocks doesn't look like lava at all.

presh
Developer

Post by presh »

You're right, they look nothing like lava.

Is the level of detail OK though?
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Yes the detail level is ok like this, not very filled with stuff yet a lot of unlootable stuff still remaining. As Stalker said, he used a lot of doorjambs but didn't put any doors in them. You can use the real doors, but you can also use the static doors lying on the ground near the doorjamb to make it look ruined. It adds some variation.
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Hey,

Some of the cells I have been given use the Mournhold Dwemer style. Is it OK to use these, or should I replace them?
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Progress report:
Cells left to be detailed:
Kemel-Ze, Pzifk
Kemel-Ze, Rndfzch
Kemel-Ze, South Lawn

3 cells and I'm done.

EDIT: No. Rndfzch don't need detailing right know. I have an idea. As you can see it's a some sort of maze. I suggest putting a few monsters there and a few skeletons of adventurers. But if Vegor will say than it needs more clutter - I'll do it.
EDIT No.2: I just though a little bit more and decided to scrap current layout and reowrk it. I doubt Dwemer would have built a maze to get lost in their own ruins.
EDIT No.3: I have a genial idea. Can I use weather machine interior for it ? It'll be changed plus it won't be a weather machine. Of course if we don't want another weather machine which could be interesting too.

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

I'd rather see the weather machine being unique to the Dwemer ruin in Mournhold. As there's little we know about it, it could just as well been the only one. Of course, if you use it partially and make sure it isn't really recognisable, it's ok. But not another complete weather machine.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Progress report on an interior previously known as Rndfzch, now just Powerplant. Here are some screenshots. Everything will be active. Mixers rotating, half-spehere moving...
Never trust an interior in the hand of mad scripter :)
BTW this will take a while to script so if anybody willing to take other interiors to detail - feel free to ask. If no - excpect more crazy things from me :)

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

WOW! very nice. im in the stage of fixing the labyrinths in some of my ints by comnecting some of the halls and making some more rooms.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

No new meshes BTW. This half-sphere, if anybody's intered, is located under Telvanni exterior objects (something like ex_t_doorsphere)

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

To answer your earlier question, Presh: Yes, the Tribunal Dwemer style is ok. But preferably no Clockwork city objects or at most a few which are used so it isn't obvious.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Vegor wrote:To answer your earlier question, Presh: Yes, the Tribunal Dwemer style is ok. But preferably no Clockwork city objects or at most a few which are used so it isn't obvious.
Not preferably Veg but not at all. Dwemer and Clockwork city have nothing in common.
BTW I'm almost finished with scripts.

presh
Developer

Post by presh »

OK, here are screenshots of two more cells I have detailed.

The other two are a lot bigger and more complex, so will take a little longer.
Attachments
Kemel-Ze (Zenol).JPG
(102.81 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Kemel Ze (Gnon).JPG
(121 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Nice work presh.

And some news from me. I've finished mixer scripts. You can freely activate\deactivate them. There are a few things I need to polish but mainly it's finished. Now I'm working on half-spehere script.

BTW I have a sound for all that movement. But I need it to be edited a little ? Any sound editors around ?

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Yes, yes, yes ! I'm finished with scripts. Everything works like intended to except for one issue. But it's really minor.

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Great! The two of you are making some great stuff here. I'm sure the ruin will be 1000 times more interesting once this team is done with it. Keep it up!
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

One thing I abosolutly hate about hsi interiors (original creator's) is the mis of styles. Original MW Dwemeri lamps in Mournhold interiors etc. Columns, statues and barrels in corridors covered with lava. Tell me who put them there ? A statue in the middle of corridor which was than flooded with lava. How ? How it's standing straing ? And what the heck a column is doing in the middle of possible corridor ?