Argon Jungle: Claim 6-22

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

KICKASS!
I can't wait to see what it's like with undergrowth and mist.
Also, I will try to send you the non-OOTified-yet meshes for the undergrowth plants tomorrow.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Cool, thanks Sirwoot.

@Haplo: The framerate at the moment is only a framerate or two less than balmora, but it will be worse of course when I add in the aforementioned undergrowth.
Dres

Post by Dres »

Hey really great work but i got a sugestion why not put dark light under the trees and download the vines from lady E i think and but that there is most of the time fog in this regionS?it would make more junglefull!
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

yes, there is plenty of fog; to do this we're coverign the entire ground with 2X scale Furn_Mist_512 models. The framerate will sputter, yes; but from what I have seen the jungle only looks better with a lower view distance.
Oh, and here are the other undergrowth models. Their CS IDs are listed in a notepad file I stuck in the F folder.
Attachments
Data Files.rar
(237.9 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Wooty ... are these in OoT?
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Not yet, though they should be.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Before its done, the edges of the TR_flora_AJ_F03 leaf textures need darkening. And the whole plant could use a bit deeper coloring.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Hmmm... yeah about that fog...

All I have is the underbrush and the framerate is barely acceptable...

So...

Any ideas?

Edit: err... it appears my computer was just having an attack of retardedness, so, nevermind.
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

saved, to my comp, I'll take a look at them today
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

I've been slowly but steadily adding undergrowth.

Here be screenshots:
Attachments
TR_6-22c.JPG
(99.09 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
TR_6-22b.JPG
(93.3 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

I can see Zalzidrax that you used some plants I retextured for my 4-13 claim ... great. You didn't use the thorny ones though ... ( as can be seen one one of my wallpapers [url=http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/viewtopic.php?t=4309&highlight=wallpaper]here[/url] ) Is that you didn't find them, or did you just feel they wouldn't fit ( and I'm fine with that ... :) ) ?

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

:shock: wow, that's looking really great. i cant wait to actually play there :D
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Great work. I love it. :) It'll look even better when all the smaller detail statics are in too.. containers, ferns, ect... And congrats to majra.. the improved textures on your trees look great.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

I did use the thorny ones, just not as often as the non-thorny types. Since the argon jungle has to be so dense, I'm trying to keep the number of polygons as low as possible. And since two thorny vines have as many as an entire shrub, I'm not using those for main ground cover, but for added decoration in places.

Anyway, I hope I'll manage to get everything finished here by the end of the month.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

actually, the thing to do with the thorny ones is completely surround one shrub with them, in a sort of spread-out way. this will cover way more ground, and though it will make framerates have an aneurysm; I hope to find someone with 3DSMAX skills to slice their polycount dramatically (which should be easy).
Oh, and with the big bushy-tree-ferns, use them almost as much as you would use the other argon trees - about every 10 feet, though if you havent added them yet i'll just shut up. :P
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Err, there might be a small problem with the meshes here. I'm afraid someone renamed the meshes I retextured and used in claim 4-13 ... That is, we have 12 meshes that are twice used under two different names : TR_flora_AJroot_0X.nif and TR_flora_bitterroot_0X.nif are exactly de same meshes, for example. The first ones are in the 'Data Files.zip' sirwoot attached a few posts up, and the other ones are in a pack I just posted [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=9858]here[/url], for review in the OoT forum. Thus, we need things to be clear on this ... Since the ones I posted ( and updated in my 4-13 claim so it matches OoT standards ) have been reviewed, I'd suggest you download the pack from my post ([url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=9858]still here[/url]), and replace them in this Argon Jungle claim ... This hardly takes 5 minutes ... Btw, I checked in the OoT main pack and OoT flora pack, there aren't any of the meshes concerned in those packs yet

Sorry for the trouble ...

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
sxotty
Developer

Post by sxotty »

He is talking about search and replace, it will keep them in the same position and scale so no headaches...
cells completed: 39
claims 6-20;6-19
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

I'll try to add those into OoT tonight after class
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Nice swampy feel you got there :)
Due to the sheer size of the project, it will take years and years. Important members will get jobs, families, shot, whatever, and leave
- Dexter
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

I'm afraid that little progress has been made due to a series of computer problems (mouse dying, cd/dvd drive acting screwy, etc.) But things are mostly fixed now, so hopefully I'll get some more undergrowth in this weekend.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Oh dear, I haven't updated this in a nearly a month. *sigh*

At any rate, I have been making some little progress, but it is still rather slow going, since it is a jungle and all.

And Liliath, I did rename and change the nifs from AJ_shrub and AJroot to bitrshrub and bitterroot respectively.

Were I to give an overall progress report for the undergrowth, I'd say that it is maybe a little more than half complete.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Roger that. Keep it up !

Liliath.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Zalzidrax wrote: And Liliath, I did rename and change the nifs from AJ_shrub and AJroot to bitrshrub and bitterroot respectively.
*cough*OoT*cough* I don't want another map to sweep through and rename all meshes and textures. Map 1 is enough.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

No worries Stalker, bitrshrub and bitterroot are the names of the meshes in OoT. I asked him to change from AJ_shrub and AJroot to bitrshrub and bitterroot respectively, so his claim would fit OoT ...

You know, there are people who are concerned about OoT and your work ...:p

Liliath.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Ah. Thanks Liliath. That's reassuring :)
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Time for another weekly (ish) uodate.
Well, I've had a fair number of tests this week, seeing as its midterms, but I have made some progress since my last post. Next week is spring break, so I should be getting a fair bit of work done. Or getting a fair bit drunk. Or both.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Well I'm pretty much done with what I can do right now. I don't want to add the fog until all the undergrowth is finished, and I've added most of the undergrowth excepting the new plants that have yet to undergo OOTification.

I'll try to get some screenshots that are have substantive differences from my previous ones, so I don't have just more of the same with a greater amount of shrubbery.