Map 2 Detailing: Blue

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

With Noirgrims permission, I have continued my work on this section of the Map 2 detailing. I have attached a picture (which I will soon delete because of its size) that shows the areas that I have finished, almost finished, and will soon reach.

Red: The total area I am currently working on.
Yellow: Areas I have not yet reached, but are in the area of immediate attention.
Blue: Areas that I am particularly proud of, or have questions about.

When I get my internet running, I will post a file of my progress, as well as screenshots of the areas circled in Blue. As of now, the computer with my work has no internet, and I have no way to transfer the work. So, I must wait.

Edit: I have added a picture of a small pond I put in, where previously it was only a barren hole in the ground. And also one of a waterfall I put in at the end of a boring canyon. Whoever previously made this claim knew nothing of detailing...
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Here is a file of my progress. Everything I have worked on is outlined in red on the map above (or really close to the areas I have worked on).

I have also posted a picture of an area created by the previous claimer. He placed a trail, but with no bridge, intersecting the canyon river. He placed a few boards in the water below, but nothing else. So I took it further. After detailing it, I placed a hanging bridge, and a menhlir thingy for you to actually cross with. It might have intentionally been pushed over, or coincidentally. There are plenty of signs of a broken bridge now, but also a way to cross. I was also thinking of placing a skeleton below, perhaps crushed between or on some rocks, as a sign for who/what broke the bridge.
Attachments
tr_map2_blue.esp
(512.99 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Did you get permission to fix Marog's exterior?

-Starcrunch
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

I can't do it until we are done with the detailing, because of the fact that I am using a separate file to add the details. Once we begin work on the main file, I will be able to delete or move the original statics.
-Noirgrim
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

Q: is the overview map one of the latest maps done of the area?

Becus I sincerly hope you all morphed the problems between map 1 and 2 a long time ago.
I've pointed this out countlessly. Espesially just south of Karinthion hills.
Also. The Darkonis merger onto map 2 alfa look like shit.
And you got to be kidding me on the southern part.
A year and a half ago I stopped working on that section.
Not to be overly critical.
But this merger should have been done a long time ago.

But I see that map 1 have come a long way.

However. when you zoom out on it.
It looks very neatly done.
And if you changed the color somewhat I think it whould look very close to a space view map of earth.
It have a very earthly feel of it.
I'm quite pleased how that turned out actually.
You all did good on that.
But the final merging and details is somewhat in despute.
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Darconis has been completely redone, courtesey of Yinnie I believe. The new version looks rather better than the one in Map 2 right now.

-Starcrunch
cougar
Developer

Post by cougar »

@seran: the images for the overview map have been taken from the most recent version of map2 available in the members download section. AFAIR, this map was created in Nov 2004, so I assume there have been a lot of changes, since...
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

yeah I kinda figured it had to be somewhat old.
any new screens from map 2?
from like the last two weeks?
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Actually hermit redid the Imperial section of Darconis and made it look a lot better. Especially the addition of the Palace was welcome as a counter part to the Telvanni tower.

Noirgrim is currently working on detailing all the rest of Map 2, so if we were to get up-to-date screens he'd have to show some.
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

I'm not worried about darconis. I know it was redone.
Atleast the imperial part.
I dunno what is done on the telvanni part that we made.
As I seem to recollect it was somewhat lacking in details.
But I was quite pleased how the tower turned out though.
And I see that you all included Tel Muthada.

My worries however is rather towards the merger of map 1 and 2.
That in my mind will be a living hell.
Only way I can see how this can be done is that you cut out every cell except the two cell lines that meet.
And even then it will be a challange becus of the huge taxture diffrences.

It's something the core should have taken care of even before the final merger on map 2 becun in my mind.
Also. There are some huge hight diffrences around on map 2.
I dunno how those are taken care off but I think it whould be huge problem.
Come to think of it I whould very much like to see the last beta of map 2.
But I del the cs and morrowind I'm afraid.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

I think if we have a group of people delete the cells and redo them we can manage it. It really can't be that hard, as long as we just scrap the stuff thats already there. The textures can be blended in at a certain point, and possibly covered by rocks to make the transition less noticeable. It will take some time, but I don't see it being all that hard.
-Noirgrim