Progress for 3-26

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

The angle on the road to the large house on the hill is too steep I think, you should either lower the hill or do as Vernon suggested
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

It doesn't matter that there is no lore on docks - all that is needed is an actual Indoril dock mesh. All styles of architecture require docks, unless they are built inland (ie Ashlander camps). So basically if there is a village on the coast - it must have a dock out of necessity.
welp
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Nomadic1 wrote:The settlement itself would probably have a wall and gate to prevent easy access from the coast to the village in case of pirates (which would be a real threat if the village was as prosperous as it is in the Poison Song) with a guard tower on a perfect vantage point.
Well, the size of the island is not very large, I doub't if there is room for a guard tower as well as all the other stuff specified in the Poison Song.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I mean a simple tower high up overlooking the settlement. It could be right next to the manor. It would just need to be able to see far, with no other purpose whatsoever.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

ok, ill see what i can do
DMKW

Post by DMKW »

i love that junkyard ...makes me think of this wicked battle against the 6th house and i'm looking at an old battlefield.

and i agree that the banners should stay...its adds more to the erie effect
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Ok, I havent had a lot of time to work on this lately because we have had tons of work to do for the move, packing etc. I do odd bits on it when i get the chance but nothing worth posting really. Just added some flora etc, waiting for Asylum to finish the dock and ruined wall for the claim, when thats done I can work on the town. But until then i'm just sorting out the forest, making it look more real etc.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Rite, well, basically ive been working on adding flora and lots of it! I had a look at some bitter coast regions from Vvardenfell, and got the general idea as to the style from that. Now i think its lookin really good. lots of ferns, grass and rocks. That is reasonable time consuming on its own, plus i dont have too much free time atm. Also, im still waiting on Asylum's Dock and Wall. I can continue with the town when he finishes them.

Also, I am moving in less than 4 weeks, and i dont know when i will next get a chance to work on this claim. So i may not post here again for some while yet. This doesnt mean i have stopped working or that i have dropped it, i will continue with this claim every chance i get.