Claiming 3-38-ind

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Anonymous

Claiming 3-38-ind

Post by Anonymous »

Hiay

Im not totally new to the project but ive finally got some recoures to help out and that id like to do.

Anyhow i would like to claim that part which is indicated at the topic. Id add a few cottages, make good quality nature, and possibly add a quest which ive been planning for later on (havent yet posted the idea or anything cos im working on it, in basics theres this old man who has lived a life of a warrior/mage/other and has settled down, in a cottage pretty high on a mountain an he need stuff, which player must bring an then player gets something, NOT FINISHED IDEA yet).
How ever that is what id like to do. Since it is indoril grounds i would use indoril, textures i cant say because the sticky thread didnt show the maps, will check out that though.

Then a few questions if i may; do i have to build it up from scratch? Is there the basics for all the world that is shown on the maps (like there aint just see here an there)? and are there indoril object included in the game ;houses, temples, statues or other; or do i need to download them from this forum or something? for i am atleast unware of such houses/other cept for the armor

I think finished. Thank you for your time hope you (admin, mod,...) decide that i may build this area.

I
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

actually, it works pretty different than that.

First, once you claim something, a moderator or administrator has to come buy and say 'granted' before you can start, otherwise your work is in vain.

Second, all we add when creating exterior claims is the landscape. You need special permission to make a village/town/city in your claim, unless the claim shows a city in it on the map.

Third, yes, you have to raise the land yourself, texture it yourself, and place everything yourself. There are no preset packages, unfortunately, which let you start straightaway with building/landscaping.

Fourth, when creating an exterior claim, we do not add quests, NPCs, monsters, dialogue, ownership, or scripts. (well, not sure about scripts, but the other stuff I AM sure about) These things are added after the exterior claim is completely finished and has been reviewed and submitted to the final copy of the map.

Fifth, yes, you need to visit OOT(Objects of Tamriel), and download it completely. It's a huge compilation of every static/mesh/texture/new item that TR has made and added to the game.

Finally, if you have any more questions, PM any of the core for help, or anyone who you think would be able to help you. We're all here and full to the brim with knowledge to share, so just ask us =)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I've read the FAQs an all just that its all so much that you tend to forget some of it...

Downloading all the meshes/textures/other np

On the fourth i am aware of that we do not add quests villages houses npcs stuff while we do exteriors.. but as i refered i was thinking of adding it later on when we do the NPCs quests and other. ive made some mods of my own (none published, with NPCs quests an some other shit too)

an of course i will ask for the special permission to carry out that quest thing i was wanting to do id would be side quest as there are hundreds of in original morrowind

if i get granted for this claim..

thx for answering the questions

I
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

A little info for quests, first you have to post the quest idea/plot in the quest ideas forum, wait until it's approved, then claim it, and put it into effect. But quests are the last things done for an area. First is exteriors, then interiors, then Monsters/NPCs/Ownership/Pathgrids, and finally dialogue/scripts are put in with the quests.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

haplo12345 wrote:A little info for quests, first you have to post the quest idea/plot in the quest ideas forum, wait until it's approved, then claim it, and put it into effect. But quests are the last things done for an area. First is exteriors, then interiors, then Monsters/NPCs/Ownership/Pathgrids, and finally dialogue/scripts are put in with the quests.
Yes yes i know that... :x
but as i said maybe later *mwaha*

I
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Indoril buildings are primarily the ones you find in the Tribunal expansion. Use them.

A small indoril cottage (well, house is a better word to use here I think) is fine, you wont need any approval for that. Though you will need it if the amount of buildings is starting to become a village, so no more then 3-4.

FYI, the textures you should use on this map is mostly westgash since the claim is almost totally covered in mountains. The few grassy areas should be AI, that way it would go along with the surrounding claims. Remember that you need to download the finished ones (3-16: Almalexia is finished as well, find it in group map 3 forums) and coordinate your claim to fit with them.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Bitter Coast, not AI.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

This particular claim does not need to be built up from scratch...

This was originally part of Hoss's 3-2 claim that he never quite finished. It was broken up into 3-2, 3-38, and 3-39. The original 3-2 file can be downloaded [url=http://home.grandecom.net/~dcravey/tr.html]here[/url]. The primary things that need doing are adding more statics, vertex coloring the terrain and matching it with surrounding terrain.

And to clear things up, north of the mountains should be BC (it isn't in the current iversion of the claim) and to the south is AI. For matching the borders you will also need to download group map three, and ask those people with unfinished claims around yours to provid you with their most current work so you can match it to theirs.

Since there is a town nearby, a small farm or so is quite reasonable, but as Koth said, no villages, since it is more the outskirts of a town.

And note Koth has not actually granted this claim yet...
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Using Hoss's claim may be a bad idea...none of it matched up with Map 3 at all, I don't think he even used map three when he did it. I mean, my part is entirely west gash mountains, even though the northwestern area is mostly BC. It's also way higher than the area around it, and I think the river is in the wrong place.

Also, I already have a small farm (one farm house) in the northeastern cell of my claim, and it may because a tiny plantation (a home, a warhouse, a slaveshack or two)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

righty theres heck a lot of tips on this thread.. but im not working because i dont see a GRANTED here no were.. so some1 with the proper authorataa please put Granted or not granted so i can either dump this or begin working..
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Well, then

Granted
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

very well i will begin workin on the area...