World of Warcraft

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

CommonsNat
Developer

World of Warcraft

Post by CommonsNat »

I have just bought World of Warcraft and I'm curious if anyone here has it. If so could you post your username(s) and server(s), and possible faction(Horde or Alliance)?

BTW, this won't be taking up any of my TR time, but I still won't be able to work on my claim, reviewing duties, or that list until I get my new computer.
Nathan Commons
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

im geting it(see MSN screen name). Night elf, Priest. female of course. the name is either goaing to be Nerevar, or if its taken, ill call her Nevrar(or if thats taken too, shell be IdrilNevrar [since theres no spaces]) im going to play on the same server as a freind of mine (lvl 44 night elve paladin, hes gona train me)

im ileagaly downloading it (oops, did i just say that outloude?)
Last edited by Lady Nerevar on Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Annon
Developer

Post by Annon »

Name: Annon
Server: EU - Stormreaver
Alliance
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Shame on you Lady N, I spent the $50(actually, all I had to do is pay for half, my brother paid for the other half).

I guess I'll post mine here too, though none are on those servers.

Name: Plei
Race: Orc
Server: Warsong

Name: Bros
Race: Dwarf
Server: Daggerspine

(These are my brother's)
Name: Arios
Race: Night Elf
Server: Aggramar

Name: Repid
Race: Human
Server Azjol-Nerub
Nathan Commons
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i know..but i just cant afor that kind of money not to mention the monthly fees *shruder*
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Lord Elias
Reviewer

Post by Lord Elias »

Unfortunately,I must wait till the summer vacation to start playing WoW... :( Playing it now would result an imediate screw up on my life...When i start playing it,i have no intention geting of the comp for atleast two weeks...
i thought you need a activation number fo wow,but how then can you use illegal version?
:)
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Illigal servers. I got a beta copy once. Was DLing it a week. And when I finally got it - servers switched to full version :) That's why I'm playing Lineage 2 now.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Teli

Post by Teli »

Teli
Tauren Shammy

Server: Burning Blade (EU)
Last edited by Teli on Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Working on:

Knuttin' atoll
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Grahlannon
Undead Warlock
Crushridge Server
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
PaulShin

Post by PaulShin »

Boo... and I can't play before the exams.. but May will be WoW month :twisted: I played in EU open beta as a dwarf warrior..
Interiors done: 0/0/1/12 (C/S/R/A)
Interiors reviewed: 18 (Not a reviewer atm)
Current Project:
-Imperial Forts mod (nonTR)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I HAD a level 30 rogue but the game lost its novelty and became boring... so I quit it and I am now playing city of heroes
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Stalker wrote:Illigal servers. I got a beta copy once. Was DLing it a week. And when I finally got it - servers switched to full version :) That's why I'm playing Lineage 2 now.
nope! crack. 87.63%!yey!
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Annon
Developer

Post by Annon »

Lady Nerevar wrote:im geting it(see MSN screen name). Night elf, Priest. female of course. the name is either goaing to be Nerevar, or if its taken, ill call her Nevrar(or if thats taken too, shell be IdrilNevrar [since theres no spaces]) im going to play on the same server as a freind of mine (lvl 44 night elve paladin, hes gona train me)

nightelf cant be paladins
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Annon wrote:
Lady Nerevar wrote:im geting it(see MSN screen name). Night elf, Priest. female of course. the name is either goaing to be Nerevar, or if its taken, ill call her Nevrar(or if thats taken too, shell be IdrilNevrar [since theres no spaces]) im going to play on the same server as a freind of mine (lvl 44 night elve paladin, hes gona train me)

nightelf cant be paladins
its either that or hes a uman...cant remember...
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

I thought it was a pay service? Even if you get an activation crack, don't you have to pay a monthy fee? Or does the crack somehow fix that too?

If so, sign me up!

And now we observe our laws about piracy and STFU like the noobs we are for even bringing it up.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
LordGothren

Post by LordGothren »

Name: Maren
Human Paladin
Crushrdige server

Ariuk
Human warrior
crushrdige server

Gilgalash
Night elf druid
Hellscream server

Jandris
Human Mage
crushridge server
Novice interior designer
Interiors claimed:1

Interiors finished:4
Katoth

Post by Katoth »

I don't want top pay the $15 a month...I am even thinking about quiting FFXI.
That cost me $13 a month and frankly I dont want to pay another $50 then pay the service fee every month for WoW. Maybe someday when the MMORPG's of today become free in the future I am not going to pay for them every month. Unless I become wealthy and have the free time to enjoy them as often as I would like. Anyways Im starting to ramble...I better go do something productive like work on my claim. :wink:
Where did my mechanical squirrel go?
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Tisk tisk.
Stalker, Lady N, you of all people shouldn't be discussing these things. You know that they are bannable offenses. Now go edit your posts before the rest of the Core figures out what I'm talking about.
On the topic now:
My friend had a brief love affair with World of Warcraft. He said that it was pretty open-ended, and the job prospects were really wide, but when it came down to it, you still had to go through the bump and grind that made up the painfuly slow aspect of leveling. The absolute evil of all MMORPGs. He said that you were essentially doing the same stuff you could be doing in Knights Online, and were paying for better graphics and more options.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Lord Elias
Reviewer

Post by Lord Elias »

ok... :(
Last edited by Lord Elias on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
:)
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Seriously. I don't want to have to edit your posts for you.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Go EVE: Second Genesis!
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Normally I wouldn't like MMORPGS, but I love Warcraft III, so I'm giving it a try. 5 free days left. :(
Nathan Commons
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Hey, LordGothren! I have a character on Crushridge too! Only, he is horde :).

Maren, Ariuk, and Jandris, eh? I'll have to look out for you so I don't gank you. I am Grahlannon, a level 55 undead warlock. Not a paladin, believe it or not.
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
LordGothren

Post by LordGothren »

thats cool. If only i had decided to play horde instead of alliance then we could have quested together. O well.

Its gonna be a while before i get up to the same level as you but when i do ill send you a message here and we can do some 1v1.

For the Alliance!!!!! :) :)
Novice interior designer
Interiors claimed:1

Interiors finished:4
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

Name: Jacurutu
Side: Alliance
Server: Suramar
Class/Level: 58 pally

This is my main, I'm doing a priestess on Deathwing with a bunch of friends next (wow that sounds really dirty)
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

WoW is overrated. Once you reach a certain lvl you start to realize just how mundane and boring it is. Well I guess it's what one would expect from a MMORPG.
Thane

Post by Thane »

This is funny, that level 55 undead dude is probably the one that pwns a WoW addict in my speech class all the time. I think he is a level 7 Human Paladin. (He sucks)
"We are the Knights who say-NI!"
"Now bring us a shrubbery"
"A nice one, but...not too expensive..."
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

BiffyWang wrote:WoW is overrated. Once you reach a certain lvl you start to realize just how mundane and boring it is. Well I guess it's what one would expect from a MMORPG.
All MMO's get like that after a while. I just couldn't resist the Warcraft theme. BTW Jacuruto, I tried putting you on my friends list, but it kept giving me a friend lookup database error.

I'm so lonely playing by myself :cry: . I'm using a Lvl. 6 Gnome warrior named "Adaphirley" if anyone wants to join me on the Azjol-Nerub server, please do.
Nathan Commons
Amrod
Developer Emeritus

Post by Amrod »

CommonsNat wrote:
BiffyWang wrote:WoW is overrated. Once you reach a certain lvl you start to realize just how mundane and boring it is. Well I guess it's what one would expect from a MMORPG.
All MMO's get like that after a while. I just couldn't resist the Warcraft theme. BTW Jacuruto, I tried putting you on my friends list, but it kept giving me a friend lookup database error.

I'm so lonely playing by myself :cry: . I'm using a Lvl. 6 Gnome warrior named "Adaphirley" if anyone wants to join me on the Azjol-Nerub server, please do.
Well you have to be on the same server. Also, the same side. Horde cant add aliance as friends and vica versa.
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

I know, but I have like 5 different characters. Not many people are on that often though.
Nathan Commons
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

CommonsNat, you've gotta be on Suramar if I'm to be on your friends list . . . I have two priestesses with the same name on different servers (I was checking this out), so names are definitely server specific.
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

world of warcraft is the one off the best game ever :D
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Jacurutu wrote:CommonsNat, you've gotta be on Suramar if I'm to be on your friends list . . . I have two priestesses with the same name on different servers (I was checking this out), so names are definitely server specific.
That's what I meant, I started a character on Suramar.
Nathan Commons
Cjad the Nord

Post by Cjad the Nord »

I'd play, but I'd rather spend money on my current essentials plus cool yet irrelevant cool stuff for my car (awesome car, by the way).

Instead, I have fallen in love with another. Guild Wars is, in my oppinion, a better MMO. For some reason, while I like both games, the majority of the WoW fanbase seems mortified that anyone would choose GW over WoW, and so I usually don't bring up the subject as being told "u dont kmow a god game u gw n00b!!!1!1" gets boring. Just so everyone knows, the Graphcis are the same (made by almost the exact same people), and there's no monthly fee. It's also one giant server (the workaround was really simple, so everyone can play with everyone), and there's no patches, everything is streamed to your computer while you play.

Personally, I think it's a very refreshing change from standard MMO's. The level grind is almost non existant, and scarcely even important.
Pwn: "The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear."
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

MMORPGs, bleh. All these games are the same with some altered graphics and a slightly different gameplay.

What you need to play is Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates! It has depth, fun, puzzles, and pirates. What more could you ask for? It is literally a miniature world, with an economy, politics, and much much more. The developers actually spend time in the game to, and discuss later updates with players. It only costs $10 a month, unless you pay via a new payment model experiment, in which you buy "tokens" with real money which you need to buy and do certain things in the game.

All in all, it proves that an MMO doesn't need to be a clicky-grind kind of experience.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

WoW is overrated. Once you reach a certain lvl you start to realize just how mundane and boring it is. Well I guess it's what one would expect from a MMORPG
I must speak up here about my beloved EVE: Second Genesis :)

I've played it for a year now, and I'm nowhere near a level where I feel it's "mundane and boring", simply because the game offer so many different ways of gameplay. Apart from the normal npc slaughtering (which can be done through several means) there's also manufacturing, trading, mining and pvp which all are deep enough for you to devote your entire gameplay time into one of these areas. And because how the skillsystem is built, you are free to explore all areas however you want. If you choose one path, you can always walk an other later on. But one thing you'll never achive, is a character that is good at everything. Because the skills are training in real time and not through experience and because the amount of skills availible (and since new ones are being added all the time) far surpasses the skills you could have achived up until now.

With this, I want to defend MMORPGs by saying that it differ a lot between the different games out there if they get boring quickly or not.