Call to any Lore master

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Call to any Lore master

Post by Arcadea »

I need a lore master for a project of mine if anyone has the time PM and I'll tell you the details.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

...you're working for Silgrad Tower?
welp
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

I work for Tamriel Rebuilt's Future. and the answer is I have always worked with both projects.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Lest we forget...
welp
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

and what is that sapose to mean?

edit: I'm under allot of strees right now sorry if that sounds rude it's not meant to.

Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

[url=http://forum.silgrad.com/thread.php?threadid=2492&boardid=18&sid=fd5baf599e460aa3a1f958d25e97af75&page=1#9]I just wish you'd stop with the sneaksiness.[/url]
welp
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

nothing is here now
Last edited by Arcadea on Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

As far as I am concerned, this conversation is over.
welp
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

I still need a lore master if any one want to help me.

Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Honary Member?
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

What's the lore issue arc?

vernon is right though, lose the sneakyness, this isn't the CIA vs. KGB in the 60's we are a bunch of gamers making a huge mod, not spies, secret societies or whatnot.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Wow. That's lame. I mean, the whole "I'm sneeeeeaky" thing in the Oblivion thread is bad enough.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

hey i know lots of lore, but i may not know some things, i still have a lot to read, ive got most books on morrowind and some from daggerfall in my file, but i have some more yet to get. Then ill be full up on lore (hehe)
what do you need to know? eh eh eh?
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

Here is what Razorwing needs to know about:

So, since Oblivion might use a more detailed scale there is a good chance Silgrad Tower can both keep our made-up towns, as well as the towns noted by Tamriel Rebuilt. Our towns would be:
- Steadhelm, an Imperial settlement located in Hlaalu territory on the mainland shore opposite the 'head' of the island;
- Crossroads, which is basically just an inn with surrounding buildings, some way south of Reich Parkeep. I think I mistakingly put it north of Reich Parkeep in an earlier statement, since the crossing of the roads in TR's map is north of Reich Parkeep. We can move it north of Reich Parkeep for the new version of the mod though, at the same time making room for Maar Mok.
- Ebbedin, a Redoran fishing village located some way northwest of where TR has put the Hlaalu town Isra Nium. Comparing our map with TR's political map, we have indeed placed Ebbedin in Redoran territory just across the border. I remember talking to an old core member about them, and he noted that the old team had considered our new towns small enough that they wouldn't be noted on an official map. Those three are really quite small places; Steadhelm has about fifteen buildings, Ebbedin 8 or 9 depending on if you count the lighthouse, Crossroads a handful.

The TR towns that haven't been put in our mod is Hla Run (Hlaalu), Isra Nium (Hlaalu) and Maar Mok (Redoran).
I suggest the following:
- Isra Nium and Ebbedin become neighbours across the water, by situating Isra Nium at the left 'spike' in the peninsula (of sorts); the one that is similar to a /, and is at about vertical 5, horisontal -16. Ebbedin would then be placed to the west of Isra Nium, across the water, on the opposing shore, in Redoran territory. Say, at vertical 5, horisontal -18. I can already see several possible stories about that setup that might be interesting. They'd both be fishing villages, naturally, that's usually how coastal villages survive; and always at each other's throat over the best fishing grounds. While walking the docks of Isra Nium, the player can see the burning lanterns in Ebbedin across the water. While it would mean moving Isra Nium one or two cells north, I think the overall position of that town compared to any official maps would still be pretty much accurate. Clumping them together would free up more wilderness and keep the area from feeling crowded, I think.

- We move Crossroads, and the road to Vernim Pass, to the north of Reich Parkeep as the road is supposed to go. Then, we create the Redoran town Maar Mok in its stead.

- We create the Hlaalu town Hla Run (the bad font used on the map makes it hard to see what that town is named) far east of Silgrad Tower, according to the TR map.

- I'm not really sure what would happen to Steadhelm. Possibly we could move it so it becomes a fort north of Hla Run?

If you want, could you run this suggestion by a TR lore master and ask his oppinion on the matter?

Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

?

Fail to understand what this got to do with anything
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Kothloth wrote:?

Fail to understand what this got to do with anything
me 2.
and this also reminds me on the cold war..."hey! lets go and steel bomb plans from the oposing nations!"
my advise, lore masters are best faound on the offical ES forums>
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

um... i am a great lore master....thingey...um just tell me like um.... secrects about this project and i will help (pssst don't worry TR) :D :lol:
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

actualy just read the post above about the towns and tell me your thoughts thats all I realy need and thank you for taking the time to help.

Razorwing

Post by Razorwing »

If I may butt in? :)

The discussion started because I wanted to know if the towns your team has placed in the area, besides Silgrad Tower and Reich Parkeep (of Arena fame), is established in lore, or if you just made them up like we made up Steadhelm, Ebbedin and Crossroads.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

you know that all makes senes to me. If there small enough then no one whould (should) care. also all that move it here mumbo jumbo makes no senes to me just as long it is a good distance away from all important things it should be fine.
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Razorwing, I should have known it. Why do you let arcadea post, why not post this question yourself?

Anyway, you know how we think about lore, so why would someone of TR help you with this?
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Cjad the Nord

Post by Cjad the Nord »

*Left in the dark*

I think that I have gathered enough to say, though, that TR doesn't just make shit up. EVERYTHING I've seen here is backed by lore. Did I answer the question?

I'm all for a little creative liberties, but making up towns is a huge thing. I doubt anyone in TR would go so far as to do that.
Pwn: "The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear."
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Well, the main reason that ST and TR splitt up was because of lore issues...
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

This thread needs locking already.
welp
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

locked per request
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!