Hall of Heroes and Patrons

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Hall of Heroes and Patrons

Post by Majra »

As originally posted by haplo

Credits Team Info -
Head - Haplo12345
Modder(s) -
- Arcadea(?)
- Haplo12345

Basically, this is a year old plan that got off the ground but didn't stay up for very long. It was just forgotten, because of the incredulously enormous amounts of work it would require.

I've reformed it a lot, to make it
A- easier to mod from a modder's point of view
B- easier to see as balanced from a critic's point of view.
C- A nice little easter egg from everyone's point of view.

So it's now a little island to the north(still - except a LOT smaller), with exactly 1 building (I'm thinking of something with mjy, if you guys are familiar with him), 1 interior and a 'Shrine of St. Modder' or something along those lines. I've not come up with a name for it yet. Something with blessings like the standard Morrowind ones.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

My thanks, Majra

This project is still going, and was cleaned because of massive disorderness reasons.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

I'd still like to work on this some time though. Haplo do you have messenger so we can talk about this.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Former Moderator of the Core.
Was once called the Sotha Sil of the core.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I have AOL Instant Messenger. My screenname is
Last edited by Haplo on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

sxotty
Developer

Post by sxotty »

Well that is too bad in a way. I thought it would be pretty neat to do something like in the past. (Especially the notion of it providing a credits of sorts for the mod). Ah well... Maybe it oculd have a library with books and the credits for the mod therein or something...
cells completed: 39
claims 6-20;6-19
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I'm willing to do a little interior/literature work on this project, if you're looking for help.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The only thing we need is a new model basically. A big stone altar (BIG) that has ingraved in it:

"Here rests the only mark that the modders of TR have made upon this earth"

(preferrably that is readable in the stone, but if not, then just the ability to 'read stone engraving' and have it pop up in a message box.)

Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

maybe we should let the people of TR decide what we do Haplo. give them the two ideas and let them vote. I'm still willing tomod.
I said I would return and I may have been right. The past must stay in the past as agreed. If the core needs me or has a job for me just ask for now I watch and write.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Whatever happened to the idea that each contributor would have an NPC of his own choosing and with the armor/clothing of his choice? Seems that some even had unique heads and hair planned, and Stumpy was going to be very - er - unique.

(Yeah, with my RL schedule, I'm relegated to the category of "lurker.")
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That would be way to much work, and would lag the game(and the island down) so much that it would not be any fun at all. I mean hey, we had like 290+ people wanting NPCs. We aren't that important.

Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

how wowuld it lag the game down?

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

each NPC in the game takes a chunk of RAM with it, and 240 NPCs plus the 2000+ or so already in place would just be suicide. Plus, so many statics and faces would be a monster to review/fix/build. It's much simpler and covers much more ground to just have a temple with a written tribute on it somewhere to the north on an island.

sxotty
Developer

Post by sxotty »

Haplo while I agree with that, would it still be possible to make the island quite unique, and use some of the ideas suggested for the previous one, just leave it as an overun island though.

For example perhaps we could have an abondon city, and then in the temple therein say "The modders dream is to give life to ideas" or some such crap.

Then there would only be bad guys there and lots of pretty stuff, i.e. gardens plants from all over, dramatic mountains you get the idea, but like a said no NPC's. Kinda like an ancient abondoned temple vibe you know.
cells completed: 39
claims 6-20;6-19
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Heh, I would like to know who would be willing to mesh 290+ head models for each member. It is a nice idea, albeit romantic.
welp
Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

sxotty I like his idea.

Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I'd like to do some literature which is basically a tribute to the modders, Morrowind-ising their usernames. I do like Sxotty's idea though.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Ok then sxotty. I hear ya. I'm kind of thinking I wan't it to be like some tropical-type island way up north, using sirwoots trees and the argon meshes, with fog. A mayan-like temple in the middle of it, that has the tribute thing. Yeah... 8-)

Arcadea
Developer Emeritus

Post by Arcadea »

and a few other surprises aswell.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Can you PM me with those surprised you have in mind arcadea? or maybe just brainstormed ones? I've got one or two I'm toying with, but I'd like to know your opinion as well.

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Island and everything is good but...maybe just to place a shrine on one of the maps saying something like "To all people who have built this land" (I know it sounds lame but it doesn't matter) ? I think it'll be a more easterish egg than a whole new island (for me it'll ruin the consistency of Tamriel).
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Lord Elias
Reviewer

Post by Lord Elias »

Making a quest of something like:Go to the island for pilgrimage bla bla bla would be nice.So we KNOW people s gona go there.
:)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes...while this is already written out, I'm still debating whether or not to just as a bolt-on go ahead and add tributes to the greatest generation of modders hidden around the map. While this may be much more lore consistant, it will also prove 10x much harder to do.

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

haplo, check your PMs, theres an idea there from me.
M1ke
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

...No there isn't.

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Ok, that is odd. Its listed as Sent in my Sentbox. Ill resend, reply if you get it.
M1ke
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what you should do is have the island and when you go there in the main room the only thing in the main is a ring and when you take it it takes you to the hall of blah blah blah and there is a book or something that says like 'oh here is the list of everyone who build this land' and then we have a list of everyone who helped out
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You could put a book next ot it called 'Helpers of the Aedra' with a little intro about how the Aedra created the earth, and were helped by lesser aedra called:

(follows list of modders)
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Yeah, we are still down around 1000 members, IIRC. It wouldn't be to hard to include in a book the names of all who have posted in the TR forums, right?

The question is this: Would the names be aphabetized, or chronological? I personally think chronological is more fair. I would also suggest each of the Core gets their own NPC in the Hall. Or at least gets a tapestry w/ their avatar.
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Well, the list would be considerably smaller than 1000, since it was decided long ago to include only those who actually worked on the project.
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Yes, only those who helped. I don't know about tapestry, how about seperate rooms for Mods, Admins, etc. too avoid FPS issues? We could come up with witty names for the rooms. "Hall of Heroes and Patrons, Hall of the Global Moderators". :)

Though this is far from being worried about in my case, since we are nowhere near done. Perhaps we can do one after we create Morrowind Province.
Nathan Commons
Mr. Sorry of Balmora

Post by Mr. Sorry of Balmora »

how about sxotty's idea with a book in the adandon temple that contains moders names what they worked on and at the begining this

"we hold this truth to be self evedent... that all modder work just as hard at builbing mods as dev's at building games... herein lie the names of TR modders and members"

or something along those lines
Inferno_str1ke

Look here!

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

To get included in the names for the H&P, see this thread, and comply with the instructions in the top post

http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/viewtopic.php?t=12421

Cheers.
M1ke
wererat
Developer

Post by wererat »

Vernon wrote:Heh, I would like to know who would be willing to mesh 290+ head models for each member. It is a nice idea, albeit romantic.
This idea was popular last time I was here (bout 10months ago =P) and you dont have to worry bout my head. Just make me a rat at 2x size, and some bones around me would be nice :D
'To be thanked for having done one's duty is humiliating' - The Vicomte de Bragelonne
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey Wererat! Where ya been the past 18 months? :-D

lol :-P It's nice to see you again, bud.

Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

We had a discussion about this on IRC and it seems the consensus is that we shouldn't have individual books for every modder. Several people think it's too self-glorifying and also more time than should be spent on this. The idea that seems most accepted at the moment is simply have a text document with all the major contributors, and a shrine out in the wilderness somewhere to the mod team as a whole. I personally think instead of the text document we should include one book with all the modder names at the shrine, maybe catagorized by what they did, with the core members having their own seperate titles. But... that's just me :)
Claims completed:
Yashazmus, Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon
Mzankh, Dwemer Ruin
Nchazdrumn, Dwemer Ruin
Sirrilas, Shrine of Mephala
Moriken, Abandoned Dunmer Stronghold
Old Necrom Morag Tong GH
Darconis Diamond Mine
Assorted other boring claims.
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Not so sure that I agree with the mods,admins, and honoraries getting special treatment here. Especially since there are members who have done loads for the project but were never on the core. I like the idea of a book or scroll in game that lists everyone in alphabetical order who made some tangible contribution to the project. That might take some time, but if you truly want to do something like this it needs to be done right and fairly.
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
bas
Developer

Post by bas »

ok you can begin with me lord_gallant... i added 2 interiors and maybe if i understand scripting then i will do quests... so add me :mrgreen:
If it bleeds, it can be killed..
Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

That is quite a bit more than many have done, bas. If you were being sarcastic and saying that you wouldn't belong in a list of contributers, I would disagree. On top of that, you appear to be a reviewer, which is also a substantial contribution to the project.
Trudging through the relentless Skyrim snowstorms, the lone Paladin looks on in sorrow as the land of Tamriel evolves without him; his mind occupied with other matters.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

To what do we owe this pleasant visit, Lord Gallant?

I'm for, and always have been for, a shrine in the middle of nowhere giving honor to the souls of TR. I think that if we categorize the entire list by itself, it should be alphabetical.

Lord_Gallant
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lord_Gallant »

Hello again Haplo :)

I was just passing by I suppose. I can't say I have intentions of modding again but I thought I'd contribute my thoughts to a few things and see how the project has been coming along.