Today

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Today

Post by Sload »

Three members left. I don't want to make that four.

Thus I am announcing that I am not leaving. Instead I will decrease my activity on the forum. I probably wont post anywhere that doesn't directly relate to a claim of mine. Here are my reasons:

-I don't think I get along with most of you. I annoy many of you, and many of you annoy me. It doesn't mix.

-My parents think that I spend all my time "rotting my brain out chatting online." Without the TR forum my time on the innernets will be a lot lower.

Nomadic: I wont be working on the Morrowind Districts, because this idea is[url=http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/viewtopic.php?t=11443]futile.[/url] Apparently there aren't six districts; I have no idea where we got that idea!

Vernon: I got mad at you a lot for a while. I want to make it clear that I respect you.

Majra: Do you check your PMs often, or are mine just ignored? Note, please, that I am still a Welcomer.

Massalinie: I'm sorry.

EDIT: Wow, I had to edit the first line because it's 3 members.
Last edited by Sload on Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Thane

Post by Thane »

I'm not competely gone yet. I just have a foot out the door.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Well Sload Lord, I have to agree that some people may have found that things you said to be offensive. BUT they were also very efficient. You cleared aside the crap and made things work smoothly. I found your posting amusing. Your ideas are good, and they work well. Well thats just my opinion, don't ban me if some admin doesn't agree with me.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

You wont be banned for having a different opinion than an admin. I'd have left a long time ago if they worked like that.
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Today has been a bad day. I will miss you the most Sloady. Even though you won't be gone completely, it won't be the same.

Goodbye, until the next time you log on and I comment on your claims. :cry:
Nathan Commons
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

Xui'al wrote:Well Sload Lord, I have to agree that some people may have found that things you said to be offensive. BUT they were also very efficient. You cleared aside the crap and made things work smoothly. I found your posting amusing. Your ideas are good, and they work well. Well thats just my opinion, don't ban me if some admin doesn't agree with me.
I feel exactly the same :).
Cjad the Nord

Post by Cjad the Nord »

Man, I know I smell bad, but I'd like it if at least ONE person would at least step forward and tell me! I don't even want that gratification anymore...

Laughter aside, I never found you to be annoying. Which may have blinded me into thinking you didn't find me annoying. Did I annoy you? Cause I would be really angry with myself if I came back only to make, like, FOUR really cool people leave. Either way, I don't really understand these complex relations, I have just recently returned, so without further nosing around and being a punk.

BYEZ I'M SOZZRY U LEAVEING!!!!
Pwn: "The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear."
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

You don't annoy me.

Maybe I'm overreacting. Then again, my problems have been with members who haven't posted here.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

For those of us in school or college (i.e. most of us), its kind of busy right now, and though the end may be in sight, it is still a mountain of work away, so... I can understand if people aren't in the best of moods. I'm sure things will be happier come summer.
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Sload, districts are not a futile subject, it was just we didn't want you claiming something is solid official TR lore before its been fully developed and still iffy.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

I'm sorry this had to happen Sload Lord.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I never said mine was final. I said it was important to join in because the districts needed to be decided soon.

The only thing I said was fact (which I was told wasn't "solid" was the number of districts. Any scout on Vvardenfell will tell you that. Am I the only one who talked to Elone? She was really cool and you were missing out.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Thanx sload, and im sorry too i hope we can along better in the future :)
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Re: Today

Post by Vernon »

Sload Lord wrote:Vernon: I got mad at you a lot for a while. I want to make it clear that I respect you.
FYI.

I think you're pretty damn cool actually and I would personally prefer it if you stick around. Your knowledge of lore is important and you aren't afraid to question things. Even though we had had a few arguments, we managed to get over it. Just so you know, I have come to respect you also.
welp
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Ignore this. Let's face it, I'm addicted to the forum.
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! :D :D :D Break out the champaign(or beer, or root beer for us non-alcoholics)! A celebration! :banana: :banana: :banana: :newmemberdance: :newmemberdance: :newmemberdance:
Nathan Commons
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Just get a real beer into you damn it.
welp
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

Heh, I'm a minor. Besides, I like root beer.
Nathan Commons
Mr. Sorry of Balmora

Post by Mr. Sorry of Balmora »

sload you ar a very helpful person from what i've known then again i havent been here that long
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

Welcome back, Sload. :)
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

In some ways I think these forums hurt TR more than they help it, asside from the fact that without the forums there would be no TR.

What I'm trying to say is this, and note, this is not directed at anyone, just a saying I've had since I first joined:

"Shut up and mod"

If everyone where to do this, we'd be done.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Yeah, we'd be done. But where's the fun in that?
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

Noirgrim wrote:In some ways I think these forums hurt TR more than they help it, asside from the fact that without the forums there would be no TR.

What I'm trying to say is this, and note, this is not directed at anyone, just a saying I've had since I first joined:

"Shut up and mod"

If everyone where to do this, we'd be done.
But we do this for fun... if it's all work then who of us would still be here? I know I would have left a long time ago. :)
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

The idea is to have fun while doing something. we all have plenty to do in our lives that isn't fun, and if this wasn't fun, we might as well just be doing those other things.

Hmmm design epic role playing game mod or realphabetize my sock drawer? tough question.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

How can you alphabetize your sock drawer? That sounds suspiciously like a challenge...

People come and go. There's nothing you can really do about it, and making these posts usually only upsets more members than actually bringing anything to light/helping. It's a lost cause. If people want to go, they'll go. If they want to stay, they'll stay. Simple as that.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Why don't we all just shut up, and hug for a while?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

ok! *hugs nemon*

We ARE doing this for fun, as has been said, but we also have to remember that we do have a goal here, I think that if we don't push ourselves to work, the work will never get done. Sometimes modding can get really tedious and people need a break and thats what the forums help with too, but in a way, I think the lounge is dragging us down. I hate to say it because I myself love the lounge, however when people are bored or have nothing to do, they go there instead of looking for other work. I'm not saying we should get rid of the lounge, I'm just saying that we need to sort out our priorities here.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Noirgrim wrote:"Shut up and mod"
You know if we followed this advice TR will never be released. For the reason that there will be no TR. Or maybe only you and Koth working on it. This kind of attitude is W.R.O.N.G.. I was accused (for my sig) that I thought TR was work - not fun. Hear me people - I don't want TR to turn into work. If it ever will - I'm outta here with the next train. Yes, it will be hard. But I will leave. That's for sure. Every time I see the phrase like this I feel sorry for the guy who told it. We are here to mod, to mod for the sake of modding, to mod for the sake of fun. If you close these forums (let's pretend that we will have other means of organizing things) TR will be gone.
Personally I can do a city per day. But what city it will be ? Plain. Uninsteresting. Copy-pasted. Like Beth city. I agree that every claim of mine takes shitload of time. But why ? Because I make it until I'm satisfired with it's looks. Until I really think that the player will remember the hut of a drunkard not by a waterfall in the middle of it but because it feels like house of a drunkard. I must agree that sometimes I can produce a shitty claim. The reason - lack of inspiration and desire to make it quicker. I don't want to call myself a super modder but I noticed one small thing - the quicker I try to make me claim - the worse it looks.
So hurry up and go to work people. Now.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Guys, we go through this every spring. Whether it's the end of the school year or rutting season, we always have people quitting, people getting mad, people apologizing, people hugging. And then we get back to modding for another year.

So let this old orc buy the next round; it'll be a strong one. Good to see things are normal around here.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

heheh, Im with Grey. We can always count on people bitching alot about their views on the project at this time of the year, I dont know what it is either. Still, nevermind.

And all that dancing crap, that should be gotten rid of too - things get too homoerotic around here. Call me a cumudgeon, but hey, thats what me and Grey are here for!
M1ke
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

If your being too curmudgeonly, IS, just drink some o' that beer that Greybeard bought ya. Heck, the partying is about to begin soon- at least I'm done in a week. And then summer, and research, and TR, and partying!
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

heheh, only here do i get called IS. and i drink plenty anyway. greybeard is a lightweight :P
M1ke