The Cult Of the Serpent

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Salem_Hlaalu

The Cult Of the Serpent

Post by Salem_Hlaalu »

Cult Of the Serpent
As the morrowind birthsigns go "The Serpent" Those born under the of the sign the serpent can poison can poison others. Well Now this cult is a place of study of the deadly arts! Most skillsrely on Athletics, Destruction, Long Blade, Acrobatics, Mysticym, illusion. With these skills are used for vital uses of this cult. Killing People are a small part of this cult. Only used for poisoning or sacrifition of the serpent. Quests envolve seeking the Mages Guild, Imperial Cult, and Temple about various info on history of things.

The Trials of the Serpent-
These trials or so are your quests. Most members most do a beginning trial to get in. Mostly you dont have to do this. You dont do the beginning trial if you have the required skills to be in the cult.

First Trial
If you are in You first have to find the Grandmaster. He will direct you to do some initiate training before doing major trials. So you do that. And find him again and he will direct you towards to find his apprentice who is going to become a exalted leader. Find him and you bring up the topic Apprentice pretty much he will give your orders to you cause he is now a exalted leader. He gives you the major quests. But when you talk to him about you being the apprentice he gives you a trial. He tells you about the Corruption of the Caldrea (Hlaalu) Mining Company. He tells you that the masters of the slaves must be silenced or simply release the slaves. He is outraged for them slave masters be so cruel. You go to the mining company but many people cannot do anything cause they were ordered to do this. You go back to your master and he says. well The leader of this is Odrai Helvi. Go to him and Helvi will say that "You must be crazy to think that they are treating slaves cruelly. Its what we do to get work done" the word slaves that was highlighted find that and talk to him about slaves. pretty much he will say he treat him better if you give him 2000 gp. Do that and he will treat them better. you dont give him the money mission failed. But if you were sucsessful go back to your master and he will give you 2000 gp that you lost and gives you also a bonus of 200 gp.

Second Trial
After that your master is a bit tired. And tells you to freashen up your skill. he bids you to come the day after next at 6 a.m. and says this mission next is the key to the Cults Sucsess!
The Next day you come to him and he says if you are ready I want you to find the Grandmaster. He is missing and he had a vision that maybe a Daedra cult is going to execute him and burn him and sacrifice his soul to Mehrunes Dagon. He bids you to find him. He though the Daedra shrine wouldve been outside Yassimiddan. This shrine is the main shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. Intrigued you are you find him guarded by three Dremora lords. apparently the grandmaster is dead. you kill the three dremoras. and get on the grandmaster inventory. and theres a note

Dear *******,
If i am dead please tell my old apprentice that he is now grandmaster. The cult is in trouble. Mehrunes Dagon told me that The cult is doomed. apparently he will go to war against us. He will eliminate us.
signed, Levure' Therak: Grandmaster

You go back to your master and show him the note. He is sad but he will keep watch for more visions. And he says
" Nothing will bring us down. But apparently Dagon will destroy us by force." he says. Do you think that you are envolved un this somehow?

If you like this then write a good reply. If not inform me tos stop and why!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I don't really want you to stop. I just want you to learn a little lore before you go on.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Salem_Hlaalu

What the Heck?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Salem_Hlaalu »

WTF!!!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD! WHAT FREAKIN' LORE? I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE THE BEST I WOULD GET TO A RELEATED TERM THAT WAS BIRTHSIGNS!!!!!!!! WTF! I AM REALLY MAD! I"VE STUDIED AND TRIED TO LOOK BUT DONT LIKE IT! WTF!!!!!! SHOW ME WHY! THIS IS GOOD AS I CAN GET TO A GOOD GUILD!
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Caldera (Hlaalu) Mining Company
No.
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

You see we can't just make lots of guilds. We have a few lore-based ones and we are lacking quests even for them. If we will start making Serpent's, Steed's, Atronach's etc. guild we just won't have enough time to make quests for the main guilds. So we decided that for now we will have only lore-based guilds which already present ingame (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

If quest makers were breaking down the doors here at TR, things would be different. But right now there are very, very few of us...and we really need to get going on the factions that are already made.

As it stands now I just don't see how we can add more guilds...maybe after all the other guilds are done.

(Imperial Cult, Legion, Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, House Telvanni, Morag Tong, Thieves Guild, Tribunal Temple)

-Starcrunch
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Starcrunch is right. We are splitting our brains in half as it is to get the original guilds done. We have a small handfull of quest makers, and oceans of quest thinkers. And that is the problem, we can't take each and every quest, guild and plot, lore-friendly or not, and stick it in the game. We just don't have the capabilities.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.