Should there be a Dark BrotherHood?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Salem_Hlaalu

Should there be a Dark BrotherHood?

Post by Salem_Hlaalu »

I have been thinking to myself. I am in the marog tong in my game ELDER SCROLLS III: MORROWIND GAME OF THE YEAR (for XBOX) i have been doing quests to find out about the dark brotherhood. I am intrigued that there is no joining it thing. I want to join! I love to kill. It is my challenge in the game. I am level 62, and I am a Knower of the Marog Tong. I like this. But I want to kill more. Apprently Eno Hlaalu wont give me more WRITS! I WANT MORE! Please consider a dark brotherhood!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think that there should be the option to join either assassination group and have them figthing off against each other.

Sorta like the great houses, if you understand me.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Due to conflicts with the Tribunal Quest, the Dark Brotherhood will not be made into a joinable faction. In addition their position in the province of Morrowind is much more tenous than in western Tamriel. Perhaps later they can be added in another province, but in Morrowind it does not make sense.

-Starcrunch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yes that did come to mind...Morag Tong is the main power in the assassination industry of morrowind. I dont think either will be powerful in Skyrim due to the Nords settling most of their own disputes. Cyrodill however is (correct me if wrong) mainly dominated by the Dark Brotherhood.
Salem_Hlaalu

Than YOU!

Post by Salem_Hlaalu »

Well at least i got an answer. That is really good. Thank you for helping me out! :)
Thirsk

Post by Thirsk »

well, about the dark brotherhood/mournhold thing, then could the Dark Brotherhood then just turn agains you?
Now, everyone must submit to the Kingdom of the Goblins. Do it now, or we will take your skin and cook it in a fungus stew. Any attempts to resist will be in vain, so don't even try. Silly human.
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

Not without modifying Tribunal Scripts, I'm afraid.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Nope, no joinable Dark Brotherhood. Dexter has spoken.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Wait until Oblivion ships, I hear the Dark Brotherhood are then assassins guild in Cyrodiil as well, and they are fully playable.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'