The Character Occupations Project

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

ok, well as being a bolt-on is mainly about recieving support and co-ordination from the project, ill need to know a bit about what you are working on. send it in a pm, or give me an IM adress.
M1ke
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Assassinace is my messanger name. I just added your msn name to my list so I'll say hi when I see you on.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

wow. I thought scripts were like...four times that much just for something easy...

That's hilariously easy, I might try my hand at some scripting, if it's all so easy as that!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

None of that is enough for the compete thing to work but it's a start.
And as for your thoughts on scripting it isn't that difficult it just takes time.
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

@Assassinance: I have sent a message to Kallikak asking him of his progress...i should get the answer soon...

-BM
Bringing back the old school
BalinMinister

Update

Post by BalinMinister »

Assassinance...i spoke to kalliak today and heres what he said...
last i worked on it, i was retexturing 6 more kanets. mostly, technical issues are being dealt with (ingredients, tasks needed to get new plants, cool stuff you can get for colleting items and ingredients from plants.) um... i don't know, just playing around with it... being slow about it.. sure everyone is used to and expects that from me by now.
-BM
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I guess the best thing would be to ask if he has anything to show so I know if it can be used or not.
(mainly so I know what work to work on and what to put on the backburner. I don't like duplicating work unecissarily :) )
BalinMinister

An answer....

Post by BalinMinister »

Courtesty of Kalliikak who does work here and over at silgrad as well...

Anyways heres a pretty old version of his mod along with the accompanying texures that come along with it...he has written a main quest as well that perhaps could be of some use and i will post that up later as well....

THANKS KALLIIKAK

Link: http://silgrad.alfahosting.org/wbb/wbb/thread.php?threadid=2242&boardid=19

EDIT: I CANT ATTACH IT...lemme know if anyone else can or Ace, just download it.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

For some reason it won't let me download it. Even when I save target as it will only let me download a 2k php file?
BalinMinister

Here it is

Post by BalinMinister »

Its working now..there were some techinical difficulties earlier....there are 3 rar files now...enjoy
Attachments
textures in dds part 2.rar
(345.17 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
textures in dds.rar
(268.01 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
planting projet V0[1].03.rar
(267.05 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

so can we have a synopsis of what has been done, what is being done and what will be done. once i have that it can be made a bolt-on, and we can get other people claiming things to work on.
M1ke
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

Ill post what i can...
okay, little explanation of how the mod should work.

take a seed, plant it, should get a green spell effect. place a water in the container, should get a blue spell effect. in three days, a sprout should be in the pot... water again, three more days, a larger plant, water again, three final days, and the grown plant is there. use one of the plant killing juices to ... kill... the plant and start from scratch if you so choice... if you leave the plant alone, and don't water it once every three days, there should be a message saying the plant died due to a lack of water. the idea is that you have to nurture the plants, but you don't have to revolve your morrowind life around them (unless you really want to)... i'll add more info on whats going on in the next version.

variations currently in the mod... place a gold kanet and heather seed in the pot at the same time to plant a tall heather. with the comberry, add a health potion, magikca potion, or both before the second stage of growth to get three variations of comberry plants... water the gold kanet once every three days and over 10 times total to get a gold kanet with a coral seed in it.

as far as i am concerned, this can be more of a little unofficial sect/cult than an actuall guild. for lots of options i'd like to have:
alchemist - makes the special potions and such for the plants, or special potions from the ingredients
florist - to sell the player seeds and water
botinist - to tell you about the new plants, and create new ingredients out of the ones recieved from the new plants (for instance: turns vigor berries into a red dust that can be added to a gold kanet to create a ruby kanet)
clothier - can make special clothing for the player when given large quantities of certian flowering ingredients
imbuing expert - creates rings, amulets imbued with special properties of the new ingredients you discover with the new plants.
now then, for a bit of concerning stuff. i'd like to make a lot of interesting ways to obtain the new plants... plan is to have the plant growing be associated with an npc or even a guild, so that you'll have people to purchase the special water, seeds, potions and other items used in growing the plants... this is of course necessary since the script cannot account for every bottle of water that might be used in the game and so on.

right now, you can get a new plant by planting two different seeds in the same pot at the same time, you can add enhanced potions to certain plants to get different effects, also, i intend to make certain plants that can only be grown in certain locations (i.e. near heat, near cold, underwater), some plants that need to be planted at certain times (i.e. midnight, summer, june 24 1954), some plants that need to have items added to the soil, or need to be watered a lot, so on and so forth.... any ideas in this department would be great.
ALL COURTESY OF KALLILAK ON THE SILGRAD FORUMS
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Ok rundown of what I have so far.
Several bakery items (Some in need of textures)
Planters mod (Needs conversion to farming)

In addition what is planned but I don't have

Necessities mod (Adds the need to drink, eat, sleep, and also adds getting drunk, baking) (It will however need to be changed a little for TR)

Tanning (Plan is to make a tanners kit, and thread that will let you make armor)

Smithing (metal) (Will use a furnace to smelt, will use forge to make armor and other items)

Smithing (Bonemold) (Will use a bone or bonemeal or shells and resin to make bonemold and other bone armors)

Hunting (Will change your chance to get items off animals based on a skill)

Several other skills that haven't been as fleshed out yet including fishing, carpentry, clothier, jeweler
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

so are you happy for people to claim parts of these individual things?
M1ke
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

is pyriod still with us?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

the whole thing's been confusing to me from the begining. Assassinace, ill just let you sort out what you want. We'll put it up as a bolt-on still (incidentally, forget all that crap about co-ordination and support, dont know what i was smoking, its just a way of organising stuff and stopping people arguing about lore for some things) but you organise if you want people to help you, and what you're doing. Just try and give us some snippets of how the development is going now and again.
M1ke
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

giving us info now and then does mean at least once in a month. we just like to know how these things are going. if its been too much, say so and well just close it down for the time being, no shame attatched.
M1ke
Treeman300

Post by Treeman300 »

Sorry to reactivate an old topic, but it sounded cool, and if its not done yet I would like to help, I'm not too good, but i'll help if I can
4550re0
Orix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Orix »

Sounds like the "Complete Morrowind" mod, which I loved to bits. If you want any inspiration you could look the mod up on Summit and find out who the author is and ask him to share ideas/coding.
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

he won't share... but I can speak with him again :)!

any news on this bolton?

There has been a lot of mods like those before... Maybe we just should gather them and get premittion?
-the real OC G
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

is this bolt on still alive?
-the real OC G
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

I hope so. It looks really promising. I realy like the looks of the carpentry mod.
[url=http://s3.invisionfree.com/FactionsExpanded]Join the Factions Expanded Project![/url]
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

were are we on this now. how much is finished this is really interesting.
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Like most Bolt-on's there really is nothing going on in this project.

-Starcrunch
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

Too bad most bolt-ons are not getting any work done on them. I'd help with this if I knew how to script.
[url=http://s3.invisionfree.com/FactionsExpanded]Join the Factions Expanded Project![/url]
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I thought I had fairly well summed up that this bolt on isn't really being worked on any more. Pyroid left who was in charge of it and for awhile I tried to keep it going and get more help but that didn't work so it's just been sitting on my comp.

What I have is the basic code for baking and most of the item files (Although baking script needs to be cleaned up and correlated with all the made files it more or less works)
Smithing had the concept code written so it worked but had no item files and one leather working had been done and even then not all leather items. However whats needed is just copying and pasting and changing the item name and a few other modifiers.

Necessities of morrowind was made however it changed virtually all of morrowind which is fine but would have to be expanded to all of TR and a few minor adjustments would be needed additionally.

I know how to do many of the other parts as well. The big slowdown is that I got kinda bored working alone and therefore stopped (Not to mention I got strung a bit thin on time for awhile).

To sum it up if anyone wants to put the effort in I still have all the old progress and know how to do pretty much everything I'm just not motivated to do it myself so drop me a line if you want to take over.
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

could you upload what you have done? I can't work on it right now, but I know a group that probably can, and I'm intending to learn morrowind scripting soon.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Umm some of these files are several megs a pop rar format. Here are the more important stuff in a small file. The smith scripts I have to dig up... and the smithy items.
Attachments
tr_bakery_items.rar
(437.92 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

And here's some of the scripting I was doing
Attachments
scripts.zip
(11.24 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Good concept.
If you need any advice and or sugestions(Spelling Sucks) email me at Omen3330@Yahoo.com
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

The goal of this seems very simmilar to the "Complete Morrowind" on Morrowind Summit. I think that if we want to do something in this area, we should look there.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

But ask them before you use their scripts (or variations thereof), okay?
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

If there are already mods that do what we want to do, Ill remind you that they can be recomended, meaning they will get a link alongside the bolt-ons, if three members approve of them being in the list. Mods that are made by people not members, or mods that cause too much controversy to be made as bolt-ons (such as Children mod) by a TR member are all eligible for being recomended. The only mods that cant be recomended are those that directly conflict with TR (landmasses usually).
M1ke
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

I was thinking that the above mentioned mod could be recommended, and that a bolt-on could be made expanding it onto mainland.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What is the status on the spell books? I am a BIG fan of D&D and was actually disapointed hwne their were no spell boks in the game what so ever...
I mean, itjust seemed wrong to have ALL these mages,...and not a single peice of paper other than scrolls keeping what knowledge they had learned of the arcane world.

if there is ANYTHING I can do to help, please let me know...
though, all I really know how to do is Visual Basic (C+ programing basicaly) I took a course for it at school and exempted the exam ;)
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Although there are some similarities between VB and C++ they are still fairly different beasts. That being said if you were able to pick up VB the morrowind scripting engine (whihc is basically an odd and weak version of C++) should be fairly easy. At any rate unless you want to take over the mantle of the charcter occupations mod for now the mod is fairly dead.
Blackblade

Post by Blackblade »

If you want to work with COP, I would advise taking a serious look at the Complete Morrowind mod on the Summit. It seems fufill the purposes of the COP, Although some things could be done better in it. Maybe you could take it an make it aplicable to the Whole province.
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

I have. Ther were also several other mods I looked at. For some stuff I was working with people that did other mods and seeing if we could adapt some of there stuff for TR. However I never wanted to be the main person working on COP and the old person that was the main person left. Since I was the only other one doing much work at the time (although many have contributed) and couldn't get anyone else to help out the project died. I still have all the old work but no desire to finish it. Which is why this thread is here. I have all the old stuff and know what needs to happen but I don't want to do the work so here is the stuff and I will be happy to help out if someone else wants to take over.
Anonymous

Jewellry

Post by Anonymous »

These are just ideas and I think you already will include those, but you could include stuff so that jewellery would use:
Glass
Ebony
Scrap metal
Pearls
Diamons
Rubies
Emmeralds
Dweremer stuff
Soul gems (i know, i know, but they would look good on a necklace)