Stonefalls - Interior List

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Stonefalls - Interior List

Post by Sload »

I noticed that Stonefalls doesn't have a picture and list of interiors in "Map 4 City Interiors." Normally I would've just ignored this, but I remembered Stonefalls from when a friend was running through it and decided to take a better look while writing such a list.

Stonefalls is a most totally awesome city. I absolutely love it, congrats to Kingfish.

Here's a list of interiors (pictures attatched):
1. Temple: Could possibly have some sort of additional complex under the island.
2. Home
3. Manor
4. Manor
5. Manor
6. Manor
7. "The Esential Magic Store"*
8. "Unearthed Clothier"*
9. Fighters' Guild*
10. Home
11. Home
12. "Dancing Cup" Tavern*
13. "The Essential Supply Store"*
14. Mages' Guild*
15. Home
16. Council Hall/Large Manor
17. Home
18 Home
19. Manor
20. Dwemer Ruin (Not part of Stonefalls)
21. Home
22. "Unfortunate Eagle" Tavern*
23. Home
24. Home
25. "Elite Gear Store"*
26. Home
27. Tavern/Restaraunt
28. "Haunted Griffin" Tavern*
29. Home
30. Manor
31. Home
32. Manor
33. Home
34. Home
35. Home
36. Home
37. Home
38. Home
39. Manor
40. Home
41. Home
42. Home
43. Home/Small Manor
44. "Rare Armaments"*
45. "Unfortunate Cup" Tavern*
46. Apartment Complex/Large Manor
47. Home
48. Large Manor/Slave Market
T1: Gate Tower
T2: Gate Tower (If combined with T1, a pathway could link them underneath
T3: Main Guard Barracks
T4: Guard Tower
T5: Guard Tower for entrance
T6: Guard Tower
T7: Guard Tower
*Based on the sign outside the building

For organization, opinions about these buildings will be listed in the next post.
Last edited by Sload on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Opinions (None are meant in offense; infact, none are about the exterior work, just what the interiors would be mostly)

1. Some of the names are a bit..unfitting. They just don't seem like "Morrowind" names. Also "Dancing Cup" doesn't work because Ranyon-ruhn has "The Dancing Jug" already.

2. There are 4 taverns and 1 large restaraunt. There are 6 manors. There are 20 homes. There are 5 shops. Isn't it a bit...wrong that there are the same number of eateries and more manors than regular shops? Not manors so much, but there should only be like 2 taverns, 1 restaraunt, and then the taverns and a house or two made into a shop.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Stonefalls is a cross-roads city IIRC so 4 taverns makes sense (1 Thieves Guild, 1 dirty smugglers den, 1 upper class, 1 middle class decent). But 5 shops is just poor, and it needs to be upped. I do think though the tavern names were only temporary due to the repitition of "Unfortunate" and "Cup" in their names, and griffins aren't in Morrowind IIRC. They could be replaced with more Morrowindian names like "the Drunken Alit", "the Golden Ring", "the Khajiit's Head", "the Rusted Blade", "the Ebony Goblet", "the Chitin ...", etc. (Well, maybe not those names.).
- Interior #12 would be a good middle class tavern because it is accessible and very central relatively speaking.
- Interior #22 would be a good Thieves' Guild base because it's near the edge of the city, and it is out of the way but not in a dodgy area.
- Interior #28 would be would be rich, because manors are nearby and it looks like a decent part of town.
- Interior #45 would be a good lowlife den because it's out of the way but relatively central. Or on the other hand it could make a good middle class tavern also.
Last edited by Nomadic1 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Only one road passing through the city, and a dock. It'd be pretty high on trade through the inner sea, but at the current time it should have major competition from Old Ebonheart just a little to the southeast.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Stonefalls always would have had competition for trade with Old Ebonheart. But Stonefalls is a city in a better position to take advantage of some Redoran and Hlaalu trade than Old Ebonheart. They'd also be some major underground smuggling going on, because it is less busy than OE and the Hlaalu would be likely to support it also.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

#22 is in the middle of the city, that's the way to the docks, not an exit. It's still good for TG, though.

I could write a description of all the interiors if no one minfd.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

first of all, the list in 1.st post isn't complete, there is about 70 ints in total, so you had to miss some. -i'll try to dig up the map & list i made back then.

second: the names are taken from Arena, so imo the best lore-fitting possible [but it could be translated into dunmer].

third: the dancing cup/jug - well, it's not that uncommon to see a name to reapear, some names are just way too popular...

EDIT: you know, it isn't nessesary to for you to go in-game/cs and create a list of ints - for all the cities we have, there is one created by its' maker, just that it can't be found on forum doesn't mean the ints_moderators don't have it.
in this case, map4 ints were already closed for claiming when i finished it, so no update was made in the "avaliable map4 city ints"...

the map:
http://www.mensik.cz/jakub/tamriel/4-1finished/stonefalls%20map.jpg

here is the list&map:
interiors for stonefalls:

note: names are from rodan's research of arena.

town interiors:

1 "unearned provisions" pawnbrooker
2 "haunted griffin" inn
3 "shuron's finest books"
4 "rare armaments" armorer
5 "elite gear store" weaponseller
6 "zirimar moabathil's apotheca"
7 "unfortunate cup" inn
8 "unfortunate eagle" inn
9 "laughing dagger" inn
10 cammona tong
11 "the essential magic store"
12 "unearthed clothier"
13 fighters guild
14 mages guild
15 "the essential supply store"
16 "dancing cup" inn

17 temple [from basement, there is an entrance to the dwemmer ruin]

18-25 guard towers

26-64 housing

65 local seat of house hlaalu

66 local seat of imperials

non-town interiors:

67 ship wreck
68 ship
69 dwemmer ruin [one entrance from exterior, other from temple basement]
Last edited by kingfish on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Names taken from Arena are silly. I cannot call randomly generated names lore. I did combine a couple doors that looked to be the same building, but not enough to make for 20 missing interiors, unless you counted a lot of two-story houses as more than one house, as did occasionally happen in Balmora.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

For Interior #10: There is no Cammona Tong on the mainland of Morrowind. I don't mean to be rude or anything, so if I have been I apologise. That pisses me off though.

Prometheus got into a whole heap of hot water for using Arena names for Narsis. The problem was Arena was random and not as diverse as what modern Morrowind is, so the names they had are lacklustre compared to the style of names in Morrowind.

It's good to see a good number of shops, and Sload's fears allayed though :)
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

well, cammona tong, i don't know where does it come from that it's not on mainland, but whatever; thiefs guild than.

arena names: some are imo pretty good, but if you can think up better ones, be my guest...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I can't :D The Drunken Alit was best attempt.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Um...Nomadic, that is not proven. The entire idea has NO base in lore except that Haplo can twist proof against it's being VF-specific into being meaningly. Furthermore, it is more convienient for them to be on the mainland so that we can have some real conflict.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Haplo has nothing to do whatsoever with whether the cammona tong are on the mainland or not. quit bickering about him.
Anyway, I also believe the cammona tong should have SOME mainland presence - like one little base in stonefalls and another in narsis.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

But the thing is people have been arguing about before a day ago. I would dig up old threads to see what the arguments were before, but I'm lazy.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

In the only other thread I've found the Vvardenfell-Only side was mainly just him with the same arguement. This is off-topic anyways.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Indeed, this argument about the Camonna Tong is off-topic. Have you found the 20ish missing interiors that kingfish says are missing, yet, Sload?

(And yes, that's the correct spelling of the CT.)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Who said it was spelled wrong? I've looked and it's all got to with door counting. It was only about 16 interiors, and they were all from interiors I thought were one. I still think some of them should be one interior, like he has two houses on top of eachother next to an outdoor eatery and a booze drinkin' spot that look like they should be a single restaurant.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I'm seriously laughing because your argumentS (both of you) are just so horrendously pointless.
Anyway, has anyone seen kingfish reccently? we need quite a bit of stuff from him, not just the original list...
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Today is June 19th.

Yesterday was June 18th.

Kingfish posted in this thread on June 18th.