-Animunculi's Concept Art-

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Animunculi

-Animunculi's Concept Art-

Post by Animunculi »

Here's a Daedric dagger with a wolf style grip. Is there any chance of it being a ceremonial/ritualic/sacrificial dagger used by Hounds of Hircine faction. The lighting isn't very good, I tried to fix it, but probably made it worse, because I am just starting to use Paintshop Pro. The dagger is held by that hole in the blade, and it could be used for thrusting the dagger through innocent people's hearts.[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/Animunculi/dagger.jpg[/img]

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome anytime!
Stumpytheguar

Post by Stumpytheguar »

That doesn't look all to comfortable to hold. In fact, it looks like if you actually used it to cut anything, you'd cause a good deal of harm to your own hand. Owch.
Retired - Sept. 15, 2005
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Well, I have seen knives that look like that. The handle part is usualy wrapped in leather to avoid cutting your fingers off. It's not really a pragmatic weapon, the shape puts most thrusting out of the question, and the edge of the blade is so jagged that it would get caught in any material. But, they do design them that way sometimes.
Animunculi

Post by Animunculi »

When you thrust this weapon to a human and you pull that out, it causes a lot of pain to the victim, but takes a lot of strength too. And yes, the grip is wrapped in leather, I am not just too good to draw that, so everyone would understand what it would be. As I said it is probably ceremonical, so people don't use it very often. When you pull it out, then there is lots of blood everywhere, which I think is important when it is a ceremony.
Thirsk

Post by Thirsk »

well, i'we heard of these "Hounds of Hircine" faction, what is it?
good (and a primal) sacrificie dagger
Now, everyone must submit to the Kingdom of the Goblins. Do it now, or we will take your skin and cook it in a fungus stew. Any attempts to resist will be in vain, so don't even try. Silly human.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hmm...hands of hircine in the game are werewolves under the control of the daedra Hircine. Makes his red-carpet appearance in the BM MQ
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

Haplo and Thirsk: Check the Guilds and Factions page, you'll understand.

BTW Animunculi, if you could add some texture/colour(steel/leather/etc) I'll take a look at it and see whether it can go into the long list of Hound's equipment I want making.

The Hounds of Hircine faction isn't going to be in Morrowind, but in Skyrim, I believe, so there's no rush :D.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]