Uldar's Concept Art

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Wow...........wordless
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Hey all, long time no see...

Been a bit busy of late, what with my scripting of quests and all that, but I am on a very brief hiatus from that. So here is a new piece of art from me. A Sutadee for the Argonian sub-species.

Soon to follow will be a statue of St Aralor (as per Stalker's request) and then a Dark Seducer which will hopefully be made for a key role in an upcoming quest line :D

and now, without further ado...

[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_181911.jpg[/img]
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

The Artist Formerly Known As Uldar Gerzae
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Perfect ! I really need to sweep through the forum and collect all new concept art to be posted on the main page.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

I have done that... I sent it to Zephyr.
-the real OC G
Vyvara Araneae
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vyvara Araneae »

As always, excellent work, my dear. The primal simplicity of this Argonian's costume and weapon especially appeal to me. I was glad to see that you have included this in the Black Marsh-related concept art thread. :)
[url=http://thebluequeen.bravehost.com][img]http://a146.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/l_4424b83f00b96927698e547d14390aa9.jpg[/img][/url]

"I don't know if I should be honored to be the first one created, or angry that I'm a puddle of ejaculate." -Dexter (02.05.06)
Timito

Post by Timito »

Bloody hell, that's amazing! I like the spear. Great job.
Cjad the Nord

Post by Cjad the Nord »

I hope you don't mind my question, but what do you use to color your pictures? Is it by hand, or with a computer program (which is my guess).
Pwn: "The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear."
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

photoshop I believe
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

Majra is correct. The Herne, the non-sketch Sacrificial Dagger and the Sutadee were all done in photoshop. Hand drawn and painted with the use of a digital tablet.

The Morphoid Daedra and the Female Nordic Mithril Armor pieces are water color paintings. The Spider Daedra is a pencil drawing, as is the sketch of the Sacrificial Dagger.
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

Cjad the Nord

Post by Cjad the Nord »

Indeed... 8o

I am humbled before your sketchery. I've taught myself as far as I can go with sketching, there's no way I can reach your potentional on my own.
Pwn: "The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear."
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

As promised, here is St. Aralor (also placed in the Saint Statues concept art thread).

[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_183146.jpg[/img]

Thanks again everyone for your compliments

To Cjad I would say, you are as far as you can be currently. No one can teach you how to draw, it is the product of continued practice. I have seen your work and you are doing a fine job, keep it up.

Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

holy shit uldar, I knew you were good, but, fuckin ay man, this is beautiful, I think this should be incorporated in as many things as possible, Tapestries, armor, books, This paint is amazing

Suggested title The Submission of St. Aralor
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Uldar, you're the man! That's some of the finest art I've ever seen on these forums. Can't wait to see what's coming next...(it is what I hope right?)

-Starcrunch
Zephyr
Developer Emeritus

Post by Zephyr »

I've added the others save for herne and st. aralor to the front page, because they're so difficult with their backgrounds and all. Do you have any versions without the backgrounds?

Awesome stuff though.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Uldar wrote:And here is my take on the Sutadee...

[img]http://www.artwanted.com/images/large/17853_181911.jpg[/img]
What I love about your concept art in particular is that you make it so easy for one to visualise the subject matter in three dimensions. Uldar if you get time, would you be able to make this one in the form of the concept sketch on the bottom of [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Vernon_Gedanken/Concept%20Art/Page2.jpg]this[/url] page? Just really quick sketches - no colour, just outlines. Its just that it will help with modelling, which I hope to do now that I have Character Studio fully registered.
Last edited by Vernon on Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welp
ferrigno

Post by ferrigno »

thats some realy amazing stuff, great shading tecnqique. how long does it take you to draw those pictures? :)

ferrigno.
________
[url=http://www.insurance-forums.org/political-risk-insurance/]Political risk insurance forum[/url]
Last edited by ferrigno on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Hey Uldar, anything new in the works? I'm starving for more of your increadible work
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

8) Thats some sweetass art you got there i wonder what one of your bows would look like. :shock: :shock:
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

this is some awsome concept art.
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

How the hell do you do that?
DarkEclipse

Post by DarkEclipse »

Oooh, Upsilon is even wondering.
Saibot
Developer

Post by Saibot »

these are great! In fact they may be too great... Do you work for the government?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

... Wow. (I've never said that before)

I love the different techniques. That's inspired me to do some concept art, although I won't, because I'm lazy. Obviously nowhere near as good as yours *grovel, grovel, kiss, kiss*
Silverwood
Developer

do

Post by Silverwood »

Those are amazing. How do you do the coloring, those are fantastic! I've gotta learn how to color mine in like thaT!