Map 1 offtopic posts

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Definatly not by the end of this weekend. Next week is a more posible date. I've got 2 last exams to pass.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Well, it's been nearly 2 weeks how soon will it be done? I ask this because, starting Saturday, I have only 1 barbeque planned for a whole 11 days. That's like 6-10 hours a day I can work on quests if the map is done.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Ask Majra. The sooner he will fix OoTv2, the sooner I will start fixing Map1.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

so is this map finally done? I remember people worling on this 1 year ago. If its finished, that's great.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No, it is far from being finished. Stalker has it now.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

What's the deal with....

a.)LOTS of OoT Errors in Firewatch interiors.... (all files copied to correct directories..)

b.) Clone Dialouge (dialouge from cloned NPCs) a.k.a there are no local services or specific place topics for the new regions......

c.) Missing Bal Oyra NPCs

and

d.) floating Telvanni housepods near Bal Oyra fort?
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

What's the deal with people not posting errors in the right forums...

Please see the link in the first post.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I KNOW, but i posted here because this should be addressed in the next download.
-Hippocrates
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Then post it in errors and it will.

Noirgrim: There are a lot of things that people do which we can't understand. Being antisocial even though you're in charge of many people, for example. Taking quantity over quality. Approving crap into the mod and then not fixing it in "detailing."

</vent>
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Sounds like someone wants my job.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

No. I want your job done well. I don't care who does it.

Let's look around two "finished" maps. 1 and 5. The former you detailed and fixed as well, correct? Let's direct our attention to the vertex shading around Gah Ouadaruhn. Or the road from Firewatch to Bal Oyra. Or maybe the Telvanni Islands.

Oh, what's that on Map 5? Do I see an enormous crapfest: an enormous complex complete with a mixture of Velothi, Dwemeri, and Imperial architecture, a stupid maze using invisowalls, and a freakish quest involving corprus? This is possibly the biggest disgrace to TESIII I have ever seen in any mod.

And you're possibly the most distant member of the project, a great quality for an admin.

Could I do a better job? Well, I wouldn't let what I've seen pass review.

Am I a better exterior moderator? Hell no. I hate exterior work.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Fine, I'm done. Let's see TR work without me. You know why I'm not on the forums? It's because I'm working in TESCS. But ok. Find someone to do my job. Bye
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Noirgrim wrote:...You know why I'm not on the forums? It's because I'm working in TESCS...
But no one knows that, Noirgrim! All I know about you is that you never post, you can make exteriors really fast, and you (apparently) hardly even review things before merging them.

See you at Disneyland.
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Now, this makes me mad. Noirgrim is the *no* 1 modder out there, no doubt about it. Not a single person in this project put as much work into it like he's done, and you dare critizise it like this? I'd say shut up, you have no clue about how much work is needed to make something like this, heck, even I've put loads of work into map 1 alone, but I can't even begin to imagine how much time good ol' Noir spent on it. Now, if you're so bloody great then try to do it yourself. I'd bet you a fortune on the fact that you would drop 1/10 through what Noirgrim accomplished so far. If you made him leave the project, well, I can only say TR is doomed, unfortunately.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

You fool! I've been a tolerant member long enough! I agree wiht Kothloth! Your welcomer status needs questioning! I am sure you have a point, but flaming Noir was NOT acceptable!
-Hippocrates
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Kothloth, by no means have I ever attempted to make Noirgrim leave this project, nor have I ever claimed that I can match his skills at exterior modding. Infact, I said the exact opposite thing in my previous post.

I am sure that Noirgrim has worked hard, but can you explain all of the absolutely vile exteriors that have been approved or not revoked by Noirgrim? Why does he refuse to have things properly fixed? Progress? Bah.

Swiftoak, don't call me a fool again.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

You made him leave!

And sorry if i offended you, it was just....
-Hippocrates
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Maybe because these "vile" claims was approved over 2 years ago when the reviewing board had about as much experience and structure as a rock have about swimming? Phah, recovering map 1 to this point have been nothing else then a miracle, if you ever get your hands on the "original" map 1 release, you'll understand perfectly
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Kothloth, do something!
-Hippocrates
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

so THIS is why noirgrim left? God, omicron... I dont think i can say anything I feel like saying now without being banned.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload