Admin Stepping Down

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Admin Stepping Down

Post by Noirgrim »

After 3 years as a die hard ES3 modder, and all the work I have put into TR, there are too many people here that take for granted how far we have come and how much work has gone into the project, done by myself and the great modders before me. If there are people out there that think TR can be something better than it is, please step up and spend the next three years of your life making TR the best it can be.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Dont listen to that big buffon! He's a bully and nothing more! And if you leave....I shall be sad....You were a great member...a gr eat modder, even i I was only here for six months....
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Omicron (aka Sload Lord) had no right to say that. Hes always pissing everyone off, you just have to ignore him and get on with doing your bit. Dont leave us!!!
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

If i was here for another three years, and submitted fifty claims, i'd step up...
-Hippocrates
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I wasn't here the entire time but we've made a lot of progress. Don't think I don't respect what was done. Because I do respect the effort put in to this project.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

And those who dont like it can rot in Oblivion!
-Hippocrates
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Jale wrote:Omicron (aka Sload Lord) had no right to say that. Hes always pissing everyone off, you just have to ignore him and get on with doing your bit. Dont leave us!!!
Yeah. You should people like that. Nothing's ever good enough for them!
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Nah, don't think that this incident alone is enough for Noir to make such a decision. I understand his reasons, and as I both agree with them and feel that Noir was about the only one left in the project to motivate me to go on, I guess I'll have to take my final leave as well. I did some work on map 4, so if someone ever takes that part over, contact me and I'll supply that person with whatever I finished. We've both had a great time during our participation in the project, I am sure, but nothing can last forever. I think we've done as much as we could and I hope the rest of you can finish this off. Surely, two oldtimes like us leaving wont have such a great impact on the project? Heck, since we never spent time on the forums anymore we hardly know what's going on these days, and I can probably not recognize even 1/10'th of the faces around here.

Best of luck to you all.

(Btw, I was going to make a definitive leave in a month due to studies aynways ;) )
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I am sure this is a decision that you do not make lightly, and appologize for any of my statements which may have been directly involved in the matter. Your work will never be forgotten Noirgrim, and I am sure that you have made well over 1000 cells.

May your next three years be happy ones. I promise that I shall devote myself to the project until it's death, my removal from it, or February 2008.

And may I request that comments about me be sent through PMs, please?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Well don't know what's going on but I know we would be nowhere near where we are if it wasn't for you. Well maybe near but you've done a ton of work and will be missed if you leave.
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

Just a question for people who leave in general:

Now that you've freed up a metric shitload of time, do you have any interest in actually playing the mod (For the purposes of the question, assume the existence of playable content)?

I understand for a lot of the people who invest a lot of time in the CS, the fun/interest is in world-building rather than gameplay. Still, it seems wrong on some basic level. All work and no reward. Then again, I'm the sort who'd want to play something.
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Sad to see you go Noir. I know we do not exactly have the same outlook on how to get things done, and while I personally might do things differently, you have still done an unbelievable amount for this project. Any project needs people who can get stuff done in addition to people who can dream stuff up, and you've one of the best at getting stuff done around here. You have certainly earned my respect many times over.

As for people making comments that piss you off. Either (a) they're wrong, and are just being an ass, and can just be ignored because they're dumb, or slightly more difficult (b) they're right to some degree, but are just phrasing things in an insulting manner, in which case, well they're still kind of an ass, but they're less dumb. Just tell them they're attitude is rude, and though they are right, they aren't going to have anyone listen to them or like them acting that way.

And to clarify Earl's units for people who live in the USA, a metric shitload is 10.23% greater than a customary shitload.
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I'm really sorry to see you leaving, Noir and Koth, while your presence on the forums, like so many other hard-workers, was minimal, you've done an amazing amount of work on this project, and inspired those of us who have less tolerance toward hard work.
two oldtimes like us leaving wont have such a great impact on the project?
Don't talk such rot, you'll be missed greatly.

Hopefully you'll return.

Graff

*salutes*
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Lord Elias
Reviewer

Post by Lord Elias »

Now sad am I. :( But it had to happen one day...Valuable members of the project keep leaving,and that's a fact you just can not control.Sadly...Noir,Koth,Goodbye.Don't forget to visit sometimes.To see how is it going.Good luck to you both. :P
:)
Arondil Rethan

Post by Arondil Rethan »

This saddens us all. Even those, who have been around only a short moment, like me. It is always a great loss, when someone really devoted to his/her work steps down from the project. You know, that devotion keeps the project alive.
Any objections?
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

i really hope you guys will eventually reconsider your decision.
anyway, thanks for all the work you both have done for tr.

and come back soon...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

This was all Sload's fault! He-

Cuts himself in mid sentence.

I'm sorry Sload.........But I'm still sad to see Noir and Koth go....

If you are looking for an enthuastic member in the core, i'm always free....If you want.
-Hippocrates
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

It is the way the project works: people step down, and people take their place. We all miss Yinnie, but we have learned to deal with it.

The project will still be completed, even if a couple good people leave.
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

I'm very sad to see you both go.

Noir, I still remember reviewing your claim on Map-1 and how good it was compared to all the ones around it. I'm sad that your leaving.

Koth, I miss the time on IRC we spent, if not much, was entertaining, and your enthusiasm for the project.

Miss you both.
(Day-kin)
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Shit, Noir, now I am about the most senior member on TR! Damn, I never expected you, of all people, to go ...

Anyway, best of luck to you both, Koth and Noir. :)

And Noir, your work for TR wil not be forgotten. You did half of maps 1 and 2 by yourself, after all, and patched up the Silgrad gap.

Bye.
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Sad to see you go, Noir. Respect.
welp
sxotty
Developer

Post by sxotty »

ARg, dagnabit.

Well such is life. Enjoy the real world eh... anyway thus is often the path of the overly ambitious mod...
cells completed: 39
claims 6-20;6-19
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

sxotty ... TR is different. People change, the mod remains. that's how it is. How it's always been and always will be.

None of the founders are left. The second generation of moderators is waning and the third coming into the core. Yet we're still alive, aren't we?
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

And I almost forgot, farewell to you too, Koth. Sad to see you go, but I hope you've had good times.

We'll see what we can't do about finishing this little province up for you two rigth quick, eh?
Yinnie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Yinnie »

My dearest friends Koth and Noir, may the Gods look kindly upon you. Good luck in everything you do :)

Yin.
this s*** is bananas...b-a-nan-a-s..
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

christ, two admins leaving at once! well, best of luck in the future to both of you, and thank you for all the work you've done for the project. :)
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Who will take thher place?

Oh, and forgot to say...Good luck to you all.......
-Hippocrates
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Don't make a big thing out of the "oh noes, *two* admins leaving at the same time!", I kinda stepped down almost half a year ago or so but never bothered to make it official. Been lurking in the shadows and made some work here and there, but that's probably over, marked with this post.
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

That's too bad.

Even if you were fading away, it was nice to see familiar names once in a while. I hate having to learn new names. Er... nothing against everyone who joined since my absence. Quite a testament to the mod, though; it keeps marching on.
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.

Post by Guest »

noirgrim was the only one who explained to me why i was banned twice.... i will miss him
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkEclipse

Post by DarkEclipse »

Wow... This is really going to slow us down.

I hope we can find someone who can do as good as a job Noir got done.
Saibot
Developer

Post by Saibot »

If you imediatly know the candle light is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.
ChickenHawk

Post by ChickenHawk »

:( don't go, no-one.
cool
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Good Luck to you guys, and come back for Oblivion :D
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

My Last Post in this thread/and a last appeal:

DONT GO!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I GO DOWN ON MY KNEES AND BEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Hippocrates
Valendil Enatari

Post by Valendil Enatari »

Okay listen... I'm new to the Tamriel Rebuilt forums and concept, and frankly, what I see here, and what I seen happened earlier, discouages me. In fact, I'm kinda disgusted. I've seen some of Noirgrim's work, and, it looks really good. And as for you Omicron, what possessed you to say that? My god, you admited yourself that you can't/don't like exterior modding, so why rant other peoples work, when you don't contribute to that part of the project. And maybe he had a reason for the Corprus quest and all of the different housing and architecture. So please, quit arguing and fighting like children, and work out your differences. You'll never get new members like this, this kinda makes me regret joining, as I feel as if anything I submit will be critized.

Sorry, but as the newest member this disgusts me and saddens me. I thought this would be a really happy place.

I know that this post may be kind of out of place, but just look at yourselves. If I would have know about this, I probably wouldn't have joined. And I know I may be the newest member, but this is my opinion. Noir, Koth, even tho I don't really know you, from what I hear, the work you guys have put in, the project and it's people will miss you greatly.
Ooh look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the magical man, from happy land, who lives in a gum drop house on lollypop lane! -Homer Simpson, the King of Sarcasm.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

This thread is ugly, I know. The issue here is a conflict between a lack of manners and a lack of enjoyment.
But don't let this discourage you. Noir is leaving, and this means we may progress slower with exteriors. Or who knows, maybe we will progress faster. But what I can guarantee is that TR will now be a more community-driven, friendly, accessable atmosphere.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Kudos, Noir, Koth. It was great having you around.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Koth, Noir ... best things to you both ....
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Alraz-Ka

Post by Alraz-Ka »

I'm new here, so I don't if this will mean anything to you Noirgrim, but thank you for all the work you've put into TR. Goodbye.