Concept art request: Saint's statues

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

2Cjad
I think on the banner he's drawn with his hands down... and all those flags wrapping him...
2Uldar
First thing I notice before saying "Wow" is that he's missing a leg :p
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Uldar

Post by Uldar »

What?!? You mean to tell me with all that lore knowledge you're supposed to have you never heard the Story of how St. Aralor lost his leg? Well sit right back, son, and let me enlighten you...

You see it all started because o' dat whole bit 'bout doing da circuit o' pilgrimages on his knees, foolish criminal dat he was (as you all should know, da best criminals is unknown, as dey never was caught, and Aralor was de most famousest criminal o' dem all, 'cause he was caught many a time.) Anywho, it were somewhere on da pilgrimage from dat mask in Gnisis to da fields in da Ascadian Isles, what's da name o' dat place agin? Well-y-well, I reckon it don't matter none as, you all should know da place.

Well da road were a long one and being dat our boy were walking it on his knees and all, he purt near wore his po' legs down to bloody stumps. And right about time he were roundin' da bend to dat der shrine, a big ol' mudcrab caught wiff o'his meaty wounds and came a runnin'.

Oh, were dat you coulda seen the 'sperssion on ol' Aralor's face when mista mudcrab came afta 'im. Day started a runnin' back and forth all over da place. Up da hills, down da hills. Over here, over der, purt near everywhere. But mista mudcrab was hot on 'im as Aralor were still on his knees (damn fool).

Round about dis time a kwarma sees all da excitement and decides it might well as join in on da fun. So it comes a squirshing along outta da bushes, but ol' St. Aralor be lookin' da oder way at da moment and done tripped over dat kwarma and dats when da mudcrab cothced 'im.

In no time flat dat 'ol mudcrab was a gnawin' away at mista Aralor's po' legs. But Aralor weren't takin to kindly to such treatment, so he snatched up dat lil' kwarma fella and started beating on da mudcrab wit it like it were a club.

Now as you all should know, mudcrabs shells a might hard, so dis mudcrab din'a make no neva mind bout being slapped around by no kwarma. By da time mista Aralor done recognized dis fact dat mean ol' mudcrab had et off most a one o' his legs. Dats when da idea pops up in Aralor's bean ta feed da kwarma to da mudcrab. And ya know what? It worked!

While mista mudcrab was a busy munchin' away on dat kwarma fella, ol' St. Aralor done pulled himself away and sneaked off. And ya know, not once did he get up of-a his knee. He done completed da rest o' da pilgrimages a hoppin' along on dat one knee.

And dat kiddies is how St. Aralor lost his leg

Actually, there was so little to be drawn of the other leg, (you would have only seen his toes come down, which looked a little strange) so I opted to leave it out :lol:
I have decided to change my name to Art, that way everything I do will be a work of Art!

The Official 'Howitzer Wielding Jazz Musician' of the Tamriel Rebuilt Forums (est. 3/19/05)

The Artist Formerly Known As Uldar Gerzae
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Now THAT was funny :)

Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Ummm.... I dont think that this story follows lore. You can clearly see his leg in the banner image. Where did you find this story? Your'e going to have to back this up with info from TIL, I doubt it complies with lore. Also, you will want rewrite this story because it dosent fit in tamriel

For the record, that was all BS, I'm not stupid. Nice pic
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Indeed. :wink: You really should check this story out lorewise :roll: It really doesn't fit :wink: :D
Cjad the Nord

Post by Cjad the Nord »

Sorry. I kinda took a bit of creative liberties, I had no idea they were going to perfectly mimic the banners. Olm's and Delyn's statues were pretty irregular alongside the banner, I thought I'd make Llothis appear more acceptable as a statue.

I'll try and work on something else.
Pwn: "The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear."
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

I was just thinking that with his hands down banners around him could be made more beautiful...

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Here's my effort on Nerevar ( showing some skin ).
I tried to make him look proud and humble in the same time.
Attachments
Neraver Statue.jpg
(222.55 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Wow scumbag, that pic looks exactly like renaisanse/16th century lithograph! How did you do it?

-PS. That was a compliment by the way, I guess you could misinterprite it
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Influences from the Soul Reaver trilogy, plus I'm a fun of gothic, both music and style (no, I'm absolutely NOT like marilyn manson).
Glad you liked it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im not sure if we should follow the banners too closely since some are duplicated and also all seem to be from the same time...and unless all the saints were around at the same time its not likely they are accurate.
Túrelio
Developer

Post by Túrelio »

I may be wrong, but I don't believe Saint Relms is an actual saint, atleast not one that made it to the final stages in the game. I dont think the saint is mentioned in "Lives of the Saints" and his shrine isn't anywhere, last time I checked, that is why it has the same image of Saint Nerevar.

Veloth and than Nerevar would be the two oldest saints, the rest of them came about after Nerevar's death, under the Tribunal. I think it is save to say that most of their images are fairly accurate, while Veloth and Nerevar are up for major interpetation. This also means that more than likely the Temple and modern Dunmer don't really know what they would have looked like either, keep that in mind when making potential statues.

I think some of you guys might remember my concepts of Nerevar and Veloth, if they're not around anymore I will be happy to post them again. I might try my hand on a few of them, I will let you know what I come up with.
My Art: [url]http://demi-urgic.deviantart.com/[/url]
deathmastersnitch

edit

Post by deathmastersnitch »

edit god dam me i should ont of been away ofr so long lol well ill do anougher pic of anougher saint
"when you close your eyes, is it hell you see?"