Gadave Molothre's Lost Journal

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Gadave Molothre's Lost Journal

Post by PoHa! »

Gadave Molothre's Journal

(Several of the pages before the first appear to have been hastily torn out, and the cover itself seems to be held together by the mold that covers it.)

Day 4:
We've managed to find some decent food, though the air is so humid here that we were forced to burn some paper, and I've placed too many important notes at the end of this journal to burn, so the first three days will be lost. Not much more than biting insects, walking through muck, swimming through a river, and that stop at that tiny abandoned town, though. It's worth it for a good meal, finally. What I wouldn't give to find some civilization out here. That abandoned shack-town didn't help much with our supplies, and days old scrib jerky and hound meat from a cloth sack just doesn't taste right.
Of all the places that I've set out to search for, I've got to say that this expedition to find Sotha Sil has been the least pleasurable. I'd much rather explore Arkngthand for the 12th time than be sent out to this blasted maze of endless trees and ferns again. I can't remember when last it was that I saw the sun without it being filtered through by these damn trees.

DAMN INSECTS!

Day 5:
Ugh! What a restless night. There are things in this jungle that no man should have to deal with, and I'm certain that half of them walked through our camp in the dark. I hope to make much progress today, though. Everyone seems to be in high spirits, despite the disturbances.

Day 6:
Yesterday was at last a quick day. We seemed to travel a lot of ground, and finally found a scalable tree upon which to judge our position (It turns out we're 'East of the river, and there's trees all around,' Bah!). All of that was turned to dust, however, as three of the slaves escaped, and two good men suddenly came down with some sort of sickness. The others and I tended to them all night, the poor bastards. At the most, we can lose one, but even that would be a horrid blow. That damn alchemist said that he could make a potion to heal any sickness, but now he says he can't find the right ingredients. I almost wish that I'd hired a nord, so he could threaten to "cleave his skull" or some other barbaric remark.
Today we're simply going to scout the surrounding area for any form of decent shelter. There's something unsettlingly rank in the air, and if nothing else, we should find our way away from the source.

Day 9:
The past few days have been a grueling trial for me. While scouting the area three days ago, Gilin and I lost our way. We were certain that we hadn't gone far, but we must have gotten turned around, and we disagreed upon the right way back to camp. In the end, I convinced him to follow me my way, and the endless trees and flora swallowed us. Certain that it was now nighttime, Gilin suggested that we make camp where we were. He volunteered to gather wood, but never returned. Worse, I could hear his screams eminating from the jungle, and the horrid growl of whatever certainly consumed him.
I've ran unending these past few days. When I turned and looked, I could catch a glimpse of something. Now I've collapsed, barely able to write I can hear it rustling the ferns... brushing against the bark... it sounds like its coming n

(There are several blank pages, but the last pages in the book have been torn out)

-___________________________________________________-

Copied directly from the book that I currently have it in in my claim. It's actually a journal of a week or two working on the claim, only it was translated into a more useable format (i.e. "Damn Insects!" was from a night when several gnats happened to have invaded my house, and "I've ran unending these past few days" was based on the fact that for a few days I didn't sleep much at all...)

Ready for review, comments, questions, etc...

[Edit]Now no longer includes weird <BR> things to interrupt your reading! <BR>
[/Edit]
Last edited by PoHa! on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

A name could be something like "Abandoned Journal", "Lost Journal", or something along those lines. Pretty good read :)
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Yes, I was thinking something like that, but I also wanted it to relate to the dead explorer who was ripped to shreds by the ravenous creatures of the jungle.

Hey! That would be a good title! "Journal of a Dead Explorer Who Was Ripped to Shreds by the Ravenous Creatures of the Jungle" !

nah... that won't work. He was more of an Archeologist than an explorer...

How about "Lost Archeologist's Journal" or "Diary of a Forgotten Explorer"? "Forgotten Archeologist's Journal"?
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

You could invent him a game name, such as Pontilius Haber if he was an Imperial or Povayn Hasatim if he was a Dunmer, and name it <Name>'s Journal. After all, you have Peke Utchoo's Last Notes.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Eh what? Peke Utchoo's Last Notes is Bethesda Literature, and not included in my claim, as far as I know. Checking...not found. If you found Peke Utchoo's Notes while exploring my claim, please post where they are in my claim progress thread.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

No, what I mean is that it was OK to have the scroll or book named after someone even if the player has actually no reason to know the name. I didn't meant you had that in your claim.

Sorry for the confusion; although I'm rather proud of my English skills, it's still a foreign language for me and some sayings or expressions don't always translate easily. :)
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Ah, yes, I see now. If you hadn't told me english was foreign to you, I wouldn't have known, so you seem to have it down pretty well, if you ask me.

The reason I was thinking that you had found that note in my claim was that I made a new note that used the same mesh as Peke Utchoo's, I believe. But its good to have all things cleared up.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
ThorFluff

Post by ThorFluff »

what he is trying to say is:
look at "Peke Utchoos notes" for example, there you have the name of the writer in the notes itemname even though the player shouldn't be able to know it.

so his suggestion is that you make up a name for the dead explorer, and name the note "<name>'s notes"
Works in Progress:
i4-17-Red ; The Fine Clothiere
i4-16-Red ; The Bachelor Pad
Finnished:
Ironbane ; The disintegrate armor spellbook
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

*Ahem*
But its good to have all things cleared up.
I understood what he was saying when I typed that sentence.

[Edit]Changed the post to hopefully avoid anymore confusion[/edit]
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
ThorFluff

Post by ThorFluff »

You could invent him a game name, such as Pontilius Haber if he was an Imperial or Povayn Hasatim if he was a Dunmer, and name it <Name>'s Journal. After all, you have Peke Utchoo's Last Notes.

The reason I was thinking that you had found that note in my claim was that I made a new note that used the same mesh as Peke Utchoo's, I believe. But its good to have all things cleared up.

i didn't mean to say "hehe you have pekes notes!"
its more of a "look at pekes notes for example"
sorry if i confuse more than i sort out :P
Works in Progress:
i4-17-Red ; The Fine Clothiere
i4-16-Red ; The Bachelor Pad
Finnished:
Ironbane ; The disintegrate armor spellbook
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Bloody Hell.

It's been cleared up. No confusion. Let's stay away from Peke's notes now. Let's focus more on the journal entries, and the fact that I have a real title for it. Might someone give me more feedback regarding it, or review it for addition into BoT? Please?
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

I'm just curious about where the claim is. I mean, where they went looking for Sotha Sil.

This would be a unique book, and the general practice on those seems to be putting them in a claim onesself rather than OoT.
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Argon Jungle, the largest claim of it and basically the western part of it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Yes, as Sload said. I've seen maps that place the City of Sotha Sil at the very least close to the Argon Jungle, and I thought that someone must have read of it's location from some old book, and decided to go off exploring for it. Gadave Molothre will be missed...

Actually, I've already placed it, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't be improved upon, added to, shortened, or the entire idea disliked by the TR community, and thus I thought I'd post it here. I'll have to edit out the <BR>'s and other to make it nicer to read, methinks...
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter