i3-280-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-280-Imp

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-280-Imp (#801)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: adamantum
Files: TR_i3-280-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-280-Imp_adamantum_5.esp

---

Old Ebonheart West #16. Mages Guild: http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7383/oewestmap.jpg

Exterior can be found here http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40 use the last file on page 2 of the thread.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Revoked, digigrape was only here for 1 day in April.

-Starcrunch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Speculative maps? I know that scrolls can have images in them, but how does one do it?
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Look up the Guide to Ald'ruhn in your TESCS, it should answer your question. :)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I can't find the folder that the .tgas have to be stored in, though.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'll make it very Akaviri-obsessed, and I can maybe do up some maps if someone explains to me where the images must be kept (search turns up nothing for the City Guide images). If there are already any Lore maps of Akavir, feel free to point me to them :) I may add in some short articles on Akavir that the scholar has collected over the time, if I'm feeling creative enough. I'll have those run through the literature section as a single post, if so.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

It's "BookArt".

Also note that, while it works for Bethesda's BSAs, BSAs made with [url=http://members.optusnet.com.au/argent2/mw/tools/browser.html]Argent's BSA Browser[/url] cannot contain BookArt files.

(I use that excellent software to switch more easily between both OoT esm files, each has its associated bsa file that contains all the Meshes, Textures and Icons, and then it's a simple renaming of the two sets of two files to switch.)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

So if I drop the .tgas in the BookArt folder, it should work regardless of the fact that Bethesda uses the .BSAs? I see some book images in there from Tusar, which I assume worked.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Okay, have a shot at this. Ask the BoT guys for any maps they have. Use OoT and in-game stuff only, no external meshes. No NPCs, scripts or uber loot and items either, please.

Granted, happy modding! :)
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_datafiles.rar (6.6 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (95.1 KB)

And OoT_Old_v1.tar.gz instead of OoT_Main which Hermit recommended. For that he receives a trout slap.
-Stalker
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think I'm going to need to unclaim this for now. I'm encountering problems with reloading the interior after adding EoT or OoT items to it. I've tried reinstalling the two packs as well as Morrowind, but it isn't working.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

bump, don't want this to fall away with people thinking there's work being done on it :P
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

ah! hahaha! i want this claim! quick somebody put it in Unclaimed for me!
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Revoked...
welp
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Ok, i'll take it. I will do as it says in the description. Basically, that's it. Lots of Akaviri stuff, may take me a while to find all kinds of stuff like that but i'll manage.

:D

--Mass--
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

I'm sure you will, Massey. Good luck in finding stuff, and happy modding!
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_datafiles.rar (7.6 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Old_v1.tar.gz (56.7 MB)
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

The Asian sounding whatever weapons are Akaviri, you can have a few bolted down ones (as long as they're bolted down so the player can't get them.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Done with this now, I didn't put in any maps, just too complicated. There are books on Akavir and some weapons i also encluded a readme cause there has to be a guard in just becuae there is a glass katana and it shouldn't be left unguarded.

--Mass--
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

submitting
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: -Has some Caldera cells undeleted in TESAME
-The TR rugs don't look good.
-Needs a lot detail!
-The two papers on top of eachother bleed a little bit
-Second floor dining table's candlestick bleeds into table

Comments Fix the above errors and really detail this and it'll be perfect.

Rating
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

TESAME: Dirty (three caldera cells have been touched)

Fits exterior: No. The entry door is, when facing the house's facade, to the left, but when you enter you are to the right. Otherwise the geometry is OK. (While the inside is bigger than outside, but that's true of all Bethesda buildings, and proportions are respected).
Northmarker set: No (there's a Northmarker but it's not set correctly: angle is 180, should be 270)

Review: In-TESCS look:

One of the ingred_bread_01 visibly sinks into another.

Minor bleeding between two TR_M3_MM_Notes_Akavir on the furn_com_r_table_01.

Said TR_M3_MM_Notes_Akavir claims in their meta-description they are books, but they are simple leaflets.

Architecture elements (rooms, walls, doorjambs, etc.) doesn't appear to be gridsnapped. In fact they are, but with a 47.034 X shift and a 11.023 Y shift. To solve that, just click on one architectural element and then lasso-select everything (making sure the architectural element stays the one referred to in the status bar), and shift it a bit with grid snapping set to 64 or a greater power of 2. Such a select-all-and-move was probably made with a furniture item as the object of reference, causing this shift.

Reshifting them in place is essential if it's decided to fix to exterior correspondance problem, since it'll require moving the rooms around a bit to "mirror" the current ground floor.

Cosmetical notes and things that don't need to be changed unless you're a maniacal perfectionnist:

The in_nord_fireplace_01 fireplace looks a bit odd in the rich room, maybe replace it with an in_imp_fireplace_grand, it would blend more nicely with the wooden panels.

The quill stands perfectly vertical in the ink vial.

The furn_log_03 are also perfectly aligned and stacked, both in the fireplace and next to it (I know from experience fire can't burn if it doesn't have some space to breath between the logs).

Nobody's ever going to notice it in-game, but the light_com_candle_10's height should be 14479.15 for it not to sink in the furn_com_r_table_01.

The weapons must be perfectly balanced because they stand on their hilt, with handle and blade floating. You may either painfully give them X and Y rotations to compensate, or more simply put some misc_de_foldedcloth00 under them (will have to raise the weapons a tiny bit then).

In-game look:

No further errors noticed.

Comments Not bad, it's just sad there was a confusion with the door. The northmarker error is easy to fix, but for the door placement, it'll be simpler to change the exterior.

Also, some rugs are ugly, but I think that's an OoT bug that will be fixed eventually, so I didn't mentionned it in the review. (They have ugly black stripes that are probably supposed to be transparent, an alpha channel issue in the texture I think.)

Rating
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

I fixed up all the errors, but again, these reviewers are saying that the plugin is dirty, but in the TESAME, i see it as clean, i really don't know what's going on there, but somebody else should have a look and clean it if they also see the caldera buildings.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes

Review: tr_furn_com_rug_ay03 looks messed up (not your fault)
Misc_Quill the quill is upside down in the inkwell, as funny as this is, it shouldn't be like that
the firewood would not stay stacked like that for long

Comments perhaps there should be something in that empty space below the top of the staircase, this is what it is currently (to the best aproxiation that I can do without a screen)

_door_______
| Entrance
|___________

However, there is room to make it
____door__________
| Entrance
|_________________

I don't know if my ascii art heped any, but I am sure you will figure out what I mean if you look at the int.

Rating 9.9/10
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

added a small storage room in acordance to the drawing.

use top version.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Revoked for repurposing.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

This looks like an exciting shell to make. I want something physical to work on to escape the scripts and dialog when they start haunting me in my dreams.

Guild for Mages. Magical things. Akulakhans. com_r for the entry hall and Wizard's office, com_rm for the basement storage and studies. I take it I can extend the basement slightly towards the east?
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Akulkhans everywhere. The rest sounds good. Basement into the east works.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I have done some experimenting with the shell but I'm not happy with it. Nearly all of my attention has been devoted to SE.

Would you say this needs to use the tower interior, or should I improvise with common pieces? I'd use our interior tower piece if it didn't suck so much. :/
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Coming up on a month Why.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Drop.

Sorry 'bout that, my time is limited by all sorts of end-of-the-year stuff and I really should focus on the quest design process.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

revizzoked
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

I'd like to claim this. Can't find the exterior tho, the thread linked in the description seems to have no files to download.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

This here is the file from Tyrion's May 28, 2011 post. It should be the newest one.
Attachments
TR_Map_3_Detailing_A1_10.esp
(934.07 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

arvisrend wrote:This here is the file from Tyrion's May 28, 2011 post. It should be the newest one.
This is what I see:
http://i47.tinypic.com/5ma8m9.png

Shouldn't there be a file attached?

EDIT: By the way, if you attached a file in your post, I don't see it there either.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2vnru5i.png

Edited by Why to fix page stretching.
Last edited by adamantum on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Yes, the forum has got a messed-up privilege system. Do you see the file attached to my post above?
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

arvisrend wrote:Yes, the forum has got a messed-up privilege system. Do you see the file attached to my post above?
Just edited top post. Nope.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

OK, sending you the file by PM.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

What the hell is up with this thread? Is it expanded really bad for everyone else?

Granting. Make sure this is a building fitting of the Mages Guild. This isn't Balmora.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I can't see files at the top of this thread, I can see arvisrend's files. Weird.
--Mwgek--
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

As far as I know the only file in here is arvisrends. But for me the thread is all stretched to the sides and I have to scroll over to get to the file. There are links at the top that take you to an overview of the claim as well as to the file with arvis reposted here. As to why that file cant be seen in its parent thread I don't know, I can see it all just fine.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

I have the same problem with the thread being stretched. It's like their's a wide, invisible picture imbedded in someone's post...
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix