4-23-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-23-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-23-Red (#160)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Tyrion
Files: TR_4-23-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Roth Roryn Wilderness with ashlands in the south. Refer to this image:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-23Lined.jpg

North of the pink line should be Roth Roryn, while south is Armun Ashlands. The fort is being removed and replaced by a new fort elsewhere.

Nomadic1, you naturally have first dibs on this claims since you made the original.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

revoked

the file on top of this page contains a fairly big imp. castle/fort, but nothing else.

you may change/redo if you want to...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I'll try this one if you want. My Map 6 claim is almost done (just waiting for a new mesh for a lighthouse, and that is it). I want to put in a guar farm if it fits. I'll keep the Imperial fortress, though I might or might not change it :)
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

under one condition: is the lighthouse realy the only thing left to do on 6-37?
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Yes, quite literally.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

in that case GRANTED. enjoy.

please make sure you match the surrounding claims [land and texture] - new map4 is uploaded.
note: current textures in the WIP file are wrong...
i don't think a guar farm fits here, but feel free to change my mind :]

have fun
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_datafiles.rar (6.6 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (43.7 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (95.1 KB)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Thanks. :) Will begin... about... now...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Time for an update. I thought it would have been easier... but I was wrong. After deleting a whole heap, reraising, retexturing, softening, etc, I said "It's too much!" so I've wiped it clean, and will start from scratch. I'll keep a fortress (albeit more reasonable), and a guar farm or two. I'm also going to ask in it is possible for Kingfish to drop a road to me in his claim. Oh, and it was so nice of the neighbouring claims to use the texture map - for a GL, WG, and MA claim, I'm sure using a lot of BC, AI, and random textures. Can't even find one of them. :rolleyes:
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

3 things:

1. yes, neighbors did use wrong textures, but please follow those [mostly AI iirc]

2. the road: it would be easier [and more logical] to bring a road from the east. so i'll add a road [to map4 merge] going from north of 4-9, trough 4-29 to your claim. so, expect the road to enter your claim in lower-right corner of cell -7,-22, ok?

3. border smoothing: my 4-3 is not finalized along our border because i don't have 4-17, thus it's no good. i'll talk to liliath to get the file and will let you have it too...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Sounds great :) Couldn't have asked for more. I still followed the textures as best I could, so there are no GL, and almost the entire claim is WG. I rebuilt the Imperial fortress - it's still big, but more reasonable, taking up about 1/4 of a cell all up, although it is spread over two (which isn't that bad an idea). Does that mean I shouldn't extend the road to your claim (4-3)?
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

nope, just bring the road from bottom-right of your claim to whereever you need to, but not further - it will be a dead-end one...

EDIT: liliath says that his "group" claims are not done along our borders, so do as you wish and he will match it...
same goes for 4-23 - 4-3 border.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Cool. :)
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Indeed, as I told Kf, the red-striped cells below weren't even raised when I got the file, and I didn't start with those ...

[img]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/missing_cells_atclaims_533.jpg[/img]

Soory for the trouble, in case there's any ...

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update. Land reraised, retextured, and re-vertex shaded (a big job). The road is placed, and the fortress is pretty much complete. I placed two Redoran bug huts along the road in the north of the southeasternmost cell, and with the fortress in the far westernmost cells, the middle is looking empty so I'm going to add a cave (just a cave, not a smugglers' haunt or a mine, or anything else). I've done all the borders of the claim. It's largely down to placing statics and so forth now.

Edit: the fortress needs a name. For a description, it is on a smallish plateau-ish place in the mountains of this claim.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update. The four eastern cells are largely done now, and the fortress has pretty much been laid out (it's call the Highmoth Legion Garrison now. A better name can be given to it later). Attached is an overview of the claim...
Attachments
TR4-26-Red-01.JPG
Fortress in the west, two guar farm bug huts to the east. Cave not placed.
(69.68 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

looks great so far, keep it up.
and good job using those OoT gl_rocks.

i'm not sure what buildings are those 2 redoran huts exactly, but if not already, could you use the two from OoT? - we need to spread those as much as possible...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Alright, will see if they fit. They are just the BS bug huts (#1 IIRC)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I checked, and i can't use them or, more precisely, there is no point in it. One is far too big, but the other one with the wierd tailed "butt" isn't worth including, since the backs of the huts where I've placed them is underground. I don't want to reraise the land there, since it is a pain in the arse doing it to place statics.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update: only the two western cells left. I added the cave, although it may be hard to see from the overview. It is in the cell on the top row second from the left, on the rocky bit in the middle.

Edit: Overview deleted - see overview below.
Last edited by Nomadic1 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update: COMPLETED. :D

Attached are the obligatory screenies...
Attachments
TR4-23-Red-03.JPG
The fields and waterhole for the guar farms. The waterhole is made from Dongle's (?) meshes. I've tried to make this part pleasant.
(80.27 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
TR4-23-Red-04.JPG
The arid mountainous interior of the claim. In the bottom-right corner is the cave. I tried to make it as arid as I could without beign devoid of life given the WG textures.
(80.5 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
TR4-23-Red-05.JPG
Highmoth Legion Garrison. I'ld love to make the interior for this... wink wink nudge nudge :D The two buildings inside the fortress grounds, the right one is an Imperial Cult chapel, and the left one is an unspecified building. I kept the fortress fairly
(80.49 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Attachments
TR4-23-Red-01.JPG
An overview of the claim :D
(73.62 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
TR4-23-Red-02.JPG
The gaur farms and the road between them ;)
(74.03 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Nice claim :D :banana:
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Great piece of modders work!
THEO
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Once again, a fantastic claim. Approved.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

damn you dex, that was my place to say this... :D

anyway, looks really great, it'll make a fine addition to map4.

just two nitpicks:
1. use vertex shade under big plants too [like kreshweed, etc]
2. if not absolutely neccesary, don't use those water meshes - those don't have pixel-shader, thus look odd in-game

-sorry for late reply
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Woohoo! Sweet. :D
1. use vertex shade under big plants too [like kreshweed, etc
Oh yeah, will do in the future if I have exterior claims :D
2. if not absolutely neccesary, don't use those water meshes - those don't have pixel-shader, thus look odd in-game
That was just a one-off, to make sure the GL part looked nice and fertile and a good place to build a guar farm or two. I didn't feel lowering it and doing it properly would look right topographically.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

kingfish wrote:damn you dex, that was my place to say this... :D
Whoops, sorry. I kinda went on a reviewing spree there and got carried away...
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I'm not sure if I can ask of this or not, but if / when the interiors for this claim are released (and if I'm still around on the boards), can I please have the fortress? :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Spoilsport, I wanted that :D
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Muwahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha... ha ehm ha! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :banana: Seriously, if you want to, we could do a colaboration effort on this since it is a big interior(s).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

See how big it is, could end up with you doing, for example, the barracks and towers and I doing the cult services and the prison, or any combination of those really.

Dont forget the Cult Shrine Marker for Divine Intervention, and the Prison marker :D
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I placed the divine and prison markers in the exterior before I submitted it... or at least I think I did :D The prison is accessed from the keep, as the prison marker is placed outside the main entrance.

As for how we could divide it up, you can have the cult chapel and the unspecified building next to it. I'll take the keep, towers and the walls parts. I wouldn't put either the barracks or prison in the keep part, but underground accessed from there. You could have those two, probably in the same interior. How does that sound?

I don't know where the evidence chest would go though. On one hand, it makes sense to put it in/near the prison. On the other hand it makes sense to put it safely in the keep.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

In most forts it is in the prison.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Alright, then it would be there.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I have checked this claim in order to match it with my 4-17 (it has not been merged yet) and I think it should be revoked. It contains HUGE Imperial fort and does not correspond to the map and already made surrounding claims.
As for my 4-17 I just want to know if I will consider cells south of my claim to be blank, cause it is not possible to match the land and stay faithful to the map.
THEO
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Match the claim bording yours. It's easier to deal with a claim that fits with the others, rather than a claim that doesn't fit the map. Once the claims match, they are easy to merge, then change after the fact.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Merged! This looks great. Despite Theo's comments (4-3 isn't even on the Map 4 file; if it is, the bottom cells are not there), this is going in. The rest of the claims can be detailed to suit this claim, as it is superb, especially compared to the sub-par level the surround areas were done at.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Theo's comments were directed at the revoked version of this claim which contained a fortress spanning 6 cells on top of a mountain AFAIK.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

That is right. Nomadic's version is quite cool.
THEO