Location and history of dragons

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

zabuza

Location and history of dragons

Post by zabuza »

I was loking through the impliral library and I couldn't find anything usefull on dragons. The statue in Ebonheart shows that there should be some in Vvardenfell or at least morrowind, and how long ago was it. I dont think they are invisible or really high up (you nedd to find the easteregg to know what Im talking about). If you know can you tell me, plz no insults ay my noobynis.
"Live for the glory of the empire"
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

M'virr the liar is always fun.
At any rate the official line is all the dragons in morrowind were chased off by the cliff racers.
There are some in the imperial province and some scattered around the world but they are very rare. In addition they have the magical abilies to shapechange ect (theory).
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Re: Location and history of dragons

Post by Morgoth »

zabuza wrote:I was loking through the impliral library and I couldn't find anything usefull on dragons. The statue in Ebonheart shows that there should be some in Vvardenfell or at least morrowind, and how long ago was it. I dont think they are invisible or really high up (you nedd to find the easteregg to know what Im talking about). If you know can you tell me, plz no insults ay my noobynis.
It's M'iaq the liar. And anyway, the Imperial Empire and the Emperor himself are closly related to Dragons, and the mascot of the Empire is the dragon. Ebonheart is the largest imperial city in Vvardenfell, and the Duke even resides there, so they probably have the dragon there to symbolize Imperial power in Morrowind. And yes, there are no Dragons in Morrowind due to the cliffracers and environment. Most dragons live in the imperial province and are protected by the empire. They are rarely seen by humans (in dragon form anyway) because they can shape-shift into humans or other creatures. Dragons are very intellegent and very powerful. A few Dragons have been known to wipe out an entire army with ease, and I don't beleive that more one has been killed by humans (and that could have just been found dead, and they used the bones for the Cuirass...) I don't know how the lore fits in with the dragonscale armor though, I mean, it's not even very rare...
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

I always guessed that the dragonscale armour was just a name for a style, and it wasn't actually made of dragon scales. Though it is open to interpretation.

The dragonbone cuirass however, now there is armour.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It could quite possibly be just something in tribute to a dragon. I mean the Imperials are dragon-crazy, so its totally possible that they just went 'hey lets make some armor which looks like dragon scales'. Those scales are really small for a dragon anyway.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Morgoth wrote:It's M'iaq the liar.
Or M'aiq, take your pick.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Rian

Post by Rian »

Has anyone ever wondered how a frickin group of DRAGONS got chased off by Vvardenfell's equivalent of a cliff racer? for one thing, have you ever seen a cliff racer breath fire? it's like a mosquito compared to a dragon!
the only limit to the universe is that of our own imaginations
-anonymous
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Rian wrote:Has anyone ever wondered how a frickin group of DRAGONS got chased off by Vvardenfell's equivalent of a cliff racer? for one thing, have you ever seen a cliff racer breath fire? it's like a mosquito compared to a dragon!
1 dragon vs. 1000000 cliffracers. Who would win ? Even you get chased away from the swamps by mosquitoes.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Rian wrote:Has anyone ever wondered how a frickin group of DRAGONS got chased off by Vvardenfell's equivalent of a cliff racer? for one thing, have you ever seen a cliff racer breath fire? it's like a mosquito compared to a dragon!
That's why TIL classifies this in the "dog ate my homework" section, along with "there are no horses in Morrowind because if you leave a horse and a dunmer together for even just one half a minute, the dunmer will have eaten the horse".

The real reason is, of course, that they hadn't have the resources to model horses or dragons correctly, so they didn't.

Let's hope we'll finally see true dragons in Oblivion... (The dragonlings in Daggerfall don't really count, they were ridiculously small, dumb, and pink.)
Rian

Post by Rian »

i see the points and heed the light.

yesss, cyrodiil will offer many chances for dragons.
the only limit to the universe is that of our own imaginations
-anonymous
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Sload wrote:
Morgoth wrote:It's M'iaq the liar.
Or M'aiq, take your pick.
I like M'iaq, but yours is good too. :lol:
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Savant

Post by Savant »

Stalker wrote: 1 dragon vs. 1000000 cliffracers. Who would win ? Even you get chased away from the swamps by mosquitoes.
Hmmm... :) Great guess, stalker.
Honestly, I would probably think it would have to deal more with an ecosystem having limited resources. Could we even IMAGINE how much food it would take for a dragon to survive? When you add that to the fact that there is a highly successful adversary out there competing for your food (I'm pretty sure cliffracers are carnivorous), I wouldn't be surprise if the dragons took such a radical plumet.

By the way, I always remember the name M'Aiq as a pun on the english name "Mike" (there pretty much pronounced the same way).