Dragons

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

cwandell

Dragons

Post by cwandell »

I'm not sure how people see this but....i've noticed in Arena the dragon you face was in hammerfell right (I could be mistaken and it was in High rock. two confuse me at times) ? and in Daggerfall there are many many dragonlings flying all over the map. so this begs the question, should we have many dragonlings, and a few adult dragons in the providences? or should we keep them to a minimial?
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Dragonlings are not actually related to dragons, though their appearance is similar. I believe in the past when we've discussed the topic that dragons will certainly not be random encounters just as in the other ES games that feature them, and will not be in Morrowind either way, seeing as dragons are largely associated with the empire, and not known to frequent Morrowind whatever the case.
ookami

Post by ookami »

Does this mean that dragonlings are to High Rock what cliff racers are to Morrowind? I guess either way the real dragons still get chased out.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Dragonlings were in Hammerfell, on the south of the Illiac Bay. (Though I mostly met them in dungeons about everywhere.)

The Redguards claim that some great dragons still roam the Alik'r Desert, but none have been seen for a long, long time.
Rian

Post by Rian »

i have heard that you could 1 dragon in daggerfall. but that it was a once in a lifetime thing, and extremely hard to do. i haven't had a chance to verify this, because daggerfall is next to impossible to find, but there you go.
the only limit to the universe is that of our own imaginations
-anonymous
Arondil Rethan

Post by Arondil Rethan »

Well my uncle had downloaded Daggerfall from - God knows where, but he still has got some problems in running the installation in XP.
Any objections?
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

the dragon you met in Daggerfall was just an aspect of the daedra Peryite I think, when you did some work for him. So I don't think you could actually meet a real dragon.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
cwandell

Post by cwandell »

actually it was an aspect of Akatosh i think, or that other one i can never spell, i've seen screenshots of it :)
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

I think it would be awesome if there was a 10 - 15% chance of your save game containing a Dragon, but it would be so rare. Only one in ten saves would have one, and the location would be random. They would have to be tougher than any other enemy, (even Hircine) and you would have to have a resist fire enchantment on something.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

The only real dragon in an elder scrolls game was in redgaurd. At any rate the "dragon" in Daggerfall was indeed pyrite.
cwandell

Post by cwandell »

ah you guys just havn't seen it :) i've seen screen shots, it doesn't look like him at all. Pyrite has smooth scales and looks alot more wyrmish then this thing that looked kinda like a chinesse dragon.