Black Marsh Bestiary

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Assassinace
Developer

Post by Assassinace »

Reports vary on how many sload there are. They were borderline extinct when Thras was sunk however they are "making a comeback".
And yes there is an imperial bounty on thier heads but I doubt many would try to collect on that bounty.
The Old Ye Bard

Post by The Old Ye Bard »

Kill sload or Kill the sloads, i like the first one better :twisted:
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Sloads are from Thras and very illegal in the empire and, um hahapleasedon'tkillme.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Of course some people of power don't care about there reputation (count Richton formerly, house Dres) so I'm sure they're around. The sea's a mighty big place for aquatic creatures anyhow.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Jale wrote:Ahh good point

We will probably need some sload models and airships for morrowind...possibly some barges for getting around tear.
Work-in-progress. :)
cwandell wrote:i thought the sload were borderline on extincted and there was a bounty on the head of any live sload?
The Sload are borderline extinct. I wonder if the non-sentient ones are farmed. Because these are the variety of Sload out of which Sload soap is made. The sentient Sload still exist, hidden away in their little laboratories around Tamriel. If you play Redguard you can visit an island called N'Gasta off the coast of Stros M'kai, where a Sload Necromancer named N'Gasta lives. A large amount of lore on the Sload can be drawn from this chapter of the game.
Last edited by Vernon on Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
welp
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Other than two concept art pictures and N'gasta Kva (maybe a few other books mention them in passing too), all of the Sload lore is in Redguard (including the PGE)
Savant

Post by Savant »

Vernon wrote: The Sload are borderline extinct. I wonder if the non-sentient ones are farmed. Because these are the variety of Sload out of which Sload soap is made. The sentient Sload still exist, hidden away in their little laboratories around Tamriel. If you play Redguard you can visit an island called N'Gasta off the coast of Stros M'kai, where a Sload Necromancer named N'Gasta lives. A large amount of lore on the Sload can be drawn from this chapter of the game.
I wouldn't think so. Sload are well rumored to have caused many diseases for men and mer. Wouldn't a Sload farm just fuel those diseases?
Se vi povas legi tion jen, vi scias tro multon.
The Old Ye Bard

Savant wrote:Wouldn't a Sload farm just fuel those diseases?

only the sentient version (from what i can gather) spread disease, otherwize there could not be sload soap.

Sload soap, soap with eminem on the top
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Savant wrote:
Vernon wrote: The Sload are borderline extinct. I wonder if the non-sentient ones are farmed. Because these are the variety of Sload out of which Sload soap is made. The sentient Sload still exist, hidden away in their little laboratories around Tamriel. If you play Redguard you can visit an island called N'Gasta off the coast of Stros M'kai, where a Sload Necromancer named N'Gasta lives. A large amount of lore on the Sload can be drawn from this chapter of the game.
I wouldn't think so. Sload are well rumored to have caused many diseases for men and mer. Wouldn't a Sload farm just fuel those diseases?
Non. The Sloads are blamed for the Thrassian plague which killed half of Tamriel and caused a whole huge fleet to come and destroy Thras (but it grew back because it's made of coral!)

Personally, I don't think my people intended to cause it, if they even did. It would've been an experiment gone haywire, though I don't know anything about it. It is rude to discuss the Plague amongst my people.
The Old Ye Bard

sload wrote: It is rude to discuss the Plague amongst my people.

it clearly states that "YOUR" people caused the plague.

oh and how is this for rude, i'm rubbing your people all over my body in soap form.

-Sload soap, rub it on your body today :lol:
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Young fool! Like your people could handle a Sload larva! It is us that harvest it, and by the way, it's bodily waste. ;)

It is clearly stated in the Pocket Guide to the Emperor, written by a group of the murderer Talos's propogandists. Read what it says about other races and then tell me it is truth, fowl mortal.
The Old Ye Bard

sload, arn't sloads a type of giant slug if so THEY DON'T HAVE LARVA!!!! they have eggs.

-quickly showers "bodily waste" off self.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

You compare my noble people to vermin slugs, fowl human? Then I shall compare yours to rats, though that is not much of a difference. The Sloads are the Sloads and only the Sloads, not slugs nor snails nor octopi.
The Old Ye Bard

Octopi?...there on to me!!!! *runs away in panic*
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Sload wrote:fowl human
Are you saying people taste like chicken?
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

hehe
welp
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

:|

Have a banana :banana:
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

People DO taste like chicken.
I know.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
The Old Ye Bard

what do you get if you cross an "s" with a "pam"

you get this thread, now stop it.

http://bob.plankers.com/meat/small/spam-p.jpg

oh and i was thinking what about an exalotal(not sure of spelling), you know those fish that have legs.

or this allmighty animal http://www.puffins.com/images/schleich/SA16519.jpg

P.S. Ludovic stop eating my arm, oh and your all sick (i'm a vegeterian)