EoT file is...corrupt?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Ashstaar
Developer

EoT file is...corrupt?

Post by Ashstaar »

I've dl'd it several times and I always get a error file is corrupt when I go to unzip the files.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

What extracter are you using, WinRar or winzip?
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

I use winrar. I usually don't have this problem but lately i've come accross this corrupt/error message on several dl's not just TR.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

hmm...you mean its just not the EoT? Since when did this begin to happen?
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Oh, i'd say one or two weeks now. I've had about 3 or 4 dl's that have done this. The dl does not break but when I try to extract/unzip...you know..
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Redownload Winrar, or use PowerArchiver. There is a link under the "Utilities" section on the main page I think. Did you change anything in Winrar that would make it do this? (ie: cracked it?)
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

7zip can rar and unrar too. But this doesn't sound like a compression error. It sounds like you have either had a bad run of files, or you are corrupting them upon completion somehow. WinRAR has a repair function, so you can try that too. It repairs a number of error types, including some Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) errors.
welp
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

EoT_data_files.whatever?not rar..corrupt..Well, I tried it all...I get this: CRC error, winrar can't repair Gzip. Power archiver?, same thing..When I go to download it though I get 2 types of DL. One for 7.59mb: this one breaks at about 3.69ish but can be partially repaired. then another for 7.64mb: this one will DL successfully but I only get one file when I open it and the file is corrupt. so...gzip?
Vrenir

Post by Vrenir »

I've encountered the same problem, the download breaking off early and the file being labelled "corrupt" by RAR.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

So I'm not alone...
Vrenir

Post by Vrenir »

Has anyone capable of fixing this checked into it? I tried the whole process again today, using both RAR and Powerarchiver. The results of both were the same: errors and an inability to open anything from the EOT meshes folder. I'd really love to look around at some of the stuff that's been created and use the EOT in Vvardenfell bolt-on, but with this problem, all I get are errors. Please help.
Annon
Developer

Post by Annon »

check if the file you have is the same as on the site (7,64 MB).
Vrenir

Post by Vrenir »

It is the 7.6MB one from the public downloads TR webpage.