Author
Message This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Old Ye Bard
24 Jul 2005

Need a "follow the light" script for a creature.
needs to follow you when you have a light equiped, and it also needs to follow you if you have casted a spell of light.

also need another scipt to know if six+ of the creatures are following you.
i have no idea about scipting so help would be greatly appreicated.

Edit: creatures have to come out only at night at there spawn points.
Post Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:58 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Assassinace
Developer
21 Aug 2003

I'm in and out right now so can't do the script but can do a quick outline. Need enable/disable based on the time variable (when it turns light and dark not sure about weather like rainstorm.) Then you need a follow script that has an exit if if the character has the light items (I think you need all of them because the game can't detect "light" or the light spell cast. There should be follow scripts to edit if you need referance doing a search. At least I know stumpy did one. Good luck.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:22 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
knightmare
08 Nov 2005

i could script, but i need to know what language u use for scripting.
Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Assassinace
Developer
21 Aug 2003

It's thier own language that is close to the C family. (if/else statements that sort of thing) Chack out the Ghan Buri Ghan scripting guide.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:38 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
knightmare
08 Nov 2005

where can i find this guide? i tried searching the forums and just found people refering to it.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:25 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
The_Warder
Developer
01 Jan 2005

google.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:50 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Odowacar

09 Sep 2005

Ghan Buri Ghan's Scripting for Dummies. That's best scripting guide ever.
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:45 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Sload
Developer Emeritus
06 Feb 2005

http://www.quicenter.com/morrowind/files/Morrowind_Scripting_for_Dummies_8.pdf
Post Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group