Files: TR_i3-199-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_2.esp

---

Almalexia, Manor District #9:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/hermitesf/Manor_District_03_V2.jpg

A small shop selling arms and armor.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

The screenshot provided is wrong and I have been unable to work on this since March.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

I've had this claim for quite a while. (6 months)

Hermit cannot use Photobucket because they are asking for money at this moment. Can anyone else upload the right pic?
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

There's a map upload tool on our site. Plus there's always Imageshack. So Herm please upload a right map.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

i'll do it :) shouldn't take long should it, can probablly finish in a week...
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

i know this may seem abit forward but i went ahead and did this because i was bord. i have some screenshots from in the CS and in game. i know more needs to be added downstairs but upstairs is pretty much finished. i'm not taking this as my claim im just showing you what i did. :)

In Game
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/TR_claim_i3-199_almalexia%20manor%20district/718f17e6.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/TR_claim_i3-199_almalexia%20manor%20district/15308348.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/TR_claim_i3-199_almalexia%20manor%20district/e0241329.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/TR_claim_i3-199_almalexia%20manor%20district/47860123.jpg

CS pics
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/TR_claim_i3-199_almalexia%20manor%20district/i3-199_pic3.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/TR_claim_i3-199_almalexia%20manor%20district/i3-199_pic2.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/TR_claim_i3-199_almalexia%20manor%20district/i3-199_pic1.jpg
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

So do you want it or not ?

Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

yes i said i would do it :)
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

i'm not taking this as my claim
What does this mean than ?

Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

oh rite, because i hadn't had it confirmed as my claim but i did it anyway, i wasn't saying it was mine already, if you wanted to give it to someone else you could. but i do want to do this claim.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Granted than. No NPCs, creatures or sctipts. Use ID naming convention described in pinned topic in Interiors: Claimed. Use only OoT objects from packages listed below. I would suggest to use some of OoT iron weapons and armor. We have plenty.
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (1.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (58.2 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

look at the clean .esp, thats number 3, forgot about cleaning it before. number 2 is dodgy, i uploaded the wrong .esp it was a beta layout of the shop, can have a look it you like but number 3 is the final one
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

There's no number 3. Only no. 1 and 2.

Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

lol thats coz i'm stupid... forgot to upload, check it now :)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I can't review this. The screenshot provided is wrong. It does not show i3-199-Ind.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

Thats what I said almost 6 months ago.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

I've asked the modder which ext did he use and here's the reply.
Colhir wrote: Ah theres the problem, i realised when i looked at some of the other shops that they wer only 1 floor and i made the int 2 floors, i will do it all again, not a problem if it needs it.

The exterior is Almalexia manor district (22, -26) heres the link to a screenshot of it.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c199/Tony545/i3-199exterior.jpg

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That can't possibly be it. The interior and that picture do not fit at all. I also did a search throughout Hermit's photobucket thingy to look for this interior. I looked at every Almalexia map and still did not find this interior.

Does this even exist?
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ill check this soon
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Uhm... so does it exist?
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

no one knows :P

i say it deserves a reivew
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

I say it doesn't. Colhir, you have exactly one post to explain yourself, and come clean.

Let me say, that I am pissed, especially since you're a reviewer. A PM has been sent to Colhir.
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

wtf are you on about!?! oh and about being a reviewer, i did this as like the 1st ever thing when i joined TR, i only recently became a reviewer. and if your on about this having 2floors theres a new esp i sent to lady N that is a completely new version of this claim!!!! with only one floor!
Last edited by Colhir on Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

What we want to know is where this interior is located, since you are apparently the only person to have found it. None of us know if this interior still exists (there's a couple of claims like this).
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Nope. That's NOT what I'm pissed about, Nomadic.

And an interior that doesn't fit its exterior doesn't get me pissed either.

You've had your one post. Now here's mine.

This interior was cookie-cutted from "Balmora, Dura gra-Bol's House", "Balmora, Council Club", and "Mournhold, Armory" with things switched around here and there.

If someone wants to piss me off, then all they have to do is steal someone else's work. Otherwise, I'm a pretty laid back guy. But this was so agitating I couldn't continue with my reviews yesterday.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

PoHa! wrote:Nope. That's NOT what I'm pissed about, Nomadic.

And an interior that doesn't fit its exterior doesn't get me pissed either.

You've had your one post. Now here's mine.

This interior was cookie-cutted from "Balmora, Dura gra-Bol's House", "Balmora, Council Club", and "Mournhold, Armory" with things switched around here and there.

If someone wants to piss me off, then all they have to do is steal someone else's work. Otherwise, I'm a pretty laid back guy. But this was so agitating I couldn't continue with my reviews yesterday.
This Interior was cookie cutted? do you want to shove that up your arse you prick!! the reason thoughs cells wer opened is because i was relatively new to interior modding and i was having a look at what items were in A) the armour shop down stairs and B)what items you would in a house which is upstairs. it was my 1st claim u nonce, did u expect me to just know what went where.

but to the point i never coppied whole sets, it was all placed in the CS by me. yes i will say that i looked to see what items were on shelves and tables but thats all.

i dont even know why i have to defend my self, u made an accusation that is completely untrue. but who believes me, well thats your choice, im not really known here so i guess its his word over mine.

Oh and on a side note... i found this int because in the 1st description it said that the int was number 3 on that pic that comes with this claim. i deleted the description and wrote a new version because it didn't make much sense.
Last edited by Colhir on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Here's a question. Was ownership of the items still the same as in the Council Club and in the Armoury? I can't see anyone cookie-cutting an int but still removing the ownership.

Plagiarism is a serious allegation, PoHa. Are you sure about this?

I'm not going to take sides, I'm sure there's a rational explanation.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

rite, certain items wer copied, however i didnt copy a whole table or a whole shelf or what ever. isn't it easier just to copy a goblet and paste it instead of looking for it in the CS. personally i dont see whats wrong with that. but a whole int i wouldnt do.

now im probablly gonna get arseholed for this but oh well. if i am i'll just give up and not contribute anymore. everyone makes mistakes sometime. now i think about it i can undderstand poha being pissed off so poha sorry.

The deffinition of cookie cutting is taking a whole table or shelf. all i did was copy one item and duplicate.

The .esp is the wrong esp to review anyway. i realised when i finished. i'll upload it when i find it and agen sorry.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Yes, Ludovic. I wouldn't accuse someone of this if I wasn't certain.

Okay, Colhir. You want to play rough, do you?

From Mournhold, Armoury:
- All the interior tile pieces were copied
- Some of the tapestries were copied as well
- active_de_r_bed_01 still has ownership from Catia Sosia, who is found in Mournhold, Armoury... and yes, he has that same bed

From Balmora, Council Club:

- the table and chairs in the upstairs of tr_i3-199 was copied directly from the Upstairs table. Though one chair is slightly askewed from what it was in Balmora, the other two and the table (and the things on them) can easily be spotted as copied
- The following items also have ownership assigned to them, and who do they belong to? Banor Seran. (Click Edit->Find..., and figure out where HE'S from, but I'll bet you can guess):
*misc_com_bottle_06
*misc_com_bottle_09
*misc_com_bottle_13
*misc_de_foldedcloth00
*misc_de_goblet_06 (x2)
*misc_de_foldedcloth00 (x2)

From Balmora, Dura gra-Bol's House:

- The items from Dura's downstairs bookshelf were copied, and placed on a nice, rich bookshelf in tr_i3-199. These were all moved at least slightly, but they HAD to be, to move from a plain shelf to a rich one. Count the number of bottles, which kinds, etc. and you'll see it.
- Those items, along with some other things that were copied, also had Dura's ownership on them. They include:
*de_p_chest_02_fclothes4
*misc_uni_pillow_01
*misc_de_foldedcloth00 (x4)
*Misc_DE_glass_green_01 (x3)
*misc_de_goblet_03 (x3)
*misc_de_pot_green_01 (x2)
*misc_de_pot_glass_peach_02
*misc_de_pitcher_01
*misc_com_bottle_10 (x2)
*misc_com_bottle_06
*misc_com_bottle_12

So stick all THAT up YOUR ass, prick and a half.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

The problem with copy-pasting stuff from other cells is that they retain ownership from their original location. This means that you will have an item in Almalexia that is owned by some randomer back in Vvardenfell. Once you get to know the item lists really well, you'll be able to find the desired items really fast. (in fact since you've done bunch of claims since then, you probably can ;) )

Another issue that can arise is shelves looking too similar to one from Vvardenfell. This must be avoided.

Personally, I think you would have been faster simply dragging from the item list.

Also, there's an issue of modder's pride here too. It's not fair to get credit from somebody else's work.

Colhir, you've done a lot of modding since this, and I'm sure you won't repeat your mistake again. This isn't up to me, though.

I recommend re-doing the int from scratch to eliminate any concerns about it.

EDIT: slowwww....
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

poha calm down... from my point of view 1 or 2 items coppied weant a big deal, i didnt even know about the item ownership stuff thats y i did it. i realised what i did was wrong, its the small things that make something big and i copied a few small items. if u really hate what i did that much don't bother reviewing the int, get someone else to do it.

this was my 1st thing i ever did, do u know how pleased i was when i 1st finished this, i wer over the moon.

the thing that pissed me off was the way you went about asking me about it, sending me a PM out of the blue asking me to come clean. i dint know what the hell was wrong. if you asked me nicely i mite not have replied the way i did. and if you can forget all about this and start fresh. i've swallowed my pride and admitted mistakes and for that i'm sorry.... well balls in your court now so your move....

**EDIT** and thanks Ludovic for not being too serious about it :) and i'm taking you advice, new esp will be up 2nite.
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

And here it is... enjoy
Attachments
Clean i3-199.esp
(9.31 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Well, obviously I started that post right after Ludovic's first one. My PM and first post was made while absolutely steaming with fury, and I can actually understand if you had no clue what was going on. But here's my problem with this now:

After you called me a prick (more steaming with fury commenced), you proceeded to say:
but to the point i never coppied whole sets, it was all placed in the CS by me. yes i will say that i looked to see what items were on shelves and tables but thats all.

i dont even know why i have to defend my self, u made an accusation that is completely untrue.
You obviously said this without even double checking. You outright lied, as far as I can tell. As far as I know, you were simply trying to play it off, as if I had made a mistake. Next, you say the following:
rite, certain items wer copied, however i didnt copy a whole table or a whole shelf or what ever

The deffinition of cookie cutting is taking a whole table or shelf. all i did was copy one item and duplicate.
When in all actuality, you had copied an entire table, chairs, and the stuff on it, an entire shelf's contents, and an entire interior tileset placement.

Last, you say:
from my point of view 1 or 2 items coppied weant a big deal
And here, I must stress, it IS a big deal. This wasn't 1 or 2 items. Did you see the list I made? quite a few. Most of that interior, I assume, was copied, pasted, and maybe tweaked some. To me, it still seems like you're just trying to play it off as a simple mistake. I suppose it could be, but I'm not apt to believe it, after you flatly called me a prick and a liar without checking.

But I'm not the judge, I'm just a reviewer, who happened to find a big no-no.

[Edit]And regardless of the outcome of this, and because of what has transpired, I think it unwise for me to review this interior[/edit]
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

well ok your choice, i said that u wer a prick coz i thought u ment i jus coppied the whole interior, and it was a mistake but oh well, u have the new esp, review that and get on with your life and i'll get on with mine. do u kno how crap i feel now. this is prob gonna effect my chances of getting anymore claims coz of one stupid mistake but ther ya go. chow.

p.s. u make it sound like i planned to copy the items. it was only a mistake. they wer there and it was much easier to do than look them up in the CS.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Alright people, calm down. if you want to argue, do it ofer im or something.

Now, to the issue at hand.
Interior Rules Theread wrote: TR's Policy on "cookie cutter" interiors:
The review board will not accept "cookie cutter" interiors. In other words, do not copy and paste entire shelves and such from bethesda made interiors. This greatly cuts down on the uniqueness of TR. A person who has played morrowind alot (like me) can easily look at a shelf and instantly remember seeing it. I was just forced to revoke about 7 or 8 claims a bit ago due to this easy to recognize copying from bethesda interiors. Also, please do not copy individual items from pre-made interiors either. The ownership stays on them, and has to be removed from each item one by one. Please click and drag items fresh from the object menus.

I reserve the right to revoke inteirors that contain mass amounts of copied material. I will not revoke if I cannot prove that there is copied material, however proving it can be quite easy so don't try to slip anything by me .

Just for the record, I will be notifying the entire review board of this, and they will be watching as well.
prety straight forward right? Even if you were not a reviewer, you should still have read the FAQ. the only time its OK to copy an entire shelf of stuff is if your gona remove all ownership, and do some major rearanging. Ill forgive this for now, but NEVER do this again. cookie cuted iteriors are an aoutomatic revoke.

Now, what im totaly not OK whith is lying. If you did something wrong, whether on purpose or not, just re-do it. Apolegise if your realy sory. Bu NEVER, lie. it shows that you are to shalow to admit to your own mistakes, and makes me (and everyone else) dough your intergrity.

and third, for all of you. this mater is handled without 10 posts of flaming. you should have stated the items that are cookie cuted in your review, and i would have told colhir to redo the int, or rearange the items and remove their ownership. its not that hard to do.

I will pardon this, but i sugest you fix any other itns that you did this in (hopefuly none). my first interior was almost 50% cookie cut, but when i figured out that it was wrong. if you take responsiblilty for your actions, and learn from your mistakes, you can achive great things (heck, HoR for a fekin year is an acoplishment). But if you try to defend your mistakes, which you now devinatly know are wrong, you are likley to not be respected and therefore not acomplish much. I encurage you to continue making interiors and reviewing. If you cant take critisism, i sugets you stop modding, becuase good products are not without their controversy.

do not mess with the lady after a day of model congress....
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

i did admit i was wrong.... in 2 posts. the new int has everything added by my self, absoloutly nothing was cookie cut woot! but anyway forget this and lets get on with completing morrowind!!!!!
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I have no issue with pasting an existing into a new one as a reference (I've done it myself, I'll admit), but some steps must be taken:

1. Whatever the case, build all the architecture from scratch.
2. Remove ownership from everything you copy. There's a simple way to do that, thanks to the "Apply to selection" button in the reference properties window. Just select everything, in Extra Data put ownership to nothing, and hit "Apply to selection".
3. If you directly grab items from the reference interior, grab them one at a time, not by whole groups.
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

Gez wrote:I have no issue with pasting an existing into a new one as a reference (I've done it myself, I'll admit), but some steps must be taken:

1. Whatever the case, build all the architecture from scratch.
2. Remove ownership from everything you copy. There's a simple way to do that, thanks to the "Apply to selection" button in the reference properties window. Just select everything, in Extra Data put ownership to nothing, and hit "Apply to selection".
3. If you directly grab items from the reference interior, grab them one at a time, not by whole groups.
oh thank god for that :) thats all i was tryin to do was cut a few corners. as i said i was tryin to save time and i was a total noob i admit, i dint even think about ownership or owt. the int is redone and let the reviews come now, instead of playing on this.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Criticals: Light is seriously messed up (see below)

Clean:Yes

Fits exterior:Yes

Northmarker set:Yes

Loading errors:: A couple OoT errors. Might be me missing the latest version.

Lighting: Incorrect. All values set to default. Match the Fog, Ambient values to those of an Interior in Mournhold. To do this go to World>Interiors>Your Cell and change the values in the fields.

NPCs: N/A

Logic: Logiccally speaking, this Interior is fine.

Lore: This guy is probably not poor, so remove the de_p furniture. de_pr stuff would work better.

Physical Errors:
i. First Floor
-TR_w_iron_morningstar does not rest on the counter properly.
-Iron helmet on counter partially sinks.
-Iron towershield resting on bookshelf has its handle bleeding.
-TR_m3_sack_01_i3-199 is a floater.
-More detail in bookshelf would be nice.

ii. Second Floor
-Cushions bleed into the rug.
-The bed is a floater.

Recommendation/Comments: I recommend that this is sent back and fixed by Colhir. The physical stuff is not too important, its more the logic/lore and expecially the lighting.

Overall Rating: There needs to be more variety in this int. Too bland in my opinion. Not many physicals.
6/10.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: the iron pauldrons are bleeding,
the iron shield floats,
the iron cuirass floats,
the iron greaves float,
the iron helmet floats,
the iron morningstar floats,
both sabers float,
three of the steel trhowing knives float,
the iron scimitar floats,
two of the three broadswords next to it float,
the broadwrod in the back room floats,
the broken broadsword floats,
the back left lantern should be moved a bit to the right,
the paper floats badly,
one gold coin floats,
the small chest floats,
both bottles bleed too much,
the lessons of Vivec bleeds,
the chest under the table has no contents,
the cell still has its default lights,
the furniture should be rm,

However the biggest error with this interior is the fact that the merchant doesn't have a counter and he/she has no living area. Basically , there should be a basement added with a living area (unless the merchant lives in an appartment complex).

Comments It is a bit too bland, there should be rm furniture nstead of poor, and there should be a living area added. I made it dependant on TR-data and cleaned it but i think this will get revoked so i didn't fix anything else.

Rating 4
Attachments
Clean Free Free Clean i3-199.esp
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 10 times