The Tel Mora-Firewatch bridges, and a finished book...

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Gez
Developer Emeritus

The Tel Mora-Firewatch bridges, and a finished book...

Post by Gez »

First content paragraph of TR_bk_mapbook_m1_02 :
Upon crossing the bridges from Vvardenfell onto the mainland of Morrowind from Tel Mora, you will find the imperial outpost of Firewatch. Here you can find services from the Imperial guilds and great deals from merchants. From here you can travel North towards Bal Oyra or south to Ranyon-Ruhn through the numerous mountain passes.
Since these bridges have been removed, the books should be amended to reflect this change. (Or the bridges added back, of course.)

(At first I wanted to post it in the discussion thread for the book, but I couldn't find it, it's probably long gone. Then I wanted to post it [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=10534&start=40]there[/url] but the thread is locked.)
Vholdrian
Developer

Post by Vholdrian »

I would say we should change this part, since the decision about the bridges has already been made.
[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4350/ve3flv2.jpg[/img]

People ask me to put my signature here. However, I do not want to write on my LCD screen. It's a good way to ruin a perfectly good screen. -M'aiq's little brother
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

That's why I put it within parenthesis. I know the former is more likely and simpler than the latter.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Since I am updating BoT, I will fix this.

EDIT: Already done. Please, please, please find other errors, as it will be just as easy to fix now when I am updating BoT.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

As I obviously missed it, why were the bridges removed?
M1ke
Vholdrian
Developer

Post by Vholdrian »

Probably because of dialogue problems... Or because Vvardenfell was blighted? I can't remember..,
[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4350/ve3flv2.jpg[/img]

People ask me to put my signature here. However, I do not want to write on my LCD screen. It's a good way to ruin a perfectly good screen. -M'aiq's little brother
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Either way, the book is updated now. But you will have to wait until the rest of BoT is added for the changes to have any effect.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Speaking of BoT errors -- when reading TR_bk_AlmalexiaHistory in game, there are line breaks at odd places.

Does the Morrowind HTML engine break lines also at simple carriage returns, making the <BR> code useless and redundant?
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Once I have added all of the new books, there will be a grand BoT error reporting. I will worry about it then. (Which should be soon.)
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Resadyn
Reviewer

Post by Resadyn »

While were on the track, TR_sc_Bloodbeat has a value of 10,000.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Fixed. I will be opening a BoT error reporting thread real soon, so from now on I am hoping that we can do things over there.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Typo in TR_bk_Guarherdart_MC
Malnutrition will occur if they do not eat enough of these. In fact it is the lack of these plants in other provinces which has impeded attempts to spread the gaur afar.
Correct to "guar", of course.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I know there is another typo in the Guarherds Art. It says "guardherd" instead of "guarherd" somewhere in it IIRC.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Fixed the first one, although I couldn't find the second one.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

It's there:
The third method is used by amateur or foreign guardherds.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Thanks, fixed it.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Methamorphosis is a dwemeri book and must have the bookart attached to the post in it. Copy to Bookart\TR\
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.