3-3-Ind

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Theo wrote:I guess I know where the problem is. TR_OOT_Main.ESM has WG cliffs both under
TR_WG_Cliff_0x and TR_terr_WG_Cliff_0x I used the first one, which do not exist in new files. It is mistake in OOT.
Absolutly not right. It is not an oot error. It is because you have used OoT_Old and than switched (or even not) to OoT_Main.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Theo wrote:Sure, I can do that. How about scaled flora and containers? How about use of objects in ruins and names of cells? How about Vertex shading? Do you think they are OK?
That is all fine. All we need to fix are the floaters and missing cliffs.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

You are right Stalker, it was like that. Luckily I have not used any other meshes from old OoT AFAIK. I have fixed the cliffs and some floater as well. I have improved Vertex Shading a bit, it looks better now.
As for the skeletons... We could just replace them with some bones and skulls statics and add our own TR stuff to them (all these cool weapons and books...). It would be much cooler this way. I will reupload soon.
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Here it comes.
1) I fixed the cliff meshes and had to redo something of the mine therefore (I hope for good).
2) I fixed as much floaters as I could find. There still might be dozen of them.
3) I renamed all cells to TR_3-3 let the person who merges them names them and sets region
4) Added some Vertex Shading
5) Added few sounds
6) Check the skeletons now Dex! (If the equipment is too uber you can remove it or add some lich to protect the burials)
THEO
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Sounds good to me. I will check this later today when I have a free minute. Can't do it right this second because I have some homework.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Whoops! Wrong file! Good that you haven't downloaded that one. This one should be correct. As a bonus I smoohted some Vertexes.
THEO
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Yep, that's the right file, and the cliffs are present. You've got a really good imagination when it comes to designing the mining quarry and lumber camp. Really great stuff. I will give this the fine toothed comb treatment tomorrow. I saw a scarse few floaters when I was looking at it just now, but odds are that I will be able to fix those myself.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Theo, I have uploaded a version that is clean of all floaters. However, in cell 28, -28 there is something wrong with the Indoril plot. Load it up and check it out, and please do a quick fix for me so I can move this to finished.
Attachments
Clean TR_3-3-Ind.esp
(870.3 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Sure... It was just provisional name.
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Guess what, I have just loaded this claim in CS and found out some meshes were missing (circle water meshes of ponds and some indoril platforms). I guess it was due to old OOT. So I added ponds, modified Indoril platform (never liked it a lot, now it is better) and added two rocks. I hope the OOT I have now is newest and that I didn't replace right stuff. Give it a check once.
(So is this claim going to be merged now? I did modify some of neighbouring cells a bit and did not clean them out with TESAME otherwise it is impossible to match the claims together).
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Wow! Looking very nice, Theo! Great job!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Well, here's the deal. You've got a lot of floaters in your claim, which I fixed in my latest version that I uploaded. It looks like when you did you fix though, you used your own latest version. So from here, we have two options.
1) You can take the version you just uploaded, and go through it to make sure there are no floaters.
2) You can take my latest version, and re-do the fixes you made in this version.
What I suggest you do is the second option, since checking for floaters is a very time-consuming job, especially in a claim like this, where there are a whole bunch of references, many of which are flora. It's up to you, but either way I can't approve this yet.
If you do pick the second option, I would be extra-careful when placing the objects, because there were even floaters in the Indoril platform you did today. My advice is to double-check each and every item as you place it, to make sure that all four corners are grounded, and that there are no gaps between the bottom of the object and the ground.
Either way, I can't wait to approve this, because floaters aside, you have an awesome style and imagination.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Confused... Ok, Dex. If you already fixed the previous version and did not see any missing meshes you can use your version as it is. I might as well have not all the meshes on my new comp. There should be 3 ponds...
(1st in the rocky area behind the forest, next to Velothi dome, just behind the great arch. Two of them in the central forest, one at the entrance from east, one to the south next to the cliff. You can tell them by really small holes in the ground surrounded by rocks and flora and shaded intensively.)
As to the Indoril platform, I just flattened the ground and placed all tents and tables straight on it instead of that platform, because I think it was looking a bit odd. But if you see no problem with yours version, just keep it. You have the final word.

EDIT: I am glad you like it, but just wait for 3-4O :)
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Well here is the problem:
In the version I uploaded, I fixed all the floating rocks and whatnot, except in cell 28, -28. In that cell, there is the problem I described with missing meshes.
If you could, would you download the version I uploaded, go through it and stick in the missing ponds, and fix the Indoril platform in 28, -28? If you can just do that, this will be a finished claim.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Which one is that one you uploaded? Is it in this thread? I remember Haplo uploaded 1 and then I uploaded 2. So yours should be that one named THEO_3 (as it was still my claim). So what you ask me to do is download THEO_3 fix the meshes and upload the right version? That is what I did and uploaded it as THEO_4, but I certainly want to do one more check as I am not sure whether I did fix the cliffs as well...
So which one to download and fix now? THEO_3?
THEO
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Download the version that I uploaded in one of my posts, not at the top of this claim. It should be about seven or eight posts up.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Eeeh... Maybe I will sound stupid, by see no post of you with file to download. And here is the deal... For some reason I cannot acces page 2 beginning with Kingfishs post:

PostWed Aug 24, 2005 12:25 pm
moving to "review" for Dex to see it...

and ending with post:

PostSun Jan 08, 2006 7:48 pm
Theo, I have uploaded a version that is clean of all floaters. However, in cell 28, -28 there is something wrong with the Indoril plot. Load it up and check it out, and please do a quick fix for me so I can move this to finished.

I can only see it now in the list of previous replies in posting window, but in my browser page one ends with post:

Sload
PostTue Aug 23, 2005 4:48 pm
I'm afraid that they built Mournhold over the old Almalexia, or Old Mournhold. Another Velothi version doesn't make sense. However, it can be something else.

and page 2 begiins with my recent post I made as a reply to this seemingly new post:

Theo
PostSun Jan 08, 2006 9:32 pm
Sure... It was just provisional name.

This explains lot. I must admire your patience not saying me I am a complete delusioned moron reading my answers, but this time it really wasn't my fault.

Could you just reupload the file, please?
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Everything in the file that I posted in this thread on this page is fine. All the scaling is fine, and all the floaters are fixed. The only thing wrong is the Indoril platform. Once that is fixed, I will approve this claim.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

And who is going to fix that, when I am unable to acces the file? Could you please make another post and attach the file to it once again or upload it at the top of the thread, because the post you made with the file does not show up to me. Really, I am not pulling your leg.
THEO
Zephyr
Developer Emeritus

Post by Zephyr »

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/clean_tr_3-3-ind_686.esp

Theo: This is the direct link to the file.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Thanks Zephyr! I will fix it immediately.

Here:
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Hum, Dexter? Is this version OK?
THEO
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Theo you crazy European I love you. I'll move this to finished soon.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Moved to Review
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

YAH!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

merged!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined