i3-286-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-286-Imp

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-286-Imp (#807)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: TheUnending
Files: TR_i3-286-Imp_TheUnending_1.esp; TR_i3-286-Imp_TheUnending_2.esp; TR_i3-286-Imp_TheUnending_3.esp; TR_i3-286-Imp_TheUnending_4.esp; TR_i3-286-Imp_TheUnending_5.esp; TR_i3-286-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Old Ebonheart Docks #4. EEC transport: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7402/oedocks.jpg

Exterior can be found here http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40 use the last file on page 2 of the thread.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Revoked.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I'd like to claim that one, to test my skills.

I've spent a half-hour toying with the TESCS, attempting to make an interior that would fit that exterior, here's said WIP. If that seems OK, I'll continue the work.

The basement is not ready yet, hence the empty doorjamb. I'll probably beg for some windows to be added to the outside, once I've done the furniture and chosen where they should be. :)

Classroom will be in the entrance, living quarters will be the upper floor, all other rooms will be below ground.

Edit: Thanks, Starcrunch, missed that. Oops. Yes, I started to work on it before being granted the claim, but I wanted to make sure I could do it before. :) Won't do anything further until I get the greenlight, though.
Attachments
TR_i286_Gez.esp
Prototype
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by Gez on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

To make a claim you need to press the claim button in the upper right corner.

-Starcrunch
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I'd like to claim that one.

Classroom will be in the first floor, living quarters will be the upper floor, all other rooms (lab, store, etc.) will be below ground. Some supplies below the stairs.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Heh. You get it.

Use OoT (attached files!) and in-game stuff only. As this is imperial, use only appropriate items. No NPCs nor scrips.

Granted. Your first interior here,? Well then. Happy modding! :D
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_ESM.rar (8.8 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_datafiles.rar (900 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Old_v1.tar.gz (56.7 MB)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

First WIP update. Interior architecture is mostly finished.

Second update. Interior architecture is done, now doing detailing stuff.

And in the meantime, here's the update patch esp to add the windows, chimney, and signpost to the outside version of the building.
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart(6,-20)_i3-286_patch.esp
Patch for Dexter's OE map to get corresponding windows, chimney, and so on, on the outer building.
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Detailing progress report snapshot: big heap of clutter under the stairway (storage space).
Attachments
The Champion of Clutter would be jealous!
The Champion of Clutter would be jealous!
junk.PNG (387.42 KiB) Viewed 3565 times
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Architecture is now definitive. Doing detailing stuff. I have made a few "new" items so as to have specific locked containers (with their own keys) and stuff like that, but AFAIK I need those to be put in OoT. So I can't submit the claim for review until it's been done.

In the meantime, I'll do more detailing.
Attachments
TR_i3-286_OoT.rar
Items I need added to TR_OoT (old)...
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

They only need to be in OoT if they use new MESHES. If they are simply unique references using normal meshes there is no problem, just make sure that your references have the proper ID name.

-Starcrunch
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Alright, finished.

Couple notes:

1. I've put a door in the basement that is meant to connect it to the sewer network. Part of the basement is designed to look like it was annexated from some older complex. If this cause problems, I'll rework it.

2. One of the alchemists is hiding skooma and moon sugar behind solid locks. When we go to the NPC and quest stage, if I can claim them, she'll be doing (fruitless) researchs on alchemical cures to skooma addiction. She could also be set up as an addict, of course.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Submitted.

-Starcrunch
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Review:
Attachments
i3-286.txt
(4.4 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Interior 1
Floaters/Bleeders:
-Top Floor
furn_com_rm_bench_02 bleeds into floor
in_com_traptop_01 bleeds into floor
Light_Com_Chandelier_01_L bleeds right through the top of the rafter it is attached to
TR_m3_Alchem_chest_2 floats above the shelf it is on on the bookcase
sc_divineintervention bleeds into table
Misc_Inkwell floats above table

-Middle Floor
common_shirt_07 bleeds into bed
bk_AlchemistsFormulary bleeds into the top edge of the wardrobe

-Bottom Floor
furn_log_03 floats slightly in the fire
a crapload of stuff floating under the stairs, because there is no floor under the stairs, and no pegs for the baskets

General Errors:
TR_bk_ImMyOwnGrandpa appears to be one of two, but I am unable to locate the second

Lore Errors:
None that I can see, all books present have the right to appear there.
The two banners over the first stair case don't seem to be a feature usually found in Imperial dwellings, but make sense for privacy.

Interior 2
Floaters/Bleeders:
-Top Floor
TR_m3_sc_Alchemy_Draft uner table bleeds into floor
numerous in_c_pillar_stone occupying the same space as pillars from the in_c_stone objects. in most cases it's acceptable, but the two in the middle of the room flicker as you walk around them
both furn_com_pm_chair_02 bleed very slightly into the floor
the four blue potions and the peslte and mortar on the shelf float above it
furn_de_lecturn floats above the floor
apparatus_m_alembic_01 floats above the table it's on
misc_shears_01 float above the table
both Light_tikilamp float above the floor
someone has stolen the fireplace in the corner, leaving a floating skull, logs and flames
furn_com_cauldron_02 bleeds into the little stool it's on
Com_Sack_02_Ingred bleeds slighlty into the floor

-Bottom Floor
Evrery single static (other than the room blocks) float above the ground. I'm guessing the floor was moved down after statics were placed

General Errors:
Creatures - are these meant to be placed in claims at this stage? If yes, then fine, if no, then... well, no.

Lore Errors:
None that I can see, unless the magical floating fireplace counts.

Comments
Interior 1
General Comments:
The bottom floor is too empty - just an empty table near the fire and the cupboards.
At first when I was in there I thought I would have to access the top level by pulling myself up through the trapdoor. Then I noticed a rope next to it, that wasn't part of it. Now either the rope is meant to be the way to get up, in which case it should be part of the door, or it isn't in which case some obvious form of getting up needs to be placed there.
When one gets up the trapdoor your side is stuck in the wardrobe so you have to move sideways before moving forwards.
When one comes down through the trapdoor you are facing the rope again, which may be realisitc (climbing down backwards) but isn't the Morrowind way.
The bench in the study seems pointless.
35 seems very high lock level for a box of flowers, but it isn't stupidly high.

Interior 2
General Comments:
Oh dear. On the way down the stairs there is a glowing green bit, a hook in the ceiling, but no actual light.
The bottom part is a shambles. Aside from the errors above it makes no sense. Doors that are meant to be holding in the test subjects are in totally the wrong place, the Kwama was up the stairs by the time I got to them. The locked boxes contain just potions and yet are all locked at 70 or 75, which is stupid for that content.
The blocks used to make the bottom bits of the archways impede movement, despite looking realistic.

TESAME notes alot of changes. I doubt all are directly needed in the plugin (despite being OoT related), so I'm saying it isn't clean.
Interior 1, with some tweaking, will be acceptable. Interior 2 is not so lucky. The best I can sugest for this part is to fix the floaters/missing objects on the top floor, stick in a wall across the passage and delete the passage, stairs and bottom room.
Interior 2 takes the rating down alot.

Rating 4
M1ke
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Gez has told me that he has limited time to fix this atm, so it may need to be assigned to reviewers.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Inferno_str1ke wrote:TESAME: Dirty

TESAME notes alot of changes. I doubt all are directly needed in the plugin (despite being OoT related), so I'm saying it isn't clean.
Nope, squeaky clean. All items declared are new. Cleanliness isn't a measure of whether an item is needed, but of whether items from the esms are modified in an esp.
Inferno_str1ke wrote:Interior 2
General Comments:
Oh dear. On the way down the stairs there is a glowing green bit, a hook in the ceiling, but no actual light.
The bottom part is a shambles. Aside from the errors above it makes no sense. Doors that are meant to be holding in the test subjects are in totally the wrong place, the Kwama was up the stairs by the time I got to them.
The sad thing here is that this interior was a victim of the OoT_Old/OoT thing. It was designed with OoT old since we were told to use it, rather than the new which was to be only used for map1 ints. But when the updates of the existing maps didn't extend to the interiors waiting for reviews. So, this old int wasn't OoT-ified. All old OoT items that are used but have changed name are not recognized (because the file was completely clean) and thus, not loaded. Here's the relevant part of the warnings.txt file:
Missing object "tr_furn_square_rug_02" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "tr_crate_broken1" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "TR_m_pillow_red_ay" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "TR_cont_vase_01" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "TR_cont_vase_02" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "tr_c_stair_rich_rug_09" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "TR_ex_Imp1_RoofF_00" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "tr_furn_painting1_01" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_01" load.
Missing object "TR_Imp_Muret_ZY" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "TR_Imp_Muret_ZY" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "TR_in_cavefloor_GB512" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "TR_in_cavefloor_GB512" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "TR_Imp_Grille_ZY" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "TR_Imp_Grille_ZY" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "TR_de_bot_exc_AA02" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "TR_de_bot_exc_AA03" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "tr_ingr_meat_clfrc" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "tr_ingr_meat_alit" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
Missing object "tr_ingr_meat_rat" for reference during cell "TR_i3-286_Gez_02" load.
It's a problem I've often seen when reviewing ints that have waited a lot. Floaters that were only floaters because the item they were on was removed by the TESCS, interiors that lacked only details because three quarters of the items used were suppressed, gaping holes in the architecture because statics didn't exist anymore...

I'm working on fixing this now, but I have first to update its references with the Enchanted Editor.

The dungeon part will disappear, even if it wasn't universally loathed by reviewers, because elements that were critical to its design have completely disappeared (the small walls "TR_Imp_Muret_ZY" and the dungeon floor "TR_in_cavefloor_GB512").
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Bump.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I'll try to finish the fix tomorrow.

The loss of a lot of things that were in OoT hurts a lot.

Fixes uploaded. PAY ATTENTION: IT'S THE FILE NUMBERED 1 BY THE BOARDS' SOFTWARE, 6 BEING THE LAST WIP UPLOADED BEFORE REVIEW DELETED ALL THE PREVIOUS NUMBERS.

Look at the upload dates.

And while I think of it, the attached file in this post adds the windows and chimney and an alchemy sign outside of the building in Old Ebonheart. The outer building lacked any detail... Can you believe an alchemy college without any chimney? Without a sign to make it identifiable? A bosmer house without any window?

I sent that file to Dexter but he never answered.
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheart(6,-20)_i3-286_patch.esp
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

That really should go back to reviewing... That's three months it has been sitting here, gathering dust, when there's a much nicer place to gather dust!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Gez? What's up with this? When you fix something you have to upload the actual file, not just a patch.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I'll give this til the end of the month, then I will revoke it.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Revoking because Gez didn't post a fixed file
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

I thought "fixes uploaded" meant "fixes uploaded." But maybe I live in a strange part of the world. :P
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Patches = Bad
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

The patch was for the exterior, because I felt an alchemist thingie without a chimney or windows or an alchemy sign didn't make sense.

As for the fixed interior, as I said in BOLDED CAPS, the fixed interior is the one that is labelled 1.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

so it is... care to reclaim =P?

(Haplo, care to make the changes to the exterior?)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Alright. :rolleyes:
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Granting because I am retarded
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Moving to review for the same reason
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving, use top file for merging.

(Fixed some floaters and bleeders. Added some alchemy equipment to the bare shelf (so they have 2 of each apprentice thing and 4 M&Ps in the int).
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

And here I was updating it a bit, replacing vanilla containers by their TR equivalent, removing de stuff and fixing little mistakes...
Attachments
TR_i3-286-Imp_Gez_Final.esp
(28.6 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Revoked for repurposing.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

I think I can give this a shot.

(First claim... WOOT)
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Ya sure grant.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Since this is a goods transport ship I'm assuming it will have plenty of containers on the interior.

I'm curious what you would like the containers to be(ie. just random ingredients like marshmerrow, wickwheat, etc. etc. or armor and weaponry)?
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

You are the modder.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

I'm about 10% of the way done. Got the actual ship pieces in, got the cabin like 95% finished, but I haven't linked the lower and upper levels yet.

Updated the claim with my file so far.
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TheUnending wrote:Since this is a goods transport ship I'm assuming it will have plenty of containers on the interior.

I'm curious what you would like the containers to be(ie. just random ingredients like marshmerrow, wickwheat, etc. etc. or armor and weaponry)?
You can include some more expensive stuff. Look at the crates along the dockside. The EEC does move precious cargoes like ebony and glass. If you include stuff like that I'd make sure its well secured though.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Tyrion wrote:
TheUnending wrote:Since this is a goods transport ship I'm assuming it will have plenty of containers on the interior.

You can include some more expensive stuff. Look at the crates along the dockside. The EEC does move precious cargoes like ebony and glass. If you include stuff like that I'd make sure its well secured though.
Well if its transporting things like ebony and glass then most likely it will be locked or these things will be carefully hidden. I suppose they could be locked in the lower section of the ship behind a decently well locked trapdoor.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Perfect excuse to improvise some well-locked cargo cells, I'd say.