Books of Tamriel beta release

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Zephyr
Developer Emeritus

Books of Tamriel beta release

Post by Zephyr »

Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Books of Tamriel is perfect?!?! I didn't make a single error!?!?! Awesome! Crown me king for being so perfect!

No, really, Books of Tamriel will never be finished if no one finds any errors. Please, please, please find some errors for me to fix.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Here is a new version of BoT. Unless anyone finds any more errors (please do, I want to add this to OoT before I leave) then this just needs a quick clean and will be ready. Ignore the version in Zeph's post.
Attachments
TR_BoT_V1.51.esp
(464.77 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Just a small thing, Xui, but it might be best to switch this to an esm. It'll keep filesize down and accidental random changes to books can be cleaned easily.(not so with esp, using a book from this will count as a new book on the details section of a mod, and changing the book won't be noticeable to reviewers)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

I believe it has to be an .esp to be merged into OoT (which it will be.) However, having only used the OoT tool a couple times I could very well be wrong.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Yes, it must be an esp.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Yes, it must be an esp.

Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Well then wouldn't it be best to merge it into OoT right away? It'll make life easier for reviewers and especially for whoever has to merge the Map 1 ints.That'll probably be you, Stalk :]
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

The thing is that we're beta-testing it now. It'll be merged in near future.

SirCabbage

Post by SirCabbage »

YAY my book seems fine. Im just wondering why it isnt in muliple books as I had it. Parts of it dont make sense f they are all the same book
My Books, Progress
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A Study on Gaurs 1-5 :: Accepted!

The Golden Guar 1-4 :: Subbmited awaiting Grammer and Lore

Next Book :: Still Deciding on Topic
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

What book is it?
SirCabbage

Post by SirCabbage »

A study on guars its meant to be split inot 5 books :P It even indicates that if you look at it :P
My Books, Progress

Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

I actually didn't scribe that, it was in there before me. I suppose I will fix it.
SirCabbage

Post by SirCabbage »

Thank you very much
My Books, Progress

Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

The BoT's that you see here have been somewhat fixed, somewhat modified, and can now be found in the OoT.esm
Enlil

MISSING BOOKS

Post by Enlil »

My books and poems are still missing from the forum and BoT. The Undead Journals Volume I,Imperial Honor and two poems which titles I cannot remember. I find it hard to belive that they would just disappear. I asked Haplo about them but he couldn't find anything even in the archives. The Undead Journals Volume I sat on the forums awaiting review for about eight months and no one touched it. I love this project and really want to contuinue to be a part of it; however, I have not posted anything since the dissapearance of my books and poems. I just feel that it useless to write literature if it is just going to ingnored and then ultimately deleted. If anyone has any information about my works, please let me know. The poems were as follows: One was about a fighter who craved war and his feelings toward war was what the poem is centered around. The second one I cannot recall as it is about five months old (or so) but I would know it if I saw it again. Another thing that may help identify them is my name being on the posts that contain the poems. Thanks in advance to anyone who finds my missing works. I want to get back into the project......
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Hm, I'm sorry to hear we are missing your books, I'm sure it wasn't intentional. There was a discussion awhile ago, some lit went missing, maybe your stuff was included in the dissaperance. Hope we can find it for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

I found the Undead Journals, it's in the archives :D somewhere... [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=83240]The Undead Journals I: The Ash Zombie[/url]. [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=149069]Imperial honor[/url]. [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=150732]A lover Betrayed[/url] Sorry, Enlil, but I dont know can you or not enter the forum archives... It's pretty often when I press the "Who's Online" link and theres a Guest in the Foum Archives pretty often. Was there more? Didn't have a lot of time to look for it. Kiddin', just found it to easy to look for it...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Wow, nice find, Andres! I know it can be tough to sift through the Archives, even with the search forum. Kudos to you! And Enlil, if you can't view those links, (ie if you don't have permission), then tell me and I'll send the content to you.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Haplo, I am going to need a list of lost books to add. Just move them to finished, and I'll add them.
Enlil

Post by Enlil »

It's been a while since I posted. Thanks alot for finding the books...I guess I better get my ass back to writing now huh?

Yes there is still one missing. It's about the warrior.

No I cannot view the archives as I do not have permission.

So is Haplo is going to add them to finished? If so I need to finish Imperial Honor before it goes up. Thanks again, it is much appriciated.
Enlil

Post by Enlil »

Anyone here? Hello*echo*?........
Finished Books and Poems
Wanderlust
Travel By My Side
At River's End Vol I
Oath of the Wretch
Emvae's Contract
Ariitha Biethu's Journal

Rewritten Works of Others
Dust to Mounatins
Awaken
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Well, I couldn't find it... Sorry...
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Vholdrian
Developer

Post by Vholdrian »

I didn't write any books for the plugin but i can say that i'm very, very impressed by the amount (and the quality) of the books. You all did a very good job (again) ;)
[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4350/ve3flv2.jpg[/img]

People ask me to put my signature here. However, I do not want to write on my LCD screen. It's a good way to ruin a perfectly good screen. -M'aiq's little brother
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Enlil, I posted Imperial Honor in the Lit. Section, if you qwant to continue that.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Enlil

Post by Enlil »

thanks Haplo,

now i just need the others lol...where ever they are.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Errors:
"TR_bk_AppraisalofAbolition"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_03.nif"
"TR_bk_Essenceofbeingathief"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_06.nif"
"TR_bk_guardsmemory"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_05.nif"
"TR_bk_LastDartoftheScholar"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_04.nif"
"TR_bk_mineralsofmorrowind"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_03.nif"
"TR_bk_RealMeaningofLife"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_04.nif" again
"TR_bk_RuhnAniaALMSIVI"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_04.nif" again
"TR_bk_SpawnofAsh"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_06.nif" again
"TR_bk_VarietiesofThoughtI"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_06.nif" again. Thsi error goes for the whole series.
"TR_bk_WebspinnersWill"'s mesh is missing. That is "Meshes\TR\m\Tr_AA_book_closed_06.nif"
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

That happened because Xui was working on some ancient BoT. I repointed those books to correct meshes and when Xui's BoT was merged the fixes were gone. I ain't going through all books and fixing 'em again.

Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

I noticed that too, but only once I had a clean install of Morrowind. Go figure.

Anyway, once I fix that, Morrowind BoT will be laid to rest and I'll make the Oblivion one.

EDIT: Fixed, Stalky. I repaired the meshes in the CS, and then merged the .esp into OoT. Since I really, really want to go play Oblivion, we will see if it works or not later.
Anonymous

Business help in China

Post by Anonymous »

I am new at this and I'd ask someone to help me with advice. I applied as recruiter manager at JobQueen, they promise to pay $87,000.00/year. I would like to know if they are for real and if they are how can I get quality sales reps in China. I didn't list the domain because promoting something is forbiden in most forums. So if you want to help me out please contact me direct at my email:
kimwongshu@yahoo.com
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

That is not what this thread is about; its not even what this website is about. I doubt anyone here can help you. Perhaps you are looking for a different forum?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]