The Tales of Kuu'Mra Scaesci [ADDED] [Added OB]

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

The Tales of Kuu'Mra Scaesci [ADDED] [Added OB]

Post by Lutemoth »

The Wonderous Tales of Kuu'Mra Scaesci
Author Unknown; compiled by Penald Fenri

The Tale of Kuu'Mra Scaesci and the Un-Eyed Beast

Very long ago, there was a small village of modest intent. It was unfortunate for the people of the small village that a beast of terrible appetite encroached upon the people's homes at night, and ate their livestock. This frightened the wives and their babes so, and made the men shake like dry leaves in the wind. Every able-bodied farmer sought to slay the beast, but the monster was unseen to their eyes, and so they could not find it.

Kuu'Mra Scaesci, who did nothing to help, rose to the occasion when he discovered his best and only ox was taken away by the beast. He was not skilled at hunting, sadly, and was very bad at searching in the manner of the other farmers. It was long into the evening when he encountered a rustling of bushes all about him. This frightened him so, but he did not run away, and barked with no waver in his voice:

"Are you the beast whom no one can find? I beg of you, abandon your quarrel with our small village of modest intent!"

A laughter shook from the underbrush, and descended atop him from the trees. This made him close his eyes in fear.

"Your arrogance is great, and the people of your village are stupid!" growled a horrid voice. "I will eat your village whole, and no one will see me! Only one who knows what to look for will have the eyes to discover my approach!"

The rustling stopped, and Kuu'Mra Scaesci was all alone. Rather than panic the villagers with his plight, he sought out the greatest eyes ever owned. From the wisest of scholars to the craftiest of warriors, he studied all the ways in which he would know better to look. Until the eve of the un-eyed beast's promise, he had mastered the greatest and keenest of eyes in all the lands. So proud he was of his abilities, he ventured off into the wilderness to find the un-eyed beast. Unfortunately, he became hopelessly lost and discovered it too bothersome to find his way home. Instead, he built himself a cottage, in which became the new home of Kuu'Mra Scaesci. He quickly forgot of the small village of modest intent, which was sadly swallowed whole by the un-eyed beast, and was never heard from again.

Kuu'Mra Scaesci and the Trial of the Bandits
Some time after Kuu'Mra Scaesci had completed his dwelling, he had grown accustomed to taking long strolls through what now became his garden of forest. This soothed Kuu'Mra Scaesci, and left his eyes more attuned to the lingering of the canopy leaves and playfulness of the spring.

One day, in his usual walk along the brook, he spied a maiden, to whom he believed to be the fairest of all. Hurriedly, he made her his wife, and the two lived in the house of Kuu'Mra Scaesci for a time. He showed her his trees along his treaded paths, and he showed her his many talents of sight. Kuu'Mra's Scaesci's new wife was an obedient woman, and cleaned his home and listened well to his charlatan tales of wonder by the hearth.

It was most unfortunate, upon a usual stroll through the trees, that Kuu'Mra Scaesci and his wife were accosted by a band of horrendous demons on all sides. They hissed and barked simultaneously, and frightened Kuu'Mra Scaesci's wife. They did not, however, fool Kuu'Mra Scaesci. His keen eyes saw past their torn and bedraggled skins to see it was mere trickery.

"You cannot fool me!" Kuu'Mra Scaesci exclaimed. "I know you are simple ruffian thieves! You come from the cunning orc village atop the mountain!"

The bandits did not expect such insight into their disguises, and were taken offguard. Kuu'Mra Scaesci took this chance to flee, as he and his wife made haste into the woods. They were halted, sadly, as the orc thieves made harsh work of Kuu'Mra Scaesci and made captive of his wife.

"If you wish to lay sight on your dear maiden, fetch us three score of the mountain's finest gems in three days time!" They grunted. "We will kill your wife at dawn of the fourth!"

in a moment they left, as this news greatly saddened Kuu'Mra Scaesci. He still enjoyed his wife, somewhat, and was in great determination to retrieve her. Down by the spring, he searched with his great keen eyes for precious minerals. He searched ceaselessly through the banks of the stream for three days until he had successfully completed his dreadfully tedious task. In a satchel, he placed three score of jade and silver, and counted them as such. Relieved he had many hours to pay a visit to the orc bandits, he took rest under a tree. He awoke two days later.
Last edited by Lutemoth on Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:13 am, edited 10 times in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

3.B..
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Two books, or one book?
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

One book!!!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

TrBook2FicTalesOfKuu'MraScaesci
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'