Ferry Script

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Ferry Script

Post by kingfish »

while thinking about a new landscape i got an idea for script: a ferry from one river bank to another. don't know if it's possible, but it'd be cool if could hire a ferry to other side of a river and actually see the movement. it seems weird to me to do it as a regular ship transport with blackout and autosave for such a short distance and i don't like to have an expensive_to_build bridge in every middle of nowhere.
so, what do u think, is it at all possible?
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
evilgreebo

Post by evilgreebo »

Yes it can be done. You might want to get the fishing mod from here [url]http://olek.ilovehost.com/MadMax/madmax.html[/url] and check out how he did the boat from Gnaar Mok.
[url=http://evilgreebo.tripod.com/]Get my other mods here[/url]
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

thanx, din't try yet, but looks prety good
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
sterio

Post by sterio »

I don't know anything about scripting, but I just have to say: Great idea! Very useful...
Terrez

Post by Terrez »

Yes, that would be great! I was thinking of doing something like this for my river claim (3-15). In places the "river" is about 1 cell wide, and would be great to be able to signal the ferryman to come and get you, then travel across.

Cheers
Terrez.
Cep

Post by Cep »

As I've mentioned in another thread Dragonsongs tutorial actually gives you a script to move an object in a straight line from one posistion to the other, and back again.
Garret Strife

Post by Garret Strife »

madmax used complex mathematical formula's in order to make the boat move in real time if you wanna understand the script i suggest you get JDGBOLT's guar riding mod unless your good at math ;)