q1-48-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

q1-48-Mis

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-48-Mis (#1136)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: steady_eddy
Files: None

---

Sarvanni
2 misc quests required for this small settlement.
Gez will have to fill everybody in on what's already going on in the dialogue.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Hey, I've got a couple of ideas for quests for this area from looking at the dialogue in the Construction Set that I would be interested in trying to implement. I don't have any experience with quests, apart from doing a couple of tutorials from various sites, but these quests seem reasonably easy.

Firstly, Gulen Belaram asks you if you can be a courier for a couple of deliveries because their usual courier is on another assignment. He starts by asking you to take some molecrab shells to Erick and Llivlo Indalen in Gah Ouadruhn (found in dialogue: TR_m1_Gulen_Belaram -> Gah Ouadaruhn) and you can get some money as a reward.

He then asks you to take molecrab eggs and crab meat to Drolan Omothan, Farasira Sadas, Midean, and Rantharas in Gah Ouadruhn again (found in dialogue: TR_m1_Gulen_Belaram -> Gah Ouadaruhn) and you can get some more money as a reward.

Hope that helps.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Sounds good.
Anything else you had in mind?
Do you want to claim this then?
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Yeh, I'll claim this then. I can't think of anything else - if I have an idea I'll post it. Are there any rules for naming conventions for journal entries etc?
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

TR_m1_SA (SA for sarvanni prefacing the name of the journal)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Might want to check with Gez too and find out if he had anything in mind. I PMed him about it a couple of days ago; he's looking through his old notes and such.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Here they are. Two quests - both simple FedEx style. One gets you to take molecrab shells to Llivlo Indalen and the other gets you to go to Drolan Omothan and give him some molecrab shells. A textfile included details the changes I made. Hope this is ok and that I haven't done anything wrong.
Attachments
TR_m1_SA_SarvanniCourierQuests.rar
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Fantastic to see such quick work.
At this rate, I'll need quest review up and running within a few days.
-Ophelia Benson
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Merged
-Ophelia Benson
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

These are the error reports for these quests:

"Sarvanni Courier: Molecrab Shell Delivery"
Again, all good, mainly nitpicky.
In the topic "delivery of molecrab shells", both when accepting the quest and delivering the shells, there is a full-stop missing. (Minor grammar error, nothing major)
Once again, no directions are given. This time Llivlo Indalen's shop is the location in question. Lack of directions combined with Gah Ouadaruhn's layout winning several "Mindbogglingly-Hard-to-Navigate" awards, makes that part of the quest extremely complex.
I also think that some opportunity for role-playing could be added by letting the PC short-change Gulen, upon delivery of the cash.

• "Molecrab shells deliver" * Quest giver: Gulem Belaram (sp?)
Perfect quest, though i have used the "coc" command to go to Gah Ouadaruhn, so i haven't checked if there are critters along the way, so to make the quest a little bit more difficult; if there aren't... yes, some critters would be nice to add in my opinion.

Sarvanni
Sarvanni Courier:Molecrab Shells
If you accept the quest:
There is not enough enemies on the road, i only met one Alit and a few non-hostile mudcrabs needed in the Mudlap and Mosslog quest.(but then again the reward for the quest is not to great)
No matter if you try keeping some of the payment money or not when returning to Sarvanni, you get the same amount of gold.(40)
The dialog responses when you deliver the payment seems to be mixed up, when i gave him the money he seemed to suspect that something was gone, and when i kept some of the money he didn't react in any unusual way.
If you decline the quest:
The molecrab egg delivery topic is never activated, despite him saying that there were other deliveries to be done.

• Molecrab Eggs Deliver
Similar to the previous Sarvanni's quest; nice, but maybe too easy to complete (no critters along the road to Gah Ouadaruhn).
Important, i had to enter the journal entryJournal "TR_m1_SA_SC:ME" 20
in order to deliver the eggs to Drolan Omothan, since my game always freezes when loading the interior cell

Sarvanni Courier:Molecrab Eggs
If you accept:
You are never actually told where you can find Drolan in Gah Ouadaruhn, he just tell me to deliver them to him and thats it.
When you have delivered the eggs to him, there is a slight error in the journal entry you get, as it spells Drolan's name "Drolan Omathan" instead of "Drolan Omothan"
Also, in the quest overview it is mentioned something about delivering crab meat and eggs to various people in Gah Ouadaruhn, but i was only asked to deliver eggs to Drolan.
Unfinished quest? unacurate overview? ditched idea?
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Very minor changes; left here
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Approved, fixed by me.