q7-3-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

q7-3-Imp

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q7-3-Imp (#1103)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_7-1-Imp (#1061)
Claimed by: Sload
Files: None

---

Jonuni and Selvia Amatius are painters. Recently, they moved to Stirk and Selvia is very very happy. She has a whole new crew, she loves the beautiful landscape, and there's a bookshop across the way, run by some historians. Jonuni is rather anti-social, and he doesn't like the island that much. What's worse, their sex life is not doing so well with Selvia being out all the time and Jonuni being antisocial.

Jonuni and Selvia would never admit this, of course. But it's a rumor on the gossip mill and all. Selvia's friends, however, feel this way, and will tell you how to get them back together.

1. Castameloria Stirk will tell the player that Selvia has recently lost a silver ring.
2. Dupineon (a very gay Altmer) will tell the player how romantic it was when Jonuni won her over with some nightshade.
3. Alenius will tell the player that she loves history, and mention that she was recently asking him if he had a copy of History of the Empire, Vol. III (which he shouldn't have.)

The player, of course, should get these things.

When they do, they have to put them in their room without letting Jonuni see them, because he's so ashamed. After that's done, Jonuni and Selvia will fall happily in love again and everything will be good.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

This is just a quest taking place anywhere on the island involving anyone, save conflicts and all that.

Here are people who haven't been involved in quests:
  • The Amatiuses - Painters
    Sernas - The Dunmer miner
    Fayeto - A tough miner
    The Stirk Jailor, forgot his name
    The Stirk Smith, forgot her name. Her brother guards the mine and dies in the mainquest.
    Telimian Kynarius - A noble with a dog, but his wife's the one who loves it and it's used in a quest.
    Servellius and Dupineon - Gay lovers, one's an Altmer.
Also, please don't make it dependent on any events in any quests. Like don't have it involve the smith reacting to her brother's death, because then it's just an offshoot of the mainquest kinda, you know?

So take a character or two or more and write an airport novel.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

What if one painter is jealous of the other's skill (and higher priced commissions), and asks the player to frame the other, with some minor offense? That way, the first painter has time to gain a foothold and build a reputation for himself, because he's forever lived in the other's shadow, and he's tired of it.

Why ask the player? because he/she's an adventurer, and no one would believe him/her if he/she tried to rat out the painter.

What would framing the painter entail? Stealing something and leaving it in the painter's home; or perhaps the painter has a special "amulet" that the player could wear, while trespassing, get caught, and run away, then return the amulet; or maybe the player leads someone into the house (basement?) and murders them with a certain blade that the painter is known to have...

Of course, the first painter wouldn't like it if the second one was put away for TOO long, he just wants a short period. Thus, the reward could be lessened by doing more extreme things (ie murder).
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

they are maried... it dosent seem logical for one to do that...

(my opinion)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Yeah, they are married. Unless their marriage is unhappy, but they just moved to Stirk, not the kind of thing unhappy people would do.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

/me trys agien :P

Since their move to Stirk, Jonuni (the husband) has had a terrible time with his paintings. He just doesn't have the spark of creativity anymore, and his paintings have suffered for it. There are a number of factors that have contributed to this:

1.) Before they moved to Stirk, they lived in a less pleasant area, with little to do, besides spend time with each other. Now that they've moved to Stirk, Selvia has made a lot of new friends, and so she is out and about more. She has tried to introduce her husband to them, but his personality has dwindled since the move, and he just doesn't care. The player learns about this aspect from Selvia. To solve this part, the player needs to convince Jonuni that he has to live life to get inspiration for his art.

2.) Jonuni also doesn't like the locale very much. Where they came from, he could paint mysterious forests and crumbling ruins, dark alleys and ominous creatures, large, open streets filled with scum and foreboding caves imbedded into hills. On Stirk, he feels he doesn't have as much to work with. He doesn't feel like anything is interesting. The player learns about this aspect from Jonuni. To solve this part, the player needs to ask Selvia where she gets her inspirations for her paintings. She relates how she loves Stirk and gains inspiration from it, while she had little inspiration from where they came from (a darker place by far). She suggests that perhaps there are places that would be more to Jonuni's liking that she doesn't know about, and that Amarion Eulius would probably know about them, if anyone. When the player talks to Amarion, he writes down some places that he thinks might be more to Jonuni's liking, and the player gives the list to Jonuni.

3.) Finally, Jonuni has been offstandish with his wife. Her going out and having fun have really put a strain on their relationship. Where they originated, they only had each other, and they spent most of their time together... *ahem* alone *ahem* ... and now they've started to grow apart. This theory is related to the player by some of Selvia's friends. Of course, Jonuni denies that their love life has dwindled and Selvia will ask the player to keep to his own affairs, especially in regards to THAT subject. In passing, one of Selvia's friends will mention that Selvia is very fond of history books, and has been eyeing "History of the Empire, Vol 3 for some time. Another will mention that Jonuni first won Selvia over by giving her a Nightshade plant for her to take care of. A final one will relate how it had upset Selvia when she had lost her favorite Silver Ring. Because Jonuni will deny that they have a problem, the player can't just hand over the items to him. Without being detected, the player needs to drop the History Book, the Nighshade, and a Silver Ring onto their bed (otherwise, she may overlook it, you see). Thus, she sees the items, is wooed again, and their relationship is re-loverly. After a day or two, Jonuni will thank the player, because he knows he didn't put those items there, and also that the player had to have had something to do with it.

If the player solves only one aspect, Jonuni will have slightly improved his paintings, and will thank the player with a small reward for his trouble.

If the player digs a little deeper, and solves two aspects, Jonuni will have a signifigant increase in his paintings, and will give a nicer reward to the player for his extra effort.

If the player goes all out, solves all three hindrances, then Jonuni will give the player something REALLY nice... like an enchanted ring... or... sword. Something cool. I dunno what though.

Alternatively, the player can do one, return later and find out about it, and do it, etc. Thus, its the quest which you may only THINK you've completed.

I also had the idea that maybe the player could do something to HINDER each of these aspects more... but that might just be going overboard, and I don't know who would benefit from such actions so that the player would get a reward for it; ie "why do that when no one's going to pay me to" syndrome...

Gah... I type too much.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Seems simple enough -from a Morrowind perspective. I don't know how huge the gap between MW and O is, but I guess I've got to find out.

May I give this a shot before I get down with map2 detailing? And if you know of any useful info about Oblivion dialogue, now's the time to reveal them.

P.S. Sload, I'm doing this in the hope of reducing your moans. Will it help?
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

*cough* it might if you pressed claim. :P

Anyway, the dialogue system is very similar, if my memory serves me. The main difference is that quests are structured. While in Morrowind, quests were basically dialogue and journal entries taped together with some scripts, here they are all nicely glued to a sturdy frame.

If you need any help, I can provide it. And I'll write a tutorial one of these days.
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Claimed it officially now! Yes, do write one. I'll try PoHa!'s latest idea and contact you if I get stuck.

Edit: I can hit "Grant" too! Man, I can "auto-grant"!
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

I believe the one in the description was the final version, which has a lot of what I posted last cut out... which is probably for the best, for this quest, at least.

And, if Sload happens to not be around, I can possibly help as well. :)
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Magick granting skillz.

And yes, use the description. The other parts were cut out because the quest was very lopsided.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

News?
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

Edit - Quadruple posting (sorry) Sload? thought it as just me that commited that unthinkable deed.

:P
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I'll post as many times as I wanna post. :P

Hey, I just had a crazy idea. El Scumbago could tell us about the progress he's made?
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Morihatha thinks Jean has cooties, so I'm going to make this one while I'm waiting for a burst of inspiration to make me understand why the other one isn't working.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Is this one made yet?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

This quest appears to be about 60% finished and already merged with stirk. All that really needs to be done is to add the journal update for the dialog with the high elf about the nightshade and the dialog and journal update for the actual delivery of the plant.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

All finished up, should be reviewed when Stirk gets the final review.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This quest is perfect.