q1-50-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

q1-50-Mis

Post by Lud »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-50-Mis (#1138)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: Starcrunch
Files: TR_q1-50-Mis_Starcrunch_1.rar; TR_q1-50-Mis_Starcrunch_2.rar

---

Gah Ouadaruhn
5 quests needed for here.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Lud suggested moving an idea I previously had for Firewatch here, since Firewatch already has ample quests. Anyways, here's the basic idea:

There is a female Dunmer actress, author, singer, or some other kind of luminary. She is in love with a Dunmer man, who is mutually in love with her. The whole reason the woman became famous was so she could be with her love, as she needed money. (to pay for travel, perhaps?) Anyways, now that she is rich and famous, she has hardly any time to spend with her love, because her son-of-a-bitch agent keeps her schedule booked to the point of overflowing. She doesn't want him to be her agent any more, so she can spend some time with her love.
She wants the agent to disappear.
If you accept, there are a couple ways you can do this. One is obvious: Kill him.
By talking to the agent, you can also learn that he isn't overly satisfied with his employer (the actress). Perhaps there could have been a personal conflict between them. Anyways, he wants to get away. You can buy him tickets on a ship to Cyrodiil, where he plans to live his days away on the sun-kissed shores of Anvil. Buy the tickets, and he goes away.
A third option is that when you get his disposition high enough, you can just tell him to stop being her agent.

However you get rid of him, the actress will give you an enchanted ring that increases speechcraft (because it's the kind of thing an actress would have) she retires to bask in her remaining riches with her lover.

Any advice? And how would I start working on this officially?

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

how does this involve house dres?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Not sure. Ludovic just suggested that I move this quest idea to somewhere other than Firewatch, and he gave Gah Ouadaruhn as an example, so I did.

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Just checking... Is this supposed to be Dres or misc? I know Sadas Plantation was set to Dres by mistake because it's at the top of the list.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Misc
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Fixed
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Neenja, do you still want this?
The first idea you had sounds pretty good. is there any other ideas you have for here?
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Oh, sweet! Um, yeah sure, just the design, or the actual implementation? I just wanted to clarify, cause I could do both. I'll think up some new ideas soon.

--the NEENJA

~Mark Twain
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I have an idea for a quest here, it's called "A gravediggers fall". You hear rumours that a lot of people have dissapeared at the waterfall near Gah Ouadaruhn. When you investigate this, you'll find some necromancers stuff and a note which slightly points to a NPC in Gah Ouadaruhn. Then you have to find the evidence in the house of the NPC. (some skulls or a few bones) When you collect the evidence, you must steal it, you have the following choices: You can report it to the guards, blackmail the NPC, or the NPC (if your personality is low enough) may attack you. The first and third possibilities remove the NPC from the house, and so you can live in it. The first and second possibilities will get you a reward in gold , with the second you get more.
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

I like your idea theviking. Here are some more I had:

There is a housepod exterior that is obviously not used for an interior right now. This quest would involve creating a new interior (which I could also do) and perhaps using some imagination in it. Here's the quest: (the basic plotline could span several quests)

Triva, the lady with a manor and a little alchemy lab upstairs, has lost something very dear to her: a book has been stolen from her, one that has actual magical power. She wants you to get it back.

At the same time, there has been a recent outburst in Khajiit slaves disappearing. The guard captain (or whoever) wants you to find these slaves.

Both mysteries lead you to know that at night there have been bright flashes of light under the water at night. hm...

there's actually a cave, which you can go into, and once you go through it a little, you find a trap door leading up. Go through this, and you find yourself inside the stem of the empty housepod. (Might not be possible, I dunno-) You climb up through the stem and come out in the housepod, where the Khajiit slaves are staying. They call themselves the Brotherhood of the Eye. (or some weird name) and tell you to talk to their leader.

Once you do, the leader explains that once he was freed, he couldn't let his brothers rot in the slave market, so he freed him. The most agile cats among them have been stealing from the town, to provide for the Brotherhood.

The magical book was stolen by them so they could magically expand the interior of the stem and come up to the housepod that way, and to get the magical slave bracers off of the slaves. You can either turn them in, or keep their secret, giving a fake magic book to Triva, and giving a slave bracer to the guard captain as proof that they are caput. If you keep their secret, you don't get as good of a monetary reward from them, but you are accepted as an honorary member of the Brotherhood, and can later do quests for them

How does that all sound?

--the NEENJA

~Mark Twain
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'd like them to be Argonians instead, but I only say that because they're called "Brotherhood of the Eye". However there might be too many mentions of the Eye of Argonia already. Also, I'm not sure about your idea of creating a new faction, a workaround would be having some of the quests of the Brotherhood require you to bring the freed slaves to a Twins Lamp operative/base while the brotherhood itself is a faction in name only. (Just have the dialogue include things like "We of the Brotherhood...")
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

The name was just random; it could be anything. I just want 'em to be Khajiit, since Khajiit are better thieves, and therefore would be more likely for stealing the magical book.

And the idea about having the name just appear in dialogue was exactly what I was thinking. Wouldn't want this to be to massive, eh? :D

--the NEENJA

~Mark Twain
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Yeah, I know it was random, but though it was probably just speculation I heard it mentioned that the eye of Argonia was an area in the Black Marsh where the Hist still lived, possibly an island. It just fit so well... :)
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Gah ouadaruhn is situated close to the shrine of Boethiah. Perhaps you can think of a quest which involves this?
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Good idea, theviking, I'll think up something like that soon. So, I just thought I'd tally up the quests I have so far:
1)Get rid of agent (NEENJA)
2)Necromancer shiz (theviking)
3)Brotherhood of the Eye (NEENJA)
4)Boethia Shrine Quest (setting by theviking, soon to be designed)
5)Unknown... perhaps a second quest dealing with the brotherhood? That would be kewl. More ideas are still welcome. :D

So, could a mod (like Ludovic) check out my idea for the brotherhood? The implementation would require some exterior modding, a few new interiors, and a new mesh, which I think I could do, so just let me know if you think it's plausible. Thanks.

And once I figure out all the basic outlines for these quests, I'll make up a detailed outline for each of them. :D

--the NEENJA

~Mark Twain
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

The reason for the rumours about the GO waterfall is that there is a vampire-infested cave behind it :) You might want to work that in.
1 and 3 sound good, but I can't comment on 4 until you give a more detailed plan.
-Ophelia Benson
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Aight, sorry for not posting on this for a few days. I just took the SAT, for some reason the homework started piling up, so I guess I've been really busy with that strange thing called real life. Next time I post, I'll have an idea for all the quests. Anyways, I'm going to check out GO in game, to get a feel for what I'll be doing. So, yeah.

--the NEENJA

~Mark Twain
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

Maybe the vamps need something the PC can give them? Their leader is trapped on a small island filled with lava. They promise that if the PC saves her, the clan will go away for ever. If the PC saves the leader, he is offered a reward however, the gift-giver and a few others of the clan attack after the PC has received the gift. If he kills the attackers the other vamps wil be angry, but they will keep their word.

This may be too Daedric:

I also envision a misc quest wherein the PC is persuaded by a worshipper of Boethiah to aid in the trial of another member by the said Daedra.
Inside the shrine an ancient Egyptian Book Of The Dead like trial is going on, with a couple of lesser Daedra (whoever consort with Boethia, I haven't looked it up yet) and a spirit. The spirit is a former Boethia worshipper who is on trial by the lesser Daedra, and the means of his trial is that his soul, that is trapped in a soul gem will be wayed on the scales against the Feather of Veracity. Is there balance, than the spirit will go free, but should the soul be too heavy than the spirit will be damned for all time.
Since you find out after talking to the spirit that he is indeed guilty of commiting the transgression against the lesser Daedra the PC can do two things: either amend the actions of the spirit towards the living, or collect more quills and place them on the scales. If the PC places too much quills on the scales, the PCs deceit will be discovered and the lesser Daedra will all attack.
If you do succeed you will talk to the other worshipper again and there will be a subtle hint (a reward) that he was actually Boethiah.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Vampires, in my experience, don't stoop to asking mortals for help. In Morrowind, even if you became a vamprie your clanmembers considered you an accident, and certainly not a peer. Furthermore, we can't have a vampire character that's stuck on a small island, because as soon as the sun rose, they'd die.

And the Boethian trial seems quite lore-breaking. Besides the fact that most cultists attack you on site, Oblivion is not hell, and the daedra (presumably) have nothing to say about what happens to your soul.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

groza528 wrote:Vampires, in my experience, don't stoop to asking mortals for help.
After five of theirs were incinnerated by the lava while trying to reach the island, they carefully reviewed their options.
groza528 wrote: In Morrowind, even if you became a vamprie your clanmembers considered you an accident, and certainly not a peer. Furthermore, we can't have a vampire character that's stuck on a small island, because as soon as the sun rose, they'd die.
The island is 'inside' the cave, I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear.
groza528 wrote: And the Boethian trial seems quite lore-breaking. Besides the fact that most cultists attack you on site, Oblivion is not hell, and the daedra (presumably) have nothing to say about what happens to your soul.
I like the idea of talking to the worshippers and the Lesser Daedra rather than having to beat them to death *again*. Perhaps the quest should simply be about acquitting a spirit from a trial held by the Lesser Daedra.
The soulgem is probably better left out. The punishment could simply mean unpleasant servitude by the spirit in the sphere of Boethiah.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

/me agrees with Groza
-Ophelia Benson
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

How about this, if you want to use the vampire cave (Ruinous Crypt)
When you talk to Ansuma or Gona Veloth, they tell you that their son/daughter has gone missing. S/he was exploring near the waterfall out of curiosity, because of all the people who haven't come back (why s/he was allowed to go is beyond me. Maybe the parents didn't know until they got home and found a note.)
Give directions to the waterfall such that the player is pretty much guaranteed to see the crpyt entrance, like "Take the northern exit out of town, near Bal Gernak's Manor. Follow the road until you see a tree growing out of the rocks on your right. Take a left at the tree and go over the hill, then bear leftas you approach the mountains. You can't miss it." You also can't miss the crpyt, because the way to the crypt would be to go straight instead of that last left.
Once you enter the crypt, the first vampire you find should be the missing son or daughter (replace or rename the vampire that is currently near the entrance.) Either you need to script it so it triggers a journal entry when you get close, or you have to make sure he retains enough humanity to be able to talk to you. If the latter, he should ask you to tell his parents that he's dead (which isn't strictly a lie, I suppose.) If the latter, he should also be scripted to trigger a journal entry when you kill him or search his body, for the sake of the "stake first, ask questions later" players.
Then you can either tell the parents their son is a vampire, or you can tell them he's dead. They would find either answer distressing, but "dead" should end up being the better option... Maybe Ansuma goes after him and gets himself killed if he knows the son is alive.

On a sidenote, I think that two of the vampires in the rear part of that crypt should be replaced with cattle, as there are currently five vampires and no cattle in a pretty small cave.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Wait, why should the player see the crypt? I think having the player search the area first would be more enjoyable, nothing like a virtual game of hide and seek. :)

Alse, I'd say that it would make sense if the vampire talked to you, but as he wouldn't have any idea that you were sent by his parents he would either have to be an alternative questgiver, (say something like "Mortal, turn back at once, do not be so foolish as to wander here, as I myself did. But wait, if you ever chance to meet my parents, Ansuma and Gona Veloth, tell them I am dead, and cannot return."), or have him forcegreet the player for a completely different reason, ("Mortal, do you make a point of being nosy, or are all mortals like that? Not that it matters, either way your punishment will be Oblivion!"), and if the player has accepted the quest already a second option will appear. (In the case of the last dialogue at least, the first option being goodbye).

Wow, a lot of brackets. :)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

groza528 wrote:How about this, if you want to use the vampire cave (Ruinous Crypt)
When you talk to Ansuma or Gona Veloth, they tell you that their son/daughter has gone missing. [...]
Once you enter the crypt, the first vampire you find should be the missing son or daughter [...]
On a sidenote, I think that two of the vampires in the rear part of that crypt should be replaced with cattle, as there are currently five vampires and no cattle in a pretty small cave.
What about making the missing person a cattle, instead? Then you'd have to find a way to break the brainwashing that cattle go through in order to bring him back...

... And maybe he could become a vampire three days after the quest is over, triggering a new adventure...
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Gez wrote:What about making the missing person a cattle, instead? Then you'd have to find a way to break the brainwashing that cattle go through in order to bring him back...

... And maybe he could become a vampire three days after the quest is over, triggering a new adventure...
That could work, but there are two reasons I'm slightly hesitant. Ultimately it's not my choice though:
1. A bit reminiscent of the quest I just put in Tel Ouada about the woman who was cattle for a vampire clan (You never met the vampires; it's just some dark secret she was harboring.)
2. In my mind, the player wouldn't be forced to fight any vampires. If he were cattle, surely he would not be near the entrance, alone.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

And bah, why don't we have edit buttons int his forum so I can make that sound a little less egotistical? :)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You do...

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Maybe *you* do. I don't.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I confirm. I can't either.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Only claimers (Neenja for this thread) (and, of course, moderators and admins with superpowahs) can edit posts here in this subforum.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Every usergroup has access to edit posts in every board.

Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

To be clear, this seems only to apply to the Quests: Design subforum. I can edit my posts in any of the other quest subforums regardless of whose claim it is.

-Starcrunch
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Hey, everybody. Sorry I haven't posted again for a while.

I was thinking I should probably drop the design of these quests. Life has lately been way busier for me, and I don't even check in on what's up on the forums as much as usual (It's been about a week or two...) Anyways, sorry to drop this, but I just don't think it's practical to assume it would be possible for me to finish these quests in any reasonable time-frame, and I'm sure there are some more capable questers around here. You are of course welcome to use my ideas. Good luck on these quests.

--the NEENJA

~Mark Twain
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Ok then, this one is up for grabs.
Some things to note about Gah Ouadaruhn:
-It has recently become far more prosperous
-Bal Gernak, the local wizard-lord is vying for a seat on the Telvanni Council.
-Ophelia Benson
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

I'll take it.

We need a reason for its sudden burst of prosperity... The nearby plantations/farms? Should they be new? Should Bal Gernak be seen as the cause of prosperity? Is he really the cause? Is Bal Gernak spending some of his own time and wealth to help the town? Is he dealing with the Empire to increase prosperity?

-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Well, Bal Gernaks' dialogue mentions that he is at least taking the credit for Gah Ouadaruhn's growth, so I'd say that he has had a hand in it. Gernak is also a necromancer, so perhaps this could be worked in in some fashion. (Hehe, zombie workers :P )
I imagine that Gernak would deal with the Empire, if he thought that it would benefit him.
-Ophelia Benson
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

It would be funny to make him slightly Hlaaluish.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

This is my first quest idea for GO. I'll probably try to have one more "complicated" quest and three relatively more straightforward quests.

GO1 - Ansuma Veloth reports that he's been told that a woman is inquiring about his past around town*. He wishes the PC to find this person and determine her intentions. Most people in Gah Ouadaruhn know nothing about the woman, but those near the abandon house will say they've seen a woman hanging around the abandon house for the past couple of days. The PC should go to the house (they will fight some rats there) where they find a scrap of paper that says, "Must report the connection to Akmora immediately," or something to that effect (it should be ambiguous as to whether she is reporting to Akmora or reporting a connection with Akmora, it is really the latter). When the PC reads the note she appears (via recall or by using the door, haven't decided which) behind them. She forcegreets the PC and they have a chat. The result of the chat depends on two things:
  • 1.) The PC's rank in House Telvanni.
  • 2.) The dialog choices the PC makes.
Normally the PC is questioned sharply, if they are overly defensive or say the wrong things (wrong being things that would make the PC seem like they support the Tribunal Temple or House Indoril) the woman attacks (she'll be on the order of a level 16-18 nightblade and she'll probably wield some variety of Jink blade as well, so this fight could be pretty tough**). If the PC gets through the dialog they are told that she suspects Ansuma is spreading temple propaganda in Gah Ouadaruhn. The locals have not been very cooperative (she doesn't have much of a personality) and she wants the PC to question those around town and explore Ansuma's house for propaganda. If the PC is of high rank in House Telvanni (Wizard or greater), they cannot be attacked and she explains that she is there on behalf of Lord Vaerin to find out if Ansuma is spreading the word of the Temple. If the PC has a rank of Master or better they can order the woman away, and away she'll go (quest over report back to Ansuma).
  • 1.) Looking around the house turns up nothing, beyond what one would expect for a Temple follower. No signs that Ansuma is spreading propaganda. Discussing this with Ansuma allows the PC to learn about his past. Ansuma also assures the PC he is just an old mer living out the last days of his life with his beloved wife. He asks the PC to get the woman to leave but acknowledges that the PC may have to fight her.
  • 2.) Asking around town the PC learns that Ansuma is an old man, well liked and highly thought of, though known to make a pilgrimage to Necrom each year. He has never tried to win converts or the like.
Now the PC should report to the woman, they can do the following:
  • 1.) Lie about Ansuma (in which case she gives them some gold, unless they are high ranking in which case she gives them nothing) The PC can then return to Ansuma's house for a reward of 100gold (as she has gone away!). If they come back to Ansuma's after more than 24 hours has passed since lying to the woman, Ansuma and his wife are dead (Ansuma's mace is taken, but the rest of the house is open to be looted by the PC).
  • 2.) The PC can kill the woman (and loot her corpse). Ansuma will reward the player with his 100 gold. However the end result is the same, it just takes longer (five days instead of one) until Ansuma and his wife die. This is because Vaerin's people believe the woman was killed for getting close to the truth about Ansuma and Ansuma murdered her (they see this as proof of his guilt). This fact is never explained to the PC. Incidentally, if the PC ever kills the woman, this is the fate of Ansuma.
  • 3.) The PC can tell the truth. The woman thanks the PC for their time and leaves. Ansuma pays the PC 100 gold and everyone lives happily ever after, more or less.
* Ansuma is a retired Ordinator; this is why he is suspected. He is quite old and is genuinely harmless, he has no hidden agenda and when he says he only wants to be with his wife (who is also old) he is stating the truth. He served in the Order of Watch in Vivec city for many years and originally hails from Akmora. It was on his way back to Akmora after ending his service that he met his wife, Gona. She hails originally from Gah Ouadaruhn and they decided to stay there for unspecified reasons. He is not a spy, and is not spreading Temple propaganda, though he is a devout member of the Temple. He will have a special greeting if the player has been openly declared the Nerevarine.

** This quest will be open to all levels, but if low level PC's say the wrong things (i.e. don't acknowledge that they are overmatched and swallow their pride) they probably can't win this fight. Nightblades have pretty nice spell selections (like paralysis) and jink swords are hell on low level characters.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Second GO misc. quest posted here. This one is reasonably straightforward but requires some travel.

GO2 - Merlador (level 5 Altmer clothier) has been expecting a new shipment of cloth and other fine supplies from her original home in Alinor for several months. He has been trying to track down the shipment, and has just learned that they weren't shipped entirely by sea as she had thought they would be, but instead shipped overland from the port of Falinesti (Velenwood) to Black Light (Morrowind). From Black Light the goods were loaded onto a ship called the Elfmaid which was bound for Gah Ouadaruhn. It was also scheduled to call at Tel Ouada, but never arrived there. The PC is asked to find out what happened to the Elfmaid and recover the shipment and bring it to Merlador if possible (she gives the PC a document authorizing that they take the shipment). Merlador is new to the area and does not know much about the hazards of sea travel, if the PC asks around town they are told to enquire about the Elfmaid with Bolnosdin Grit (riverstrider operator at the port of Tel Ouadaruhn). He will explain that since the ship was lost prior to reaching Tel Ouada to it was likely sunk in heavy weather while trying to tack around Balvvarden Island (the winds frequently blow from east to west here, and storms are common). Bolnosdin suggests that this is the most likely place for the ship to have been lost. He also suggests that if the ship was only damaged it may have put in at Bal Oyra. The Elfmaid was not lost, and did put in at Bal Oyra where it is currently being refit by her crew. The shipmaster, Albeci Gratius, will gladly allow the PC to take the shipment if the PC has the document, but will refuse if they don't have it (the PC can still steal the cloth and supplies). The PC needs to talk to Asint (Redguard) in the hold in order to get the goods (obviously the captain doesn't have the shipment on his body!). The PC returns with the items for Merlador. He offers either 125 gold pieces for your services, or a tailored shirt and pants (male PC) or shirt and skirt (female PC). These clothes are exquisite (TR's new exquisite clothes) and it takes him 1 day to make them. In addition after about 3 days his inventory will increase to include new goods of high quality. Regardless of the PC's choice of reward his disposition increases by about 20 allowing for better deals on clothing.

-Starcrunch