Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_n1-1-Mis_Majra_1.zip

---

Summary:
Claimers Name: Noirgrim
Title of Quest: Tormented Nord
Quest Type: Misc
City or Cell it will be originating in: The path in cell (31,10)
Brief description of the quest: A cloaked Nord waits on the side of the road at night for assistance. When the player get close enough, he calls out the player’s name (force greating) and asks him to assist him in releasing the tormented soul of Nord who was buried here before the chimer occupied these lands. He is scared, and does not dare travel during the day time in fear that the local telvanni will harass him. He talks of a Nordic tomb that was recently uncovered just north of Gah Oudaruhn. (This NPC on the road has to be a Nord, so a Nordic tomb that was placed in map one can be explained away.) His ancestor is being tormented by a lich preventing peace in the after life. The Nord explains that his ancestor was covered in dunmer burial items (when the tomb was uncovered) to cover up the fact that it was a Nord burial and not dunmer one in fret that the body would be desecrated. (As a side note, this Nord giving the quest is actually the tormented soul/ghost asking the player to get rid of the lich harassing his soul.) If the player chooses to travel to the tomb and slay the lich, the Nord will appear in front of the player in a ghost like form thanking the player for his assistance.

This is a simple go here kill this quest, but to make it more interesting, I am planning on making the fight with the lich a scripted pile-o’-fun. I plan on making the lich duplicate him self into illusion like version of him that are weaker forms of the lich to throw the player off. Also, the lich will summon swarms of rats. It will be a fun hack and slash, and also a means of explaining why there is a Nord tomb in map 1.

Breif list of anything the quest will affect (this includes NPCs, Cells, Items, Dialouge topics ect...)

The quest giver in on the road in cell (31,10) and only appears at night. This will be a new Nord NPC. The Nord sends the player to Ruinous Crypt in cell (33,12). In this crypt a lich will appear after the quest is given, and the Nord quest giver also appears in this crypt to thank the player after the lich’s death. Both the Nord on the road and the Nord in the crypt (the same Nord but two sepperate NPC_IDs will be disabled after the quest is over.

All dialogue and jounral entries will be IDed with TR_NR1_

A list of all the things this quest adds:

-two activators TR_NR1_ScriptRock (has the script that controls journals and the fight with the lich, and TR_NR1_steam (gets used when Gamarth and creatures vanish)

-two cells (31,10) where Gamarth gives you the quest, and "Ruinous Crypt" where the fight takes place

-one clothing item, TR_NR1_ghostamulet, an amulet worn by Gamarth Ghost which is a chameleon 30 constant effect, player can not take this item

-four monsters, TR_NR1_lich (the lich bad guy) TR_NR1_lich (bad guy clones), TR_NR1_rat (summoned rats, first wave) TR_NR1_rat2 (summons rats, second wave)

-four dialogue references, Journal Entries are "TR_NR1", Gamarth's Greeting, Ruinious Crypt, and wandering Dark Elf

-one enchantment, TR_NR1_ghostset, which enchants the amulet

-19 info refs, all pertaining to quest

-6 scripts, all starting with TR_NR1

-2 NPC's who are the same guy in different locations "Gamarth" TR_NR1_DF_01 and _02

-one light that lights up ghost, TR_NR1_ghostlight
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Ruinous Crypt is not especially nordic, it uses old Dunmeri architecture (Old Mournhold interior).

And it's full of vampires.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Right, I know. Everything in the actual mission was changed to Dunmeri, except this discription which is outdated. If the mission still works when merged, cool, if not, oh well.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Just noticed this conflicts with one of my GO quests. Is this being used?

-Starcrunch
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

To the best of my knowledge, all of the old quests have been removed (apart from those that were remade/fixed up.) If that's not true, please let me know soon because it might change a few things in some other quests too.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

All dialogue and scripts in the current version of map1 were added over the summer of '06. (I think the only exception is the Firewatch gate scripts)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson