q1-69-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

q1-69-Imp

Post by Lud »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-69-Imp (#1246)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: groza528
Files: TR_q1-69-Imp_groza528_1.esp; TR_q1-69-Imp_groza528_2.esp

---

Seeing as I've already started working on this (as discussed with Lud), I figured I should probably put up a thread to track my progress. This will pretty much be exactly as I described it in the Guild and Factions thread, with the addition that the reward for TG6 will be cursed, by Lud's suggestion, based on the premise that Eldale would certainly try to screw over the imperial guilds in any way she could.

Link is here: http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18126&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Could someone please move this to claimed for me?
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Oh right, location is not accurate (again.) TG will be based out of "Firewatch, Howling Noose"
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Sorry Groza, forgot to put this thread up for you.
Moving to claimed.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Thanks Lud. No worries; you've got plenty on your plate :)
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I have the first two quests done and parts of the later ones. I've also put in the dialogue for joining the guild and paying the price on your head (Mostly direct copies of Vv dialogue.)

I'll be away this weekend, but I brought my laptop. I'm not sure how much time I'll have, which basically means one of two things:
1. I won't get anything done until I get back Sunday night.
2. I'll finish the Thieves Guild (the quests are really not terribly involved to make, at least the first four. A lot of Thieves Guild quests only take two journal entries.) and move on to the Mages Guild. This may or may not come with an update before I get home.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I'm having a bit of trouble scripting the "Almsivi Intervention on Other" scroll. I think the trouble is related to the fact that books behave differently in terms of activating and equipping and such. Would appreciate if someone could take a look and help me out here.
Also, how do I play a sound? I wanted to play a teleportation sound but "playsound mystC" gave me an error that the sound was not found. What do I need to put in for the sound instead?

Here's the script I have now:

Code: Select all

begin TR_m1_q_MalaInterventionScript

short OnPCEquip

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
	if ( player->GetItemCount TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention < 1 )
		disable
		player->additem TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention 1
	else
		if ( player -> GetDistance TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas > 256 )
			MessageBox "You must be closer to Mala Mirandus to use this scroll." "Okay."
			set wasActivated to 0
			Return
		else
			messagebox "Cast Almsivi Intervention on Mala Mirandus?" "Yes" "No"
			set button to GetButtonPressed
			if ( button == 0 ) 
				journal TR_m1_TG_MalaMirandus 20
				TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas->disable
				player -> removeitem TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention 1
				if ( GetDetected Player == 1 )
					modPCCrimeLevel 1000
					messagebox "Your crime was reported"
				endif
			elseif ( button == 1 )
				set wasActivated to 0
				Return
			endif
		endif
	endif
endif

End TR_m1_q_MalaInterventionScript
Other than that, this is all but done.
edit: I am aware that the character is named "Mala MirandUs" but the ID is "Mala MirandAs." That's my fault for putting my dialogue under the wrong topic. I just changed the NPC's name rather than go through all my dialogue and fix it; if it doesn't sound breton enough anymore I think I can fix it up without too much hassle.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

The workaround for "using books" is in MWSD8 page 143 and 144. I have no practical experience with this problem. If you haven't solved it by tomorrow evening though I'll look at it.

Sound issue:
code should be:

player->PlaySound3D "mysticism cast"
TeleportingNPC_ID->PlaySound3D "mysticism hit"
This plays the casting sound from the PC and the mysticism hit noise from the NPC. Sound playing functions use sound ID's not wave file names. ID's can be found in the Gameplay->Sounds menu.

-Starcrunch
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I think the script on pg. 144 should work. Thanks!
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I'm getting closer. Now instead of doing nothing, it brings up the appropriate messagebox and waits for me to hit a button. THEN it does nothing. That includes closing the messagebox. The messagebox stays open no matter what button I press, which has the effect of freezing the game in the inventory screen.

Here's the current incarnation of the script:

Begin TR_m1_Q_MalaInterventionScript

short OnPCEquip
short PCSkipEquip
short Casting
short MessageOn
short button

if ( MessageOn == 1 )
	MessageBox "You must be closer to Mala Mirandus to use this scroll." "OK"
	if ( button == 0 )
		set Casting to 0
		set MessageOn to 0
		Return
	endif
elseif ( MessageOn == 2 )
	MessageBox "Cast Almsivi Intervention on Mala Mirandus?" "Yes" "No"
	if ( button == 0 )
		journal TR_m1_TG_MalaMirandus 20
		TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas->disable
		playsound "mysticism cast"
		player -> removeitem TR_m1_Q_MalaIntervention 1
		if ( GetDetected Player == 1 )
			modPCCrimeLevel 1000
			messagebox "Your crime was reported"
		endif
		set Casting to 0
		set MessageOn to 0
	elseif ( button == 1 )
		Set Casting to 0
		set MessageOn to 0
		Return
	endif
endif

if ( Casting == 1)
	if ( player -> GetDistance TR_m1_S_Mala_Mirandas > 256 )
		set MessageOn to 1
		Return
	else
		set MessageOn to 2
	endif
endif 

if ( PCSkipEquip == 1 )
	set PCSkipequip to 0
	set Casting to 1
	Return
endif

End TR_m1_q_MalaInterventionScript
On an unrelated note, another book-related glitch is rendering TG2 impossible. See the object error reporting thread for details.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

This is ready for merge and review.

Cell changes to be made:
- Replace the Telvanni guard at the PT slave market with my unique TR_m1_q_slaveguard
- Unlock the wine cellar in "Firewatch, Queen's Cutlass" (most storage areas aren't locked up like that. At the very least reduce the lock level severely.)
- Unlock the door to Angon Sadas's bedroom, which is occupied. Bedrooms are not typically locked in MW. (Sadas Plantation, Angon Sadas' Manor)
- Lower the lock level on Angon Sadas's closet (in his bedroom) to, say, 50.

Known issues:
- I haven't done anything with advancement yet because there are no requirement settings for any of the ranks. Currently if you talk about advancement it will say "You are the %PCRank, %PCName." (Normally it will only say that if you're master thief, but it's kind of funny to hear "You are the Toad.")
- Some dialogue topics have a piece that says [dialogue placeholder]. This is for cases such as when Silniel has no more jobs for you and she's supposed to tell you where the other TG bosses are, but so far there are no other TG bosses.
- Stealing "The Weight of Guilt" is impossible due to a glitch in the spellbooks. My next priority is trying to get the spellbooks to work properly. In the meanwhile, use the console command "player->additem TR_bk_WeightOfGuilt 1" for testing purposes.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Moving to review for merging.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Merged
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

These are the error reports:

TR_Map1Q_v0.21.esp
Firewatch
Thieves Guild quests
Quest giver for all the quests: Silniel the Maven

First of all, i have to say that i get the following errors when i load the quest plugin in the CS alongside with TR_Data (old version) and TR_Map1_Connections:

"Script 'TR_m1_qQ59_ADH_script_4' in file 'TR_Map1Q_v0.21.esm' has not been compiled"
"Script 'TR_m1_qQ59_ADH_script_7' in file 'TR_Map1Q_v0.21.esm' has not been compiled"
"Script 'TR_m1_TestTopicsScript' in file 'TR_Map1Q_v0.21.esm' has not been compiled"

... Is that normal? I have changed the quest .esp to am .esm and made Gez's fast travel plugin dependant upon it.

"Cyrodiilic Brandy"
- If i reselect the topic "Cyrodiilic Brandy" after the first time, Silniel the Maven only repeats the first quest greeting; i can't choose between differents answers or such (needs more variables in dialogue);
- If i select the topic "Jobs", Silniel the Maven again repeats the quest greeting (suggestion, same as above);
- At The Queens Cutlass, only Ra'manjas has a "Cyrodiilic Brandy" topic, though it isn't related to the quest (but only pure and simple lore dialogue);
- No one in The Queen Cutlass notice that i have stolen the Brandy, even when i select the various NPCs, guards included;
- If i select the topic "Advancement" in Silniel's dialogue, she replies: "You are the Toad, %PCName." With this spelling, it sounds abit funny IMHO.
- The quest is too easy, the Brandy is free for the taking and anyone could steal it (remember the first vanilla Thieves Guild, it was rather difficult instead);
- The reward is nice and Silniel's dialogue quite fun;
- The rest is ok, but i would like to read at a richer journal.

"The Weight of Guilt"
- The Journal report the name "Draan Salobar", the real NPC name is ""Draan Solobar;
- No one in Gah Ouadaruhn nor Draan itself has topics about the book;
- Draan doesn't reacts to thefts (AI issue?)
- I would change the first journal note that the PC gets for this quest, the spelling sounds a bit posh even if the grammar is definitely perfect;
- As for "A Sweet Deal" in Bal Oyra, the game pointer goes crazy and freezes if i click on the "Take" word on the pages of the book (had to add the item to my inventory via the console): perhaps a vanilla Morrowind issue???
- I would enrich the journal here as well;
- There aren't different ways to end the quest, Silniel has only one new topic if you decide to keep the book;
- Dialogue is quite nice, and the reward is good.

"Devil Cephalopod Helm"
- There isn't any "Yes or Not" option to choose from in Silniel's dialogue, when i reselect the "Devil Cephalopod Helm" and she ask if i got it;
- A typo error in Silniel's dialogue: "I sent you to fetch a Devil Cephalopod Helm. Have you?": to space between "Helm" and "Have you?";
- Lleral Arantano doesn't have any topic about the helm;
- Is possible to buy the helm: why? However, if i buy it, the reward isn't worth the money that the item costs;
- If i choose to keep the helm for myself, Silniel's answer is a bit disappointing;
- This quest is interesting; has great potential and seems designed to be a base for a much involving quests with many possible paths and endings, but to do so, dialogue and journal needs to be seriously upgraded. I easpecially would like to see a journal that points out differently, according to the different choices of the PC.

"Poisoneater Robe"
- Angon Sadas has not any topic related to the quest or the enchanted robe, nor other NPCs in Sadas Plantation's interiors and exteriors;
- Llereve Sandas doesn't reacts on lockpicking and stealing (AI issue?)
- No NPC notice that the PC has stolen the robe, nor the guards when activated via dialogue;
- The Journal for this quest needs to be enriched;
- The reward is ok.

"Kidnapping Mala Mirandus"
- Typo error in Silnies the Maven's dialogue, on the topic 'Mala Mirandus': "I don't konw..." (know);
- Mala Mirandus has not any dialogue or topics related to the quest, nor there are journal updates when the PC talks with her or lockpicks the slave cage door;
- The reward is quite high, but the quest is too easy.

"Herne's Soul"
- The PC can buy the soulgem from Hermalian; why?
- There isn't any extra dialogue related to this quest or about the Herne's soul and the soulgem;
- Journal error: when the quest is completed, the Journal reports that the PC has killed one of the members of the Magesguild even if he has not killed anyone!
- The enchanted attached to the reward 'Cuirass of Mobility' seems a bit uber for such a very easy quest (though if it is balanced by the low value of the cuirass);
- Why the cuirass has the armour rating set to 0?
- The game CTD when i try to equip the cuirass on the PC via inventory!
- The quest is too easy.

Concluding: these quests works good in much of the cases and there aren't major errors in them (except when listed); they needs to be implemented though, since isn't possible to choose between multiple ways to play them; more dialogue, topics and journal notes seems to be needed, too.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Approved, only kill the messenger remains of the old quests in reviewing.