Goldmoor Status.

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Goldmoor Status.

Post by Morden »

I'm creating this topic outside of the Goldmoor forum in the hopes that it will be more widely read and discussed. I'm curious about the current status of Goldmoor, and i'm sure others are as well. Many of us have put countless hours into the GM region content and are really anticipating the first beta.

What's the current status of Goldmoor?
Is the Master List thread up to date?
Are all the required files accounted for?
Who will be compiling/generating the region?
Will there be a beta test and subsequent re-generations?
Does anyone need help with it?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

GM OoT is ready except for:

One of the reeds(pike?) is far too tall.

Eyeball's cliff mesh is not in OoT yet.

Dexter is generating GM region.

Most likely it will open to playtest for Modders.

I don't know about the Master List.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Fairwater
Developer Emeritus

Post by Fairwater »

Alright well i guess i should let everyone know what i have been upto

So the Goldmoor list is out of date. Everything is done. With the exception of the Cliff or Lady N's Flower.....i need some help figuring out what to do with those.

- I had to reconstruct The Windsail plant as it was 13k polyies, i also had to reconstruct the Speadheed reed to as it was around 7k polies. So that was my main concern and that is all done.

- I made all the ingerdients, for PoHa when we was around, and now they are in Oot (although i got to say i really dont like my Rockflower root so if someone wants to try and create that ingredeint please be my guest)

- I managed to get all of the Tors together, Fix collision on some, put collision on others. Noirgrim just made me a great new tor Texture which is not in OoT just yet. I just have 1 more of warders tors which i just realized i forgot to review and get collision on.

-PoHa got all the Trees made, with collision, i am yet to try them out, but today i created all the seeds for them and finished up what needed to be done.

So basicly GM is ready to be generated. The OoT has all the GM stuff but i am going to tweak it alittle and make everything perfect. If you really want to help i would really love if you could take a stab at the rock flower root ingredient.

So yea thats the low down.

Crap i will fix the Spearhead reids
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Tomorrow I start actively putting together the GM region in the CS.
When the latest OoT was released, I did a lot of testing, trying to put together a new region from scratch. This is a superdupermondo job, and tedious in every sense of the word. There are so many variables for each object, which you need to think about in terms of all their relations to each other.
So, as a way to lessen my workload, I will be using the Blackwood region, replacing objects from there with the new GM objects, and altering the values that I know need to be changed. Less work for me, and less room for me to fuck up something important (I do that a lot).
So, I anticipate that taking a few days. There will be a fair bit of testing required on small-scale levels, and I'll have to decide what the subregions will be like (if you have any suggestions, post them here).
After that's all done, I can hit the big red "Generate" button, and go watch a Futurama marathon as my computer takes hours upon hours to generate the entire region. Barring any unforseen explosions, we'll have an untouched wilderness called Goldmoor, just waiting to have its trees cut down and rocks moved about to make way for cities, farms, caves, roads, and forts.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It's the spearhead reed.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Everything is done. With the exception of the Cliff or Lady N's Flower.....i need some help figuring out what to do with those.
I took care of the flower last night, and I believe haplo added it to OoT. Check out this thread for all the info and files if you need them:

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=16496

Note that the little flower has to be added as a grass object in the CS, not a plant, but bethesda keeps the actual files in the 'plants' folder in the Oblivion directories.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Fairwater: Awesome

Morden: Yeah, it's added. :-)

Dex: Rock on

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

rock on indeed, this all sounds muy bueno. we need to get a news post on this pronto :)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
morke
Developer

Post by morke »

/me gapes in awe that there is a terr generator in TESV CS... (Morke also does a n00b dance)

@ haplo: does that mean that there is enough in OoT to actualy begin int and ext modding?

edit: i think my avatar's facial expression will suffice for now.
Rippin' through mesh,
Is what I do best.
Tear off a poly,
Amputate a Vertex.

Dexter: I dropped the word "communism", and people are thinking that Rihad is going to have red flags and lots of potatoes.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Not quite, but close. :-) Exteriors come first, then interiors.