Tamriel Rebuilt and The Shivering Isles

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Tamriel Rebuilt and The Shivering Isles

Post by Haplo »

Because of how Bethesda made Shivering Isles work*, TR for TES:IV Oblivion will be including SI. This means if you are a TR Member/Modder and you don't have it yet, you should get it soon! It not only is a fun expansion pack, but has oodles of new resources for us to use.

* - SI actually edits the Oblivion.esm, instead of having everything in an entirely new file, like TES: III did. Also unlike TES: III, SI is an ESP file, instead of an ESM file. It is dependent upon Oblivion.esm. The way it works is, all the new data and information is edited into Oblivion.esm, and the 1 KB Shivering Isles.esp file simply activates it. (Sorta Kinda like Mehrunes Razor DLC) (Some of you may have been wondering why SI was only 1 KB.)

Note:
Oblivion.esm Vanilla: 241,591 KB
Oblivion.esm SI: 270,001 KB

- Haplo
TR
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

[url=http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm]Don't forget to download the new Construction Set![/url]
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
TheImperialDragon

Post by TheImperialDragon »

Xui'al wrote:[url=http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm]Don't forget to download the new Construction Set![/url]
Careful with the new construction set. Although it has some bugs fixed (or so I hear), there's probably a ton of new ones. I myself am using the old one right atm. Mind you, I don't have SI either, so I don't really need it... (To mod with the new SI Oblivion.esm, you apparently need the v 1.2 CS)

Just something to watch out for, is what I'm saying.
"Where were you when the Dragon Broke?"
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Yes, thank you, we are fully aware, as Haplo describes in his post at the top of this thread. Oh, and SI is totally worth 30 bucks.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Do you really need the new CS to be able to use it with the Shivering Isles?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Yes, and from personal experience, the new CS is less buggie... as in I haven't encountered a bug/crash yet, after working with it for 14 hours last weekend.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
TheImperialDragon

Post by TheImperialDragon »

Noirgrim wrote:Yes, thank you, we are fully aware, as Haplo describes in his post at the top of this thread.
There wasn't any mention of the new CS or that it is needed to mod SI. I'm sure you are aware, but not everyone else knows this (like Tyrion for example).
"Where were you when the Dragon Broke?"