Map 2 Detailing #7

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update:

I should have this ready within the week.

To do:
* There are three existing doors without interiors that need to be made. A fourth I've assigned to one of the other claims that was assigned recently. These interiors are located at:
- ( 35,-8 ) (This cave is off the road directly south of Fort Windmoth. Nothing illegal would be done in a cave so blatantly open, and nothing would be mined or harvested here either. So I've got no idea what someone could put in this, maybe a pretty cave?)
- ( 38,-7 ) (A small bandit cave, possibly smuggling ebony from the nearby mine. I would like to make this.)
- ( 37,-9 ) (A small cave almost directly above the Nameci Caverns, accessible only by flying. Starcrunch expressed a desire for this to be a little burial cave)

* Merge Cleverclothe's detailing claim (2-22), and also merge in all the detailing interiors in the claim.

* There are also three exterior cells missing in my claim from claim 2-24. But I'm not worried about these cells since they'll probably be redone when the border of Maps 2 and 3 are fixed and detailed.
Attachments
Clean TR Map 2 Section 7.esp
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Could the cave directly south Windmoth tie into the Telvanni "infestation" of the fort? A small cave where fort supplies are being kept before they are smuggled out?

Other wise a pretty natural cave with low end monsters could work, I suppose.

-Starcrunch
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Finished! :]

Those three cave entrances without interiors are still there, as is the lack of those three cells by Map 3. But everything else should be right.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Moved to reviewing.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Reviewing this tonight.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Why am I seeing more than one detailing claim in that file...
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Nevermind, that's Darconis/Necrom region

Anyway:

tesame: clean

loading errors: none

Review: Nothing major enough to comment on.

Comments: well done!

rating: 9.5/10

By the way, what happened to Neomaeor?

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Neommaeor was never in this claim to begin with. Lud made a booboo when he made the map. :] You'll find the city in Claim 9, in a new, better position.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Yes, I moved Neommaeor far to the east of the cliff, just west of the Necrom City, positioned where once the causeway stood. It is no longer called Neommaeor and is now officially known as Necrom's Foreign Quarter.

</offtopic>
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Ah, I see now. I should really get into the habit of lurking around the exterior claims forum to keep up on things. :)

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Something I forgot to report on. The first time I looked through this it crashed on me. No reason, at least nothing related to the game. Anyway, there's a small thatch tower missing near the Erethan Plantation, I think its called Pelivur's Tower.

Should I go and replace everything there, or does Nomadic want to do it?

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

You can do that if you want. :] When I had finished this - I mean finished this - the landscaping in that cell dropped down to below the water level. I had to delete the cell, remerge the cell from an earlier version, and then blend it back with the cell to the south. So that's how the tower disappeared.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Ok, made the fixes.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Merge with map 2 pl0x.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Seran
Developer Emeritus

Post by Seran »

Nomadic1 wrote:
CleverClothe wrote:Are you sure we need one? There is already a small fort outside Tel Muthada. And another just accross the border in Map 3.
That isn't a real fort, and Map 3 is miles away from where it is going (it is replacing XXX, known as the worst settlement in TR history)

Hey!!! That hurt. :P

That was my very first claim. And it was one of the very first exteriors to get finished. I've often revisited it. And I've liked it less and less as time went by.

That being said though. It represented an imperial attemt to further secure the island. To get control of the roads in and out of the peninsula. Which was heavily occupied by the telvanni. That being said though. It wasn't the best of ideas and like I said. It was made very early on. And I didn't get much better at it as time went on either. =)

But the basic idea is good I believe. It just wasn't carried out well.

However. Don't take this as critisism in any way. Do your thing mate. I've just doing a litle trip down memory lane. ;)
If you don't bother with your past history. How do you know where your currently at? It's past what makes us who we are. And who we will be. Ignoring that, is ignoring who we are and where we're going.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

If it makes you feel any better I didn't dub it the worst settlement in TR. IMO there have been worse.