i2-195-Tel

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

you mean like how we review everything? wow! I would have never thought of that! :roll:

I see this being reviewed like any other int. I don't really care how big it is, if one reviewer alone can't complete the initial review then let them pass it around. I however will be doing the final by myself.

(Nomadic, as of now you have dibs on the initial)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

A Brief and Somewhat Spotty History of Reviewing Kemel-Ze

In the beginning Kemel-Ze was a cookie cutting shit hole (the same chair and desk arrangement appeared over and over again; often bleeding, sometimes floating, and on rare occasions both). It was endless, purposeless corridors. The first set of reviews were carried out by Lady Nerevar (who reviewed non-Tribunal dependent interiors, as she did not have Tribunal at the time) and myself (Tribunal dependent interiors). At some point after listing errors for what seemed like ages (it's amazing how many technical errors you can cram into a largely empty space) I asked to make some simple fixes. The response by a core member, who will go unnamed, (and isn't Sniper4, the then HoR) was one of the prime motivating forces behind my first departure from TR (the other was this person's attitude towards another modder who was obviously correct).

During Vegor's time Kemel-Ze was broken into multiple interiors and modders took a section for rebuilding (maintaining only the locations of the entrances and exits). Many people worked on these, but pretty much everyone who was part of this effort was among the group of modders who typically produce quality work. The people I remember working on these sections, were Stalker, Vegor, Aaron, myself, and Lady Nerevar (sorry I know there were some other's, possibly Nomadic and Zalzidrax but I can't remember for sure). As sections were complete they went into review (this was actually the first time in TR history, since the beginning of the reviewer system, that the reviewers did fixes and didn't just report errors, IIRC; it was only used for this interior). I know I reviewed a number of cells of this (principally Vegor and Stalker's contributions). To my knowledge most of KZ was reviewed under this system.

After Vegor (and my own departure) Kemel-Ze was reassembled from the pieces (apparently by Ludovic). It was probably converted to the current form of OoT (I haven't looked). If the cells are like the 40 or so that I reviewed during Vegor's tenure as HoR than there will be few errors, and little to fix; and KZ may be a tractable problem for one reviewer. It is, however, nothing like other interiors. Even though I suspect there are few errors it will take days (and probably weeks) to review properly. It's larger and contains more reference than any other interior claim in TR, probably by at least a factor of 10 (and I'm talking the big F claims from Almalexia here). So what exactly are we waiting for? Is there some interior out there that is not yet complete?

-Starcrunch
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:you mean like how we review everything? wow! I would have never thought of that! :roll:

I see this being reviewed like any other int. I don't really care how big it is, if one reviewer alone can't complete the initial review then let them pass it around. I however will be doing the final by myself.

(Nomadic, as of now you have dibs on the initial)
His suggestion implicated several people working at once on specific parts of the interior, my bad.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

@Crunch: I wouldn't claim to have played a huge role in KZ, but I am going to get the rest of it stitched together. I apologise for how long it has taken, but I have already lost some of my work and to be frank, it's a big-ass task. I can't give an ETA, I can't claim to be responsible for how this turns out, but this is where I am currently focusing my modding energy. (And I seriously regret being talked into taking on this task in the first place)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Sorry, but I didn't mean to suggest you should hurry, I actually just thought this was done and reviewing it could start. And I didn't mean to short change your contribution to KZ (I guess you really read that a whole lot differently than I meant it :( ).

-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

No, my contribution to KZ IS minimal.
And I HAVE been taking way too long, it's just an awkward an dirty job. ;p (This is not sarcasm)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I've e-mailed Ludovic and PM'd him. If he doesn't respond within a week, I'm revoking this.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I am interested in dealing with this, as it is just fixing and merging interiors. I hope we can get the file from Ludovic, or else I use Stalkers file. Kemel-Ze will not hold the release of map2!
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Hey, just dropping by.
I'll send you my latest file for this and then viking can have it.
(Should have it by the weekend)
-Ophelia Benson
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

'lo and behold ! This is me with a small message. Kemel-Ze uploaded up there has only those two interiors missing which Andres probably made. Oh, and it's also lacking some corpses of lost adventurers. It was also pretty much reviewed and ready for merging.
The map LadyN posted is old, outdated and incomplete. The correct map can be found on page 5 attached to my post.

Just a little clarification, friendly reminder and probably a wee bit of whipping :P NOW GET BACK TO WORK !
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I've taken a look at Kemel-Ze and though it is big, I know now exactly what needs to be done to it to be ready for review. I'll merge the cells Andres and Aaaron made, I'll place some dead adventurers. There are also a few activators in cells that show excalamation marks. That is because the meshes have been renamed. So I'll also renew those objects. This shouldn't take long.

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

theviking wrote: There are also a few activators in cells that show excalamation marks.
I thought I've nailed all of the missing meshes... Did we have yet another OoT makeover ?
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I think a few things were removed somewhere along the way from OoT. For instance, I can't find the architecture in this claim, Dunmeth Pass:

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/scrcaps/5/Dunmeth_Pass.jpg

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

The meshes weren't missing, they just were renamed. I already replaced them and now ill give the pieces their original name (so the script of the elevators works). I also merged Aarons cells with it. They are great and they just need to be detailled. Only that and merging andres' appartments, that is all for this claim!

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Kemel-Ze is finished! I added four cells, two dwemer appartments from Andres Inodril and the great Hall of Lzigat from Aaron. I also detailled the hall of Lzigat. I also made a lot of fixes to the other cells, basically this means that it's ready for review. Yay!
Attachments
TR_i2-195-Theviking_2.esp
(777.09 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to review; use top (my) file for reviewing.
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

Starcrunch wrote:A Brief and Somewhat Spotty History of Reviewing Kemel-Ze
I asked to make some simple fixes. The response by a core member, who will go unnamed, (and isn't Sniper4, the then HoR) was one of the prime motivating forces behind my first departure from TR (the other was this person's attitude towards another modder who was obviously correct).
Haha, I just now read this :P.

And yes, I did at first keep you from fixing this, and skipped around Vegor's recommendations to fix this. Each time this was brought up to me, I asked this one admin for advice, and each time, he/she told me that it was fine. What I didn't know was that he/she only looked at a couple of cells (and admittedly, I only did as well) and I had made two reviewers fix 80+ duplicates of the same damn cell :P. After hearing you press your complaints, I asked this admin again to re-look at these cells (by this time, I knew it was shitty, but didn't want to revoke a huge claim without this admin's approval) and this admin agreed that it was indeed shit.

After that, a large KZ fixing project begin which I didn't help one bit with it, because I was a lazy fat ass who was too busy juggling school with managing a review board that I was only managing because 7 month before that, I was told I was the only one capable of doing it, I was lonely and liked having the opportunity to talk to Yinnie on a nightly basis about TR business, and I actually kind of liked reviewing things sometimes.

To sum it all up: I was the shittiest HoR this project has ever had. Want to know about any more of my utter failures on this project? Just ask ;). There, that felt good to get that off my chest. Back to doing physical chem. homework now :). I love you all! :D *muah*
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

wow, only 5 emoticons in a good sized sniper post, must be a record! You know, if you want to come back we can always use more reviewers, if only for sparse and intermittant reviews. As for Kemel Ze, unless Nomadic changed his mind he has the initial for this int, and I have the final. And I would be curious to hear more of your "failures" as I am always interested in hearing about TR history.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:wow, only 5 emoticons in a good sized sniper post, must be a record! You know, if you want to come back we can always use more reviewers, if only for sparse and intermittant reviews. As for Kemel Ze, unless Nomadic changed his mind he has the initial for this int, and I have the final. And I would be curious to hear more of your "failures" as I am always interested in hearing about TR history.
Haha, maybe I should just tell my story on this project. It contains alot of TR history :).

I first joined in November of 2003 with the intention of helping speed this project along. I was a fast worker, and I made high quality interiors (with the help of some initial advice from zephyr). After making almost every in town interior for Bosmora and all five of those shacks in that tiny no-name settlement thingy in map 1 within only two months, I started messing in core politics. At the time, the core wars were in full swing, and I had no idea why TR and ST were fighting, or even what they were fighting about :P.

Anyway, a release of map 1 came out, and I decided to look at it. I found SHITLOADS of errors in the interiors; more than you could ever possibly imagine. These were all fully reviewed. I reported them to Arcadea, who then sent my report to Kothloth. I was made a reviewer without even as much as a test within that week :P. On the sidelines, I was also helping Arc out with a project (a part of TR, sort of) of his. He was having trouble with tile placement, so I got involved with that.

At this point, it was now around February. ST had split from the project around this time (maybe a bit earlier), and most of our reviewers left for ST. In fact, I was the only reviewer left, and Koth was getting tired of managing the review board. I was the only person on the project qualified for the position, so guess who became the new HoR :P. Secretly, I was thinking about quitting my position of reviewer before this, since the review assignment due dates were digging into my school work, but I realized that being HoR would allow me to help the project with my special talents and let me review at my own pace (plus, I had my foot in the door for being in the core). Plus, I didn't want to disappoint Kothloth.

Anyway, I got a (rather crappy) new review board together within a couple of weeks and recovered alot of the files that were lost from when we got kicked off ST's server (thanks bunches to Arc). Things were going a little bit more smoothly, but that's when disaster struck: I realized that my position would make me review Arc's project. The thing was a lore nightmare, but he worked on it for sooo long. He even got expelled from his university for failing his courses, because he put so much work into it. I let his project drag on for four months (one of my biggest failures, since I put a lot of work into this instead of reviewing), trying to pull it in a more lore-ful direction, but it was no use. Arc's ideas just kept becoming more and more dreamy and unlore-y, and the raped rectum of lore was becoming more and more bloody.

I realized I had to stop Arc's project, and enlisted the help of Yinnie. We found out together that Arc never got this project approved by the core: it was a decision made over the irc channel, and was only approved by one person, I think :P. Anyway, after a tearful intervention with Arc, he agreed to stop working on his project, and I got back to reviewing.

A couple more months passed, and soon Yinnie and I announced the completion (review and all)of map 1 ints. We described it as "An orgasmic moment for TR." Then Noir and I got into arguments about the project-wide error reporting, because I wanted an uber error report and fix, and he just wanted to finish something for once (can't blame him).

Let's see, around Sept-Oct of 2004, I was getting tired of reviewing, but Yinnie's encouragement helped me stay on. Then in Nov or so, Yinnie got injured and was gone for a while. She eventually uploaded her fixed NPCs for map 1, but the esp got corrupted during archiving and reverted the esp back to an old form. Many assumed Yinnie did a terrible job of fixing map 1 NPCs, but it was really that file corruption that screwed things up. Before Yinnie even had a chance to return and re-upload the file, efforts were made to redo map 1 NPCs (I don't think she was too happy about this :P). Yinnie left shortly after this due to recovering from her injuries and being bombarded with marriage proposals.

I think I left the core shortly around this time. I just got too tired of reviewing, and without Yinnie to provide emotional support, I just couldn't carry on. After this, I made 7 quests, (all were rendered useless during a map 1 NPC change) and created several large ints in Almalexia. In Dec of 2005, I left TR to focus more on my university work.

Other things that happened during my time here (not sure when):
-I made that tedious list of things that reviewers should look for (the one that mention everything from com furniture to which candles can be used :P)
-I focused more on making the reviewers review better so that I wouldn't have to work so much. I trusted the reviewers too much, and didn't bother to look at many of the ints that were passed through review (the reason map 1 ints turned out so bad).
-I came up with TR's first reviewer test using an interior that had so many diverse errors that it took the original creator a long time to fix it (I think Yinnie and I even switched back and forth with it, and still didn't catch all the errors :P).

Long story, eh? :) My time here at TR was pleasant, but I think I've had enough for now :).
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Sniper4 wrote:more than you could ever possibly imagine.
I dunno, it seems that every time I go to map 1 I return with 8 pages worth of error reports. Yours were probably more than minor floaters and bleeders though.
Sniper4 wrote:ST had split from the project around this time (maybe a bit earlier), and most of our reviewers left for ST.
Suprising, must not have been very good reviewers then. *whistles and pretends he didn't just say that*
Sniper4 wrote:I was also helping Arc out with a project (a part of TR, sort of) of his. He was having trouble with tile placement, so I got involved with that.
Warf Rats wasn't it? I've read those threads in admin, not a good situation and it probably should never have been able to get as far as it did.
Sniper4 wrote:He even got expelled from his university for failing his courses, because he put so much work into it.
wow... just wow...
Sniper4 wrote:Then Noir and I got into arguments about the project-wide error reporting, because I wanted an uber error report and fix, and he just wanted to finish something for once (can't blame him).
some Noirs never change. (I would have pushed for more error reporting too)
Sniper4 wrote:-I came up with TR's first reviewer test using an interior that had so many diverse errors that it took the original creator a long time to fix it (I think Yinnie and I even switched back and forth with it, and still didn't catch all the errors :P).
A test predating the current one? I would be curious to see it if you could find it.

Sniper4 wrote:My time here at TR was pleasant, but I think I've had enough for now :).
We'll be here if you change your mind. btw, we don't really have reviewing assignments anymore if that changes anything.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: No
Loading errors: Yes

A lot of script problems, including a crash-to-desktop caused by the scripts in Chgkfpz Un.

Review: Fixed northmarkers throughout the entire interior to face the exact angle of the exterior door.

Archaeologist Base:
- Northmarker faced the wrong way - meaning every northmarker past this cell faces the wrong way
- Pipe of furn_dwrv_beltdrive floated
- Table partially floated
- Sack didn't bleed into ground

Aster:
- Concealed the oil stuff with in_lava_blacksquares
- Fixed bleeding bucket
- Added food for the inhabited room
- Fixed bleeders
- Fiddled with pipes

Azmvat N*:
- Needs a rename. Didn't do it though
- Cogs bled

Bzntch:
- Nothing

Chefidz:
- Fixed two bleeding beds

Chefidz Bassin:
- Fixed casper of walkway at Hall of Reason 2 entry

Chfbra:
- furn_dwrv_well00 bled
- barrel bled
- Rotated entry to Czmfzkck

Chgkfpz Un:
- Fixed minor bleeders
- Locked stuff
- Rotated entry to Fzekic

Chgkfpz Un Office:

Chuntey:
- Fixed casper of ex_dwrv_enter00
- There doesn't appear to be a way out of the pit if you fall

Cre:
- Northmarker faced random direction
- Randomly rotated stuff

Crevicle of Bile:
- Chest bled
- Upped lock strengths
- Fixed few minor bleeders

Czmfzkck:
- Nothing

Dfzunc:
- Randomly rotated barrels

Dizfchurmz:
- Rotated stuff randomly
- Fixed floaters and bleeders
- Locked stuff
- Concealed lava

Dusbanz:
- Adjusted blacksquares to cover lava
- Fixed caspering pipe

Dzuran:
- Fixed half-floating pipe
- Ditto gears and buckets
- Deleted bleeding pipe

Fzchnrzg:
- Varied rotations of things a bit

Fzekic:
- I assume the rocks blocking the entrance to Mfinz Depon N get destroyed with dwemer satchels

Gzpfmchz:
- Fixed minor bleeders and floaters

Hall of Lzigat:
- There appears to be no way out of the pit if the PC falls in
- Fixed casper at end of bridge
- Rotated barrel
- Fixed caspers around lift with dwarven blocks

Hall of Reason:
- Rotated things randomly

Hall of Reason 2:
- No northmarker

King's Tomb:
- Nothing

Mfgchzn Tgun:
- Nothing

Mfinz Depon N*:
- This cell contains tiktorches, even though it is not accessible. I assume the reason for this is that access to the cell has been planned in a questline already - the PC helps blast the first rock and the archaeologists then tell the PC come back later. The PC comes back and the second rock is gone, and the archaeoligsts are in this cell heading for the Hall of Lzigat
- Fixed the floaters
- Locked stuff
- dwrv_barrel00 bled
- Fixed caspering pipes
- Where did the dead adventurer come from? How did they get in here? Deleted. If needed for a quest, they can easily be readded

Nzelt:
- Lowered half-floating bed

Observatory:

Ol:

Ozzard:
- Nothing

Powerplant:
- No northmarker

Pzfik:
- Fixed bleeding ballista
- Lowered walker leg
- Chair bled

Runzchuk:
- Nothing

Stafazwir:
- Randomly rotated stuff

Tower of Cfrod:
- Chest bled into ground

Trust of Lzigat:
- Picked up chair - the legs of the chairs don't have bottoms so they casper

Vels:
- Nothing

Vels House 1:
- Rotated stuff
- Locked stuff

Vels House 2:
- Fixed bleeders
- Locked stuff

Vels House 3:
- Rotated barrels randomly
- Locked stuff

Vels House 4:
- Fixed bleeders
- Locked stuff

Vels House 5:
- Fixed bleeders
- Locked stuff

Wzat:
- Rotated entry from Vels
- Blocked visible gap in the rocks near above entry
- Randomly rotated stuff
- Fixed minor bleeders
- Locked stuff
- Fixed caspering header

Comments Pretty nice although because of the scripting problems, I didn't even bother to playtest the scripted things in all cells (TGM and TCL used to get around instead).

IMO for one reason or another, the following cells need to be renamed: Azmvat N*, Chgkfpz Un Office, Hall of Reason 2, Mfinz Depon N*, Ol, Powerplant and Vels House 1 through 5. Given that there are already enough script problems, I didn't want to rename something that might be mentioned in one and inadvertantly make things worse.

I got all of the northmarkers to match the exterior, and got them all to line up. I also ensured that all doors lined up properly to the direction they were supposed to - the only problems in this regard that I remember though came from the trapdoors.

Rating 9 / 10
Attachments
Copy of TR_i2-195-Tel_Haplo_1.esp
(777.32 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Also if anybody is interested in checking this out, I updated Stalker's map.
Attachments
Kemel-Ze Map.jpg
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

In chuntey there is a scroll which casts levitation and if you fall in the hall of Lzigat you won't survive it, so you won't need to have a way up. The scripting problems were inevitable. It was because the lift parts were based on some renamed meshes. To replace the meshes, I had to pleplace these lift parts and delete them. I renamed the new meshes that were in the place of the lift parts to their original name but apparently the script needs to be udated to deal with these names. (even though the parts are now the same as they used to be)

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I don't know jack shit about scripting, do you think that will be a problem when final reviewing this? (and fixing the cell names)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I suppose the next step would be to pass my reviewed file onto a scripter. You can't even playtest it as is without buggering around. Tell the scripter which cells to rename to what, and get em to fix all the dodgies up.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I can't playtest, I can only access the CS. As for a scripter, any ideas?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Nope. I'd have suggested StarCrunch but he isn't on TR anymore, is he?
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I hope groza can help us with this. He can see this because he's a reviewer and he knows about scripts.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yay! Bloodthirsty crustacean succesfully fixed the scipts! He reported some errors to me that I fixed. So here you go, TF!
Attachments
TR_i2-195-Tel_Haplo_1.esp
(824.79 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

He fixed the scripts on the version Nomadic updated?

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yes, I sent it to him in a pm. Otherwise, it would be pretty stupid.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hehehe true true.

Well TF, use the file uploaded at the beginning of the thread (the spot where the modder uploads it) to do your final :-) Then Kemel-Ze can be merged! I forget who gets that wonderful pleasure.

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I think I get that pleasure, since it's in my detailing claim. :P

But I wouldn't mind if anyone else did it. This looks awesome.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Merging it is not a problem. You only have to connect, Kemel-Ze, Aster with the exterior. I can merge the three missing claims as well, the biggest work is the new Darconis palace. So we get to see who merges it first when TF is done with the final, :) .

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Revoke Redo, this interior was FULL of errors... jk.

*Fanfare*
*Confetti*
*Cheering*
*Your Celebratory Noise Here!*
APPROVING! USE TOP FILE FOR MERGING!
*Hell freezes over*
*pig squadron flies overhead*
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Merging right now! Man, this interior is probably going to make our mod the stuff of legend! :D
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

take some screenies in game if you get the chance please, they belong in the what are we up to thread if not the actual screenshots for map 2.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

A congratulatory huzzah from the original reviewer :) this achievement is even greater in symbolic meaning than it is in its literal greatness.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yay and shit.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

A must-have screenie is the view to the bridge from the bottom of the Hall of Lzigat (sp?) pit. Awesome.

I assume that someone managed to make the fixes to the errors I pointed out to Viking whilst finishing scripting?

Also, what's the verdict on changing the names, about 2/3rds of which I file under "crap"? I brought this up with Viking, and he seemed to think that many of the names did indeed need changing. When would that be done?

Here's my comment on crap names:
I wrote:Some of the names for this place are just poor (IMO), and just look like someone's slapped random letters on their keyboard: e.g. "Kemel-Ze, Fzchnrzg" "Kemel-Ze, Gzpfmchz" "Kemel-Ze, Mfgchzn Tgun" "Kemel-Ze, Stafazwir", "Kemel-Ze, Czmfzkck"; and some just don't look Dwemer: e.g. "Kemel-Ze, Tower of Cfnod" "Kemel-Ze, Powerplant" "Kemel-Ze, Ozzard" "Kemel-Ze, Ol" "Kemel-Ze, Mfinz Depot N" (The "Depot N" bit, which sounds too modern, and a bit James Bond villain IMO), "Kemel-Ze, Chuntey", "Kemel-Ze, Cre", "Kemel-Ze, Aster". Is it okay for me to lodge a formal complaint against those?
Finally, has anyone tried out my new scripts for Chefidz? I made the original boring script (pull one lever) a lot more interesting (IMO), and it's the most complex piece of scripting I have ever done. I'm mighty proud of it. Anyone want to praise me? :P

EDIT: Ooh, and one thing I didn't bring up whilst scripting is that there are a couple of rooms where passages are blocked by uniquely named rocks? Were there meant to be scripts to remove them, or are those rooms reserved for 'archaeology' quests, so blocked off at first?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"